Jack Ryan

Do Demons Live in Vases, Books and other Articles?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Jack Ryan -
Outta Here -

Top Posters

I continue to hear some JW's believe that shopping at second hand shops is risky since one could purchase a demon infested object.

Is this true?

If so, how is one to detect such an object?

21 minutes ago, Jay Witness said:

I continue to hear some JW's believe that shopping at second hand shops is risky since one could purchase a demon infested object.

Is this true?

If so, how is one to detect such an object?

Yes,  seems  thats  true !  I  heard  diff. cases  from  my  girlfirnd.  Humans, they're  open  for  that,  sensing  demonds  in  their  nearness. They  hear  voices, seeing  mystery  humans  and  alot  other  things....  for  me  its  hokum !   I  never  saw  any  of  these  things  in  my  life.  Hahahahaha  ;o)

When I was fairly new in the Truth ( 40+yrs ago), I lived in Salt Lake City, home of the LDS Church (Mormons).  I was raised a Mormon but left on my own in my early 20s.   Mormons always seem to have story about some "spiritual experience" (my family is no exception).  So when I became a JW, I wasn't too surprised when the friends talked about things having demonic attraction.  I heard of pictures that wouldn't burn when it was discovered it were possessed.  There was a husband to a pioneer sister (I'm sure he was a JW or not), but whenever they were invited to someone's house he would point out something was demon possessed in their home.  Friends were getting rid of things left and right I was told (this is purely hearsay and I didn't attend the same congregation).   I had a copy of book by Kahill Gibran, The Prophet, that my husband gave me as a gift.  I was told it was causing demonic activity in my apt when I was gone (JWs lived downstairs from us at the time and it was disclosed later they were involved in very bad behavior).   When I was studying, a sister told me my wind chime attracted demons.   I haven't heard of such things for many years now and I enjoy the soft sound of a wind chime and I miss the book I threw away.    I tend to try  reasoning on such things  and not be gullible.  But I do believe demons can be attracted to things and people, even attaching themselves (for lack of a better term).   I played the Ouji board when I was young and super natural experiences scared the life out of me.  From my experience in life, caution is the word I would use when it comes to buying some things.

Ever notice that demon possessed objects are always discovered by Sisters from stuff at a yard sale?

They are NEVER discovered by men buying a used car at a car auction sale.

I mean ... if you buy a used car and it has no demons, just stop making the payments ... and it will get  ... *coff* .... repossessed!

On 4/11/2016 at 10:28 PM, Jay Witness said:

This is true for jewelry, such as antique pocket watches purchased at second hand stores, that have the dial hands missing, particularly the second hand, and it has been replaced by a second hand second hand and not a first hand second hand.

You would think that a first hand second hand is a demon to find, but no, its the second hand second hands that keep your mind in mind.

.... and also, to detect possession, which is 90% of the law, and you can't do it yourself .... WHO YA GONNA CALL?

WAIT FOR IT .... WAIT FOR IT ... WAIT FOR IT....

I remember hearing a sister telling a story about a woman who had an experience with a dress which was previously owned by a witch.  Also I read about a coin inserted into a door  in a Missionary House which was used by demons to frighten, they said the house was previously owned by a wizard.  

Sale of used clothing is a very common business in Nicaragua, I know some brothers and sisters who make a living from that. All the  clothing I wear come from second-hand shops (with the exception of my work uniforms) my purses, some of my shoes, bed sheets and towels. Even some wealthy people buy at these places, they can find good prices for Michael Kors, D&G, Calvin Klein items, different conditions. There are stores selling new clothing,  different prices, manufactured in Central America or China. I've noticed that after 3 or 4 times of washed, they get a worn look. Honestly I've never had an incident of demonism with one of my items. Unless it explains all the madness inside me ?

I wonder with the colorful comments, if it isn’t true, then why does Christendom “believe” in exorcism, while JW’s don’t find it a need, other than to rely upon God’s Holy Spirit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism

While poltergeist might attach themselves to a physical object? The understanding is depending, if an object was used for evil purposes, such as using a car to run over 16 bicyclists, or used a gun to kill 58 people and injure 500, a home used for satanic rituals, etc. Those are the kind of secondhand objects that could tether a demonic entity.

Is it a real concept? Why would Jesus command an evil spirit from a possessed person? Luke 4:35-44

Does this mean Jesus got rid of all evil, and it's nonexistent today? 1 Peter 2 ?

