The World News Media

The Holy Spirit

Cos

4 hours ago, Cos said:

“thus says” is found throughout the Scriptures and is always attributed to actual persons; “Thus says the Holy Spirit” (Acts 21:11).

Must be wrong because Acts 21:11 is an exception.

4 hours ago, Cos said:

He is not an impersonal force or power;

Well then, your Holy Spirit is not the same as my holy spirit.

• Views 21.4k
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cos: What you have stated is OPINION.  You have proved NOTHING, except that you can type. Both God and Christ have a personal name ... what is the Holy Spirit's name .... Casper? If so,

The quote referenced above reads: "In the Bible, God’s holy spirit is identified as God’s power in action. Hence, an accurate translation of the Bible’s Hebrew text refers to God’s spirit as “God’s ac

Claims of irrationality have always been levelled against witnesses who have experienced Gods great gift. "And we are witnesses of these matters, and so is the holy spirit, which God has given to thos

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

Must be wrong because Acts 21:11 is an exception.

Gone fishing,

Acts 21:11 is exactly what I would expect to find in the Scriptures, whereas others, it would seem, need to make pretext to deny what the verse says.

18 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

Well then, your Holy Spirit is not the same as my holy spirit.

Then allow me tell you about the real Holy Spirit of the Bible, the one who Jesus declared to His disciples, the one who can be blasphemed, the one who loves believers and guides them into all truth…interested? <><  

On 10/7/2017 at 12:53 AM, Cos said:

Mr. Harley,

If you ever want to know the truth of Scripture (what you refer to as “silly stuff”) I’d be more than happy to engage your queries. <><

On 10/7/2017 at 9:56 PM, Cos said:

And here is another observation, the fact that in Acts 21:11 this was a prophetic message given to Agabus is sure proof of the foreknowledge of the Person from who the message came. <><

1 hour ago, Cos said:

Then allow me tell you about the real Holy Spirit of the Bible, the one who Jesus declared to His disciples, the one who can be blasphemed, the one who loves believers and guides them into all truth…interested?

This fellow knows a lot! I know because he says he does!

22 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This fellow knows a lot! I know because he says he does!

Mr. Harley,

Regardless of your attempt to ridicule my offer, which I’m sure others of like mind would find amusing, it still stands, in fact, why don’t you actually find out for yourself or is it possibly that the reason you “shy” away from the matter is because you are unsure of your own beliefs? <><

On 10/7/2017 at 12:53 AM, Cos said:

Mr. Harley,

If you ever want to know the truth of Scripture (what you refer to as “silly stuff”) I’d be more than happy to engage your queries. <><

Mr. Cos,

If you ever want to know the truth of everything, I'd be more than happy to share some of my boundless knowledge with you as my precious time permits.

I mean, c'mon! There is such a thing as modesty

21 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Mr. Cos,

If you ever want to know the truth of everything, I'd be more than happy to share some of my boundless knowledge with you as my precious time permits.

I mean, c'mon! There is such a thing as modesty

Mr. Harley

First you claimed one thing and then another, after that you just dismissed it all as “silly stuff”. I offered to maintain dialogue with you, giving you the opportunity to express why you would say the Scriptures presented to you is “silly stuff”. I did the same with Gone fishing, I tried to keep the dialogue going; because only through continual and meaningful dialogue can a real consensus be reached…think about it. <><

On 10/10/2017 at 10:56 AM, Cos said:

Then allow me tell you about the real Holy Spirit of the Bible, the one who Jesus declared to His disciples, the one who can be blasphemed, the one who loves believers and guides them into all truth

It would seem that the only thing you can actually tell me that is not actually stated in the Bible is that is that the Holy Spirit is a person. How many times is the term "Holy Spirit" mentioned in the bible you use?

21 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

It would seem that the only thing you can actually tell me that is not actually stated in the Bible is that is that the Holy Spirit is a person.

Gone fishing,

Your premise is based on an argument from silence. A number of individuals are not “stated” as persons in