The World News Media

Real estate as tangible proof that Kingdom is now ruling

Srecko Sostar

"The scores of branch office buildings, hundreds of Assembly Halls, and tens of thousands of Kingdom Halls around the world provide tangible proof that God’s Kingdom is real and is now ruling." https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/gods-kingdom/support/building-work-honors-jehovah/

This same words was told by GB Helper Alex Reinmueller on JW TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgfCMcOhM4&feature=em-uploademail  in 32:31 of this video.

Where in Bible and in Jesus' words you can find confirmation how construction program and buildings will be tangible proof about God's Kingdom reality on Earth?

Does Watchtower's worldwide possession of  properties, real estate (buildings) is part of "sign" of the Last Days ?

• Views 1k
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The scores of branch office buildings, hundreds of Assembly Halls, and tens of thousands of Kingdom Halls around the world provide tangible proof that God’s Kingdom is real and is now ruling." - http

Wow if the society's buildings and branches is proof what about the Mormons 100 billion bank account thats way more tangible proof to me then 😆😆😆    

This requires putting one’s faith/treasure in men, riches, and what they can accomplish with it, and not putting faith in the power of Holy Spirit. "Sell your possessions and give to the poor. M

5 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Does Watchtower's worldwide possession of  properties, real estate (buildings) is part of "sign" of the Last Days ?

Yes. "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come". You are forgetting that ALL this is only there to further Kingdom interest. Which in simple terms means preaching the good news of the Kingdom.

This also explains why we can say:

15 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

construction program and buildings will be tangible proof about God's Kingdom reality on Earth

1 hour ago, Anna said:

You are forgetting that ALL this is only there to further Kingdom interest.

This requires putting one’s faith/treasure in men, riches, and what they can accomplish with it, and not putting faith in the power of Holy Spirit.

"Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Make money-bags for yourselves that won’t grow old, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Luke 12:33,34

8 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen”  Matt 28:18-20

It doesn't take "tangible proof" to know God's will is accomplished. Isn't the Father and Jesus Christ powerful enough to make sure it's done without the use of the world's riches? 

Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”  John 20:29

The meaning of Christ's words have not changed. He spoke against materialism.  Your leaders highlight materialism.  Men can interpret Jesus' words, who have no Holy Spirit within their heart, to be influential in deceiving others that they are following God's way.  I remember when becoming a JW, that Catholics were slammed for their churches and great accomplishments in building feats throughout the world.  I tried hard to convince others that the WT was God's organization, and not part of the world.  I desired to believe it was somehow "different".  As is more evident, all the WT strives to do, is appear to be a rival in the world's accomplishments, as it made note of, when revealing its plan to build a mega media center.  Now, there are two planned, which only will lead to more.  It is no different than the Catholic Church.  

A clergyman, an army tank, a woman in bed, a boy holding an empty bowl, two people fighting, a person holding a gun

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/end-times-prophecy-sign/

In describing what things will take place as visible "sign" of "conclusion" (in 70 CE) Gospels counting many events and conditions in the interaction inside society, among the people. Christians in the 1st century didn't build headquarter, branch offices, KH etc, what would be as a proof of God's blessings and proof that King is ruling in his Kingdom.  If apostles in 1st century was same as today GB, and vice versa, than it would be "normal" to expect same pattern of behavior, actions, plans, organizational instructions, doctrines, material programs, money principles, donation systems, building programs etc. in both period of time. That would be "proof" how 1st century GB and 20th century GB was run, guide by same power of God who do not change.

It was very well established  on this Forum how Jesus became King in the year 33 CE and had his Kingdom. In fact, He was The Kingdom on Earth not only in the midst of his disciples, (is "within you"), but also in the midst of his enemies. Obviously, 1st century disciples didn't need same sort of material "proofs" aka buildings for this, as WT publications want to show nowadays Christians how this sort of "proof" is exactly what they need today to "see".

Even in WT picture above, accent is on worlds conditions and people's deeds (and all are in context of evil). 

1 hour ago, Anna said:

ALL this is only there to further Kingdom interest

What does that strange term, “further Kingdom interest” mean?  Does it mean helping others to have “interest” in the Kingdom of God?  Or, does it mean assisting men who have an obsessive interest in building their own “kingdom” in Satan’s world?  Luke 4:5-7

17 minutes ago, Witness said:

What does that strange term, “further Kingdom interest” mean?

C2
to develop or make progress in something:
He has probably done more to further the cause of interracial harmony than any other person.
Additional training is probably the best way to further your career these days.

It is questionable what is really happening in this segment of WT business. They reduced office stuff, closed many Branch offices, selling KH's around the worlds. It seems how such reports not coming promptly or not coming at all, and are not part of "proofs how Kingdom is ruling" in decreasing period of time.

When WT Society building program is in pick number and when they sales this same KH's in enormous number globally - are both of this corporative, administrative politics speaking of same sort of progress? 

The scores of branch office buildings, hundreds of Assembly Halls, and tens of thousands of Kingdom Halls around the world provide tangible proof that God’s Kingdom is real and is now ruling."

The GB and JW congregants need to see physical things, because they have no real faith in God, Christ or holy spirit. They are physical 'men'.

1 Corinthians 2 v 14  (NWT.)

" But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. "

How very true this is. So the GB & Co replace it with physical things. Large buildings, Offices, books, magazines, 'carts', and the buying and selling of real estate. 

Jesus didn't even have a 'place to lay his head'. Luke 9 v 58

But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.

I have always wondered why Jesus said, “foxes have dens”, in particular.  It reminds me of Luke 13:31,32 when he called Herod a “fox”. 

At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, “Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you.”

32 He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ 

So, Herod sent the Pharisees, and their response was pretty devious, as if they had some concern for Jesus’ life.  A fox is cunning, and it seems to be a cunning move shared between Herod and the Pharisees. 

“foxes have dens”…much like false messiahs meet in their “inner rooms” - their dens.

“For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.  Matt 24:24-26

15 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

"The scores of branch office buildings, hundreds of Assembly Halls, and tens of thousands of Kingdom Halls around the world provide tangible proof that God’s Kingdom is real and is now ruling." https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/gods-kingdom/support/building-work-honors-jehovah/

WT Society teaching is: Jesus as King came INVISIBLE, Kingdom is INVISIBLE.

How it is possible and reasonable to give statement how WTJWorg VISIBLE buildings give TANGIBLE proof about INVISIBLE Kingdom?

To say how visible people who put faith in King Jesus and his Kingdom ARE PROOF makes more sense and would be understandable. Because faith as such, is individual proof of invisible things.... according to Heb 11. 

If people are moved, by faith, to building churches, to go in missionary service, not participate in wars ...etc, i will not consider that as proof that Kingdom exist, but as proof that YOU are BELIEVER. That YOU believe in this, sort of invisible, reality.

• 3 years later...