The World News Media

Let's Get It On - identify a cult!

Evacuated

On 6/21/2019 at 2:03 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

The things that you mentioned are more about the content of the doctrines. @Outta Here made specific list about methods of influence on people or on a group of people that is/can be used in variation of intensity and models. 

The last time I was very specific in this regard, you deleted a thread or two with evidence to claim. Need I bring such up again with your quotes will only sully the tracks of which you wiped clean from the digital pavement.

That being said, if you do not know what a cult is, I suggest looking into it starting with elementary sources.

So far, not but one is ever clear on this matter.

• Views 2.3k
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will pictures do?  

People give their lives for any number of causes without faith in a resurrection. This noble quality of humans is exploited by "cult" leaders regardless of the damage it might do to the individual, an

“Debunk” – to prove that something such as an idea or belief is false and silly.   It wasn’t falsely “debunked” until the expectations of the organization never were fulfilled.  It was

Posted Images

Just now, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Very simple.

"A cult is the church down the street from YOUR church."

And yet you missed the goalpost on what a cult is. Think harder, Rook, look into what it actually is. I say this because this is coming from someone who is aware of a very strong cult that has plagued Hispaniola, leaving quite the scar in a grim fashion.

4 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

And yet you missed the goalpost on what a cult is. Think harder, Rook, look into what it actually is. I say this because this is coming from someone who is aware of a very strong cult that has plagued Hispaniola, leaving quite the scar in a grim fashion.

That is a WHOLE different issue.

There are cults that are harmless .... and cults that are dangerous.

2019-06-25_000925.jpg

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

That is a WHOLE different issue.

There are cults that are harmless .... and cults that are dangerous.

2019-06-25_000925.jpg

You missed the goalpost yet again. Dare I ask, do you even know what a cult is? In all honesty you are partly correct, there are harmful ones and ones that harm, the one I had in mind is a mix of both that, again, has scarred people.

So going with what OH said, and I to you, what defines and or is a cult?

Related image

A cult would say things like:

"Avoid independent thinking...questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization. ( ie: the watchtower organisation )" (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1983 pg. 22)

"Fight against independent thinking." (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1983 pg. 27 )

"All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave.( ie: the watchtower )" (The Watchtower, Oct. 1, 1994, p. 8.)

“Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.” Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock p.94

“Do not look for excuses to associate with a disfellowshipped family member, for example, through e-mail.” Watchtower Study Edition 2013 Jan 15 p.16

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?  These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . . . This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197).

They will make FALSE prophecies:

"In subsequent chapters we present proofs that the setting up of the Kingdom of God has already begun...And that the "battle of the great day of God almighty [revelation 16:14], which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of the earth's present rulership, is already commenced." SOURCE: "The Time is at Hand; 1889. ( note: The 1915 edition of this book changed "A.D. 1914" to "A.D. 1915." )

"...the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," SOURCE: The Time Is at Hand, 1908 edition, p. 101.

"Now, in view of recent labor troubles and threatened anarchy, our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They do not see how present conditions can hold out so long under the strain. We see no reason for changing the figures - nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." Zion's Watch Tower 1894 Jul 15 p.226

1914 (2).png

1914.png

1925.png

1925WT1-1pg3.jpg

1925WT9-1pg262.jpg

1975.jpg

1975-arizona-republic-1969.jpeg

CCF11242010_00001.jpg

Our friend @Space Merchant  

The roots of the Unitarian movement lie mainly in the reformation of the 16th century. At that time people in many countries across Europe began to claim the right to read and interpret the bible for themselves, to have a direct relationship with God without the mediation of priest or church, and to set their own conscience against the claims of religious institutions. - source https://www.unitarian.org.uk/pages/history

@Srecko Sostar 

Image result for j jonah jameson laughing gif

lol "Biblical Unitarian"... Know the difference. Now you are pulling the same tricks that Butler pulled when he assumed all Unitarians are aligned with the interfaith, I suggest you try again.

And by the by: That was the same link Butler used, now I ask you, why on God's earth would support the interfaith when time and time I spoke against it? and Second, I believe that Jesus PRE-EXISTED. 

Your source, as I had told Butler who used that same source, is utterly stupid.

Many Jehovah's Witnesses did believe that Armageddon was happening in 1975 

Despite what SM and others may say.  SM wasn't and isn't a JW. He just uses info he finds. 

My own brother is an Elder and was a JW from the 1960's onward. He personally knows, or knew at that time, people that sold their houses, gave up businesses, and did full time ministry. He has related to me, of cases whereby people were almost suicidal with worry, because they had given up everything in a material sense, so when it didn't happen they were penniless and some were homeless. 

The Org may not have put it into print, but they deliberately spread the rumours about it happening. 

12 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Many Jehovah's Witnesses did believe that Armageddon was happening in 1975

Give us a quote of them claiming that the end of the world was 1975.

I gave evidence, even from an agnostic that proves you and others were in the wrong.

Also it should be noted that some JWs had a misunderstanding of things hence began the spread.

Despite what SM and others may say.  SM wasn't and isn't a JW. He just uses info he finds. 

The information and citations I use are legitmate fact and truth, which overwrites word of mouth claims and the like in which you and others had professed.

If the claim that they stated 1975 would be the end, I wanna here it from someone, you have the spotlight John, let's have it.

My own brother is an Elder and was a JW from the 1960's onward. He personally knows, or knew at that time, people that sold their houses, gave up businesses, and did full time ministry. He has related to me, of cases whereby people were almost suicidal with worry, because they had given up everything in a material sense, so when it didn't happen they were penniless and some were homeless. 

Which goes back to what I had said here and months ago. Some JWs misunderstood and did as they did while others did not, this was pointed out by the Agnostic as is with other sources, one of said sources of someone being there that day and knew this among their own faith community.

There was a reason why ExJws flagged the Agnostic's video to be removed from YouTube because he spoke the truth.

The Org may not have put it into print, but they deliberately spread the rumours about it happening. 

They did not spread the rumors, according to legitimate source.

In an example: If I said Iran was going to do something terrible to anger the United States, some people among the fold will think that what I said was Iran is going to attack the US (ATTACK), and others will think I said that Iran is going do something to defend their land from the US, which is actually angering the US (DEFEND). Venezuela is also another example.

Despite what I said, there will be two groups of people that will draw their conclusion from what I had said, with one group pushing the slander and engineering something of their own design. And clearly two sides will be butting heads.

This is likewise with with the whole situation about 1975.

That being said, the latter in blue is actually true vs. what the MSM is preaching, which is in red. The WW III horn is tooting again. Always a lot of blood and lives for an old man's political war for oil.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.