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Will the Demons be confined in Tartarus.....?

• By The Librarian
      Definition: A former angel who became a follower of Satan the Devil and subsequently thrown down to Earth from heaven in 1914. There were many millions of them evidently as  "third" of the angels rebelled and fought against Michael the Archangel.
      They have certain powers still with the exception of materializing as humans.

• By Bible Speaks
      HOW DEMONS TRICK PEOPLE
      New World Translation
      Deuteronomy 18:10, 11

10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire,+ anyone who employs divination,+ anyone practicing magic,+ anyone who looks for omens,+ a sorcerer,+11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium+ or a fortune-teller,+ or anyone who inquires of the dead."

How do the demons trick people?
      The demons trick people in many ways. When people contact the demons they do it either directly or through someone else, such as a witch doctor or a psychic. Contact with the demons is called demonism or spiritism. But the Bible commands us to stay far away from anything that has to do with the demons. (Galatians 5:19-21) 
      Why? Just as a hunter uses a trap to catch animals, the demons use tricks to trap and control people.
      What is divination, and why should we avoid it?
      One of their tricks is called divination. That is the use of supernatural powers to try to find out about the future or the unknown. Someone might try to do this by looking at the stars, searching for omens, reading tarot cards, using a crystal ball, or reading the palm of a person’s hand. 
      Many people think that these practices are harmless, but they are not. They are very dangerous. For example, the Bible shows that demons and fortune-tellers work together. At Acts 16:16-18, we read about “a demon of divination” who helped a girl to do “fortune-telling.” After the apostle Paul sent the demon away, the girl lost her ability to foretell the future.
      (a) Why is it dangerous to try to communicate with the dead? (b) Why do God’s servants never get involved in demonic customs?
       The demons use another trick to trap people. They try to make us believe that it’s possible to talk to the dead and that those who have died are actually still alive somewhere and can communicate with us or hurt us. For example, someone whose friend or relative has died may go to a person, such as a spirit medium, who says he or she can talk to the dead. The medium may tell the person something interesting about the dead friend or relative and even imitate the dead person’s voice. (1 Samuel 28:3-19) 
      Many funeral customs are also based on the belief that the dead are still alive somewhere. These may include funeral celebrations, funeral anniversaries, sacrifices for the dead, widowhood rites, or some wake rituals. 
      When Christians refuse to take part in these customs, their families or village communities may criticize them, insult them, or refuse to have anything to do with them. But Christians know that the dead are not alive somewhere else. It’s impossible to communicate with them, and they cannot harm us. (Psalm 115:17) 
      Be very careful. Never try to communicate with the dead or the demons and never get involved in demonic customs.—Read Deuteronomy 18:10, 11; Isaiah 8:19.
      What have many people who once lived in fear of the demons been able to do?
      The demons not only trick people but also frighten them. Today, Satan and his demons know that they have only “a short period of time” before God removes them from the earth, so they are more violent and aggressive than ever. (Revelation 12:12, 17) 
      However, thousands of people who once lived in fear of the demons don’t fear them anymore. How did they break free from their fear of the demons?
      HOW TO RESIST SATAN AND THE DEMONS
      Get rid of everything that has to do with magic, the demons, or the supernatural Study the Bible ask for help at jw.org free Pray to Jehovah God https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102015150?q=deut18%3A10&p=par

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      For instance:
      A demon looking for redemption for feeling bad for supporting Satan in the past. Might he use his powers now to help someone as angels do to help God servants?
    • By Bible Speaks
      “The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things.” (Matthew 13:39) - Bible Speaks
      Matthew 13:39 
      Good News Translation (GNT)
      39 and the enemy who sowed the weeds is the Devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvest workers are angels. 
      Good News Translation (GNT) Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society

• By Anna
      Why do we understand the "prince of Persia" in Daniel 10:13 to be a wicked angel/Demon when it seems that the messenger is talking about a succession of actual kings, and if the demon is called a "prince" of Persia,  who then is the "prince" of Greece in 10:20?
    • By Bible Speaks
      42 "But we have renounced the shameful, underhanded things, not walking with cunning or adulterating the word of God; but by making the truth manifest, we recommend ourselves to every human conscience in the sight of God."
      (2 Cor. 4:2)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Leander H. McNelly
    Newest Member
    Leander H. McNelly

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.