The World News Media

National Redress Scheme - Australia

Srecko Sostar

Today I opened the official National Redress Scheme website.

WT Australia has long refused to join this program. But I see a change. JW has teamed up with many other institutions.

Two things are interesting.

First: The tacit confirmation of the GB leader that the CSA is an institutional problem within WT Australia (and globally for the whole of WTJWorg).

Second: Paying damages to victims is cheaper this way than through litigation.

https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions

• Views 630
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I opened the official National Redress Scheme website. WT Australia has long refused to join this program. But I see a change. JW has teamed up with many other institutions. Two thing

I followed the link, above but the information includes WHAT SEEMED TO BE hundreds of institutions involved in one way or another, and I did not have time to figure it out now. I did find an 800 telep

I have forgotten when these ARC Hearings started and Geoffrey Jackson testified, but then again, I am 10.8 years old. * dog years

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Today I opened the official National Redress Scheme website.

WT Australia has long refused to join this program. But I see a change. JW has teamed up with many other institutions.

Two things are interesting.

First: The tacit confirmation of the GB leader that the CSA is an institutional problem within WT Australia (and globally for the whole of WTJWorg).

Second: Paying damages to victims is cheaper this way than through litigation.

https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions

I followed the link, above but the information includes WHAT SEEMED TO BE hundreds of institutions involved in one way or another, and I did not have time to figure it out now. I did find an 800 telephone number which I will attempt to use to find out details, later. There is about a 12 hour time difference, and they may only answer the phone (?) during their normal “office hours” (?).

6FE3D2B0-7C54-49CB-B679-310525BFDFD9.jpeg

D24B42DD-D962-41FE-AE64-FA105AA4A933.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

I followed the link

https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions/search?search_api_views_fulltext=jehovah

I went to this link, and noticed that 976 JW assemblies are listed that are associated with the scheme by name. So each JW entity (congregation) accessed separately. The Chief Bethel in Australia did not do it for them.

As the institutions listed above did not join the Scheme within the required timeframe, they will be subject to the following consequences:

• Being restricted from accessing future Commonwealth grant funding, and
  • Risk losing their charitable status and associated tax concessions and benefits.

The restriction on grant funding for institutions who do not join the Scheme does not remove access to any funding they currently receive from the Commonwealth, but rather will remove the ability for the institution to access future grant funding.

A new Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) governance standard has commenced which requires all registered charities to take all reasonable steps to join the Scheme if an application has been made which names them or is likely to name them. Where a registered charity fails to join the Scheme or take reasonable steps to participate in the Scheme, they will be subject to the suite of ACNC’s existing compliance powers, including deregistration. Deregistration would result in the entity losing access to a range of Commonwealth benefits and tax concessions.

In addition, charities classed as ‘basic religious charities’ (BRCs) may lose their BRC status if they do not join the Scheme within six months of being named in a redress application. Charities that lose their BRC status will be required to abide by the governance standards.

The list of institutions above is updated on a regular basis to ensure it remains current and will be the reliable source of information for departments and agencies administering grant opportunity and the registration of charities.

https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions/institutions-have-not-yet-joined

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.