The World News Media

Weather forecast and Stephen Lett

Srecko Sostar

GB member Stephen Lett went "in deep" explanation about climate changes and weather on Earth. He said how JHVH lovingly control of weather for His people blessings stopped in long past (I think Mr Lett had Adam and Eve time period in mind). After, satan became ultimate cause for natural disasters until today. Obviously with, at least, one exception - Noah Flood. That was for sure "so called natural disaster" caused by God. Or by satan? Who will know that after Mr Lett "clarification".

Also, Jesus mentioned something about his Father who giving sun and rain (natural phenomena that contribute in regulating weather and to "so called natural disasters") to both good and bad people, to righteous and unrighteous. I wonder, what Jesus could say about his Father's "weather control" . According to Bible, it seems how his Father giving bad and good weather to both group of people, and He doing this without exemption.  

Now, who you will trust, who you need to trust?

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the video from the linked post, Paula White says: "...we declare that any strange winds, any strange winds that have been sent to hurt the church, sent against this nation, sent against our pr

Sadly, the majority won’t say, “well that was short-lived! These men lied to us when they said, “the GB is convinced that Jehovah is directing that the world headquarters be moved to Warwick”.  The ma

In other words; Satan, by his action, deprived all humans of God's protective power when it comes to the elements, and over other things too. When Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden of Eden, G

In other words; Satan, by his action, deprived all humans of God's protective power when it comes to the elements, and over other things too. When Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden of Eden, God said to them: " Because you listened to your wife’s voice and ate from the tree concerning which I gave you this command, ‘You must not eat from it,’ cursed is the ground on your account. In pain you will eat its produce all the days of your life. It will grow thorns and thistles for you, ...."  To me this indicates that if they had not sinned, the ground would not have been "cursed" so to speak, and there would be no "thistles and thorns" and no natural disasters. In this way, Jehovah removed his protective power from the earth, and this affects both good and bad people of course. He does not cause natural disasters, he just doesn't stop them. It is assumed that in the new world, God will control the weather (miraculously) for man's benefit, just like Jesus did when he calmed the storm.

Don't get carried away over it. Man is ruining the earth and God will soon ruin those who keep doing it.  Rev. 11: 18 says:

(Revelation 11:18) But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward your slaves the prophets and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

I endorse the points Anna raised; however about the ground being cursed it seems that the Watchtower is saying otherwise, see quote below:

*** w17 June p. 8 par. 17 Jehovah Provides Comfort in All Our Trials ***
17 Young ones who learn to love the true God and to follow his counsel can become a source of comfort in a family. They can do so by showing respect for their parents and by helping in material ways. They can also make a valuable spiritual contribution. Before the Flood, Seth’s descendant Lamech worshipped Jehovah. That family man said of his son Noah: “[He] will bring us comfort from our labor and from the painful toil of our hands because of the ground that Jehovah has cursed.” That prophecy was fulfilled when the curse on the ground was lifted. (Gen. 5:29; 8:21) On a more personal level, children who pursue true worship can prove to be sources of comfort in their families, helping all to endure present trials and then to survive something greater than the Flood. End quote

Due to lack of knowledge and wickedness, man has ruined the earth by his ignorant mistreatment of it. Governments try to educate people on the right way to treat land, where to build, etc., and people fail to listen.  They prefer to listen to "soaps" and things like that, whereas educational documentaries and directives are not listened to.  And they don't like reading God's Word nor man's. Solomon talked about the benefit of knowledge; Jesus said it would lead to everlasting life (John 17:3)  So we need knowledge and we need righteous people and righteous government to implement knowledge.This would not happen until God's Kingdom is holding sway.  Wicked people and governments have to be removed and righteous government (by God and his Son) has to be in place for the prophecies to be fulfilled. (Dan 2:44)  God is not going to make Satan's system and rule look successful by intervening in the affairs of this world.  He will do it under his righteous rule.

As was stated by Anna, Jesus the King of the new earth will speak to the wind and will control all the elements.  Obedient mankind will also contribute to this, as the prophecy says in Isaiah 11:6-9.

(Mark 4:37-41) 37 Now a great violent windstorm broke out, and the waves kept crashing into the boat, so that the boat was close to being swamped. 38 But he was in the stern, sleeping on the pillow. So they woke him up and said to him: “Teacher, do you not care that we are about to perish?” 39 With that he got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea: “Hush! Be quiet!” And the wind abated, and a great calm set in. 40 So he said to them: “Why are you so afraid? Do you not yet have any faith?” 41 But they felt an unusual fear, and they said to one another: “Who really is this? Even the wind and the sea obey him.”

This will also apply to all other natural disasters like floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, forest fires, etc. The causes of these things will be no more.  Knowledge of looking after the earth and its environment will be taught everywhere. Love for God, neighbour and the animal creation will be abundant. 

Isaiah 11:6-9:  The wolf will reside for a while with the lamb, And with the young goat the leopard will lie down, And the calf and the lion and the fattened animal will all be together; And a little boy will lead them.  7 The cow and the bear will feed together, And their young will lie down together. The lion will eat straw like the bull.  8 The nursing child will play over the lair of a cobra, And a weaned child will put his hand over the den of a poisonous snake.  9 They will not cause any harm Or any ruin in all my holy mountain, Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah As the waters cover the sea. 10 In that day the root of Jesʹse will stand up as a signal for the peoples. To him the nations will turn for guidance, And his resting-place will become glorious. 

