The World News Media

Weather forecast and Stephen Lett

Srecko Sostar

I was at the opening of a new hall, before many years. The speaker invited some of the main figures involved in the project. One of them said JHVH guided them when buying land. There were two favorable plots. One in the lowlands and one in the elevated part of the land. They chose the latter. After a while there was a flood, and houses that were in the lowlands flooded. The brothers were very happy that their hall was not damaged. Of course, there is always the possibility of landslides, so houses on elevated ground may be damaged or destroyed.

In this case, god did not control the weather, but he did control the purchase of land. That was message, responsible brothers publicly made from stage. Their faith said so to listeners. And faith of listeners may grow too.

It can be how satan is not completely god of this system, because JHVH helping WT Society in this case. But in some other examples he not. It is confusing :)), and we will never know when god will help and when will not.

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the video from the linked post, Paula White says: "...we declare that any strange winds, any strange winds that have been sent to hurt the church, sent against this nation, sent against our pr

Sadly, the majority won’t say, “well that was short-lived! These men lied to us when they said, “the GB is convinced that Jehovah is directing that the world headquarters be moved to Warwick”.  The ma

In other words; Satan, by his action, deprived all humans of God's protective power when it comes to the elements, and over other things too. When Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden of Eden, G

I think buying the high ground is just common sense not guidance from God. After all they would have guidance from people that work in that trade, surveyors, land management workers, drainage workers, etc. Expert advice is needed even for laying foundations as the builder needs to know the types of soil they are digging in etc. We live on high ground and i would never live in a low area liable to flooding, it's just common sense. 

If God was going to guide anything it would be spiritual guidance to have a clean organisation, but no guidance there as can be clearly seen. 

19 hours ago, JW Insider said:

strange winds

That's what my dog gets when I give him some of my chili..

20 hours ago, Witness said:

Maybe, you should ask a JW after they hear both Jackson and Travis Brooks give their weather-related accounts.  That will give you your most accurate answer.

What does the average JW think when hearing both of these examples?  God provides, through the actions of weather when the organization is facing an obstacle...relief or aid, through a weather-related event. 

Really the question should be why does Jehovah allow a Kingdom hall in the Philippines to be destroyed including several brothers and sisters with it, and then why does he seemingly provide sand for another kingdom hall to be built?

Most witnesses will tell you that they do not expect divine protection at this time. But when they do experience a life saving situation, they thank Jehovah for it. They will also tell you that they can see Jehovah's blessing in their life and in the life of the organization as a whole, regardless of negative events that are beyond their control. If a tornado came tomorrow, and destroyed the new HQ in Warwick, what do you think most JWs would be saying?

That will give you your answer.

In replying to Srecko Sostar's and Anna's observations I would like to add my own direct observations, using everything I know from the modern history I have studied, and things I have carefully watched over my 73 years of travel around the Sun.

I could give hundreds of examples from REAL history and REAL life experiences, but I have done that over a period of time, and have never changed anyone's mind by hard verifiable facts, so I will call upon you to think deeply about your real life knowledge, and real life experiences, and see if you can come up with a different conclusion than the one I have.

1) Jehovah does not interfere in the affairs of mankind in any ways whatsoever, in modern times.  The whole point of our existence is to be an experiment for the entertainment of Jehovah God .... and if you interfere with an experiment ... the results are skewed.

Think of it as the theocratic equivalent of the Heisenberg Principle, that governs quantum mechanics.  As counter-intuitive as it sounds, in the quantum world, if you watch an experiment ... it changes the results.

Same thing.

I have seen Brothers, much better men than I in every way, killed, yet somehow I survive. I have seen 8 million and more Brothers and Sisters pray for the Russian Federation to release our Brothers and return our property in Russia, with ZERO results.

I have seen four Sisters in one car, out in Field Service killed , being t-boned in an intersection.

I thank Jehovah several times a day for my, and my wife's lives, and the circumstances, times, and place that I live.

But without excellent doctors, money, insurance, and a dozen other things, I would have died many years ago.  I see 20/20 now, but I have been blind, twice, and it is ONLY because of money and circumstances, and reasonably competent doctors that I can see.

The list of things I am thankful for is quite large, and I thank Jehovah God for my life, and the opportunity to know how to live a good and wholesome life, with my wife and dogs, and chickens, and an internet connection that I can sit in my computer room, and explore the Universe in detail.

Whether or not I can afford to get my roof fixed ....is entirely up to me.

The fact of the matter is that Jehovah does NOT interfere with the experiment, today.

Not in big things ... not in small things.

There is the old parable of the country Church, where the congregation prayed earnestly and long for God to heal little Johnny's crippled legs ... and God answered those prayers.

NO.

The last time he tweaked the Petri Dish was about 2,000 years ago.

Since the chances of winning the Lottery are about one in 295 million, should I win, I may change my opinions slightly .... but it is still my responsibility to buy a ticket.

52 minutes ago, Anna said:

If a tornado came tomorrow, and destroyed the new HQ in Warwick, what do you think most JWs would be saying?

quote: The take-home message? Don't make far-reaching claims about what principle can or cannot explain a phenomenon until you have considered all theoretical formulations of the principle. - https://www.sciencealert.com/new-research-says-the-uncertainty-principle-might-be-slightly-more-certain

2 hours ago, Anna said:

If a tornado came tomorrow, and destroyed the new HQ in Warwick, what do you think most JWs would be saying?

Sadly, the majority won’t say, “well that was short-lived! These men lied to us when they said, “the GB is convinced that Jehovah is directing that the world headquarters be moved to Warwick”.  The majority won’t say, “God didn’t bless the purchase of that land or their endeavor to build His house like they told us.”

I doubt that the majority of JWs will call the tornado, "an act of God".  They WILL somehow rationalize Lett’s words by saying, “Satan is the ultimate cause”, even though Lett also said,

WELL, BY ALIENATING HUMANS FROM JEHOVAH, SATAN DEPRIVES THEM OF THE CREATOR LOVINGLY CONTROLLING THE WEATHER FOR THEIR BENEFIT. 

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/construction/video-world-headquarters-jehovahs-witnesses-history-warwick/

Confusion, confusion.  :) 

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Most witnesses will tell you that they do not expect divine protection at this time.

A JW who was in a congregation that I attended, told another concerning my leaving, that I had "left the protective arms of Jehovah, found only through his organization".  I do believe many do expect divine protection.  

http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/search?q=Fire+from+heaven

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.