Eccl 7:12 For wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner. 
(Isaiah 26:9) In the night I long for you with my whole being, Yes, my spirit keeps looking for you; For when there are judgments from you for the earth, The inhabitants of the land learn about righteousness.

@Srecko Sostar   The GB show up their own stupidity more and more each day.

They certainly show that they do NOT have the guidance of God's holy spirit. 

@Anna said "In other words; Satan, by his action, deprived all humans of God's protective power when it comes to the elements, and over other things too."  

Do you really know how stupid that sounds ?  Have you really though it through ? 

You are saying that Satan had / has control of God.  Truth is that God decides who He will protect and when.  

My oh my, JWs get worse. 

6 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Do you really know how stupid that sounds ?  Have you really though it through ? 

You are saying that Satan had / has control of God.  Truth is that God decides who He will protect and when.  

I know you said you are not very educated. Well I will explain it to you.  Obviously Satan does not have control of God. But you are forgetting that the punishment for disobedience was death, and as I already mentioned above, this included God removing his blessings from mankind in general. Therefore: "Satan, by his action, deprived all humans of God's protective power" is obviously meant that God would carry out his sentence, as he said he would, not that Satan was controlling God to carry out the sentence. In other words, it was God's own righteous principles and a promise God couldn't break (because God cannot lie) that caused God to keep his word and punish by removing his blessings and protection. And it was Satan's fault because he lied, and caused the first human couple to obey him instead of God and thereby incur God's punishment. 

Some advice for you as well; try to differentiate between what is obviously meant in a manner of speaking and what is meant to be taken literally.

I can see you sitting at your computer trying to think up another ridiculous argument. Now don't worry, I can't literally  "see you" so no need to close the curtains!

@Anna I'll simply say that you know that what you said was wrong and that I pointed it out and you therefore didn't like it. I've no need to continue here on this matter. I could just mention how God protected Noah and his family, protected the Israelite Nation at the Read sea ............... but you are set in your ways it seems so no matter...... 

Confusion, confusion! (meaning of “Babylon”....Rev 18:4-8)

LETT:  EVEN THE SO-CALLED NATURAL DISASTERS THAT CAUSE A LOT OF PAIN AND SUFFERING, SATAN IS THE ULTIMATE CAUSE!  WHY DO WE SAY THAT?  WELL, BY ALIENATING HUMANS FROM JEHOVAH, SATAN DEPRIVES THEM OF THE CREATOR LOVINGLY CONTROLLING THE WEATHER FOR THEIR BENEFIT. 

He needs to watch this video:

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

I could just mention how God protected Noah and his family, protected the Israelite Nation at the Read sea

See, here again, you are stating the obvious  🤔 . I did say that:

18 hours ago, Anna said:

death...... this included God removing his blessings from mankind in general.

So here's the explanation: Everyone dies, but those who do his will God blesses. ....he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him Hebrews 11:6 - Also, as has been stated before, the days of miracles (such as the flood) are over for now, waiting for the greatest manifestation of God's power at Armageddon. "But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people" 2 Peter 3:7 

Those who love God can expect spiritual blessings now, but they do not expect miracles such as weather control  ".....my righteous one will live by reason of faith,” Hebrews 10:38. Why? Because right now "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one". 1 John 5:19

1 hour ago, Witness said:

He needs to watch this video:

No one in the video was saying Jehovah literally caused a mild summer, nor that Jehovah caused sand to be brought by a typhoon. They are merely grateful to Jehovah for any good that happens because: "Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights,..."  James 1:17.  Do you not thank God for a good outcome, even when you know that he probably did not have a direct hand in it? In any case, as I said above to 4Jah, those who do God's will, can expect spiritual blessings. 

Of course Lloyd Evans wouldn't understand any of this as he is a self proclaimed Atheist. Funny you find his videos so inspiring.

2 minutes ago, Witness said:
2 hours ago, Anna said:

No one in the video was saying Jehovah literally caused a mild summer, nor that Jehovah caused sand to be brought by a typhoon.

Anna, this is a cop-out.  

Well did they say that or not?

7 hours ago, Anna said:

Well did they say that or not?

Maybe, you should ask a JW after they hear both Jackson and Travis Brooks give their weather-related accounts.  That will give you your most accurate answer.

Jackson:  “We truly have seen Jehovah’s hand in helping the project”  How?

Just one example”… that Jackson enhanced upon was, how the weather cooperated with the production of the Bible.

Who then, controlled the weather that summer?  “Jehovah”

Travis Brooks – “Jehovah’s blessing is the most important thing we can have on our projects”.  What was the greatest blessing to finish the work? Sand, delivered by a typhoon, at the hand of "Jehovah".  

What does the average JW think when hearing both of these examples?  God provides, through the actions of weather when the organization is facing an obstacle...relief or aid, through a weather-related event. 

In the video from the linked post, Paula White says:

"...we declare that any strange winds, any strange winds that have been sent to hurt the church, sent against this nation, sent against our president, sent against myself, sent against others, we break it by the superior blood of Jesus."

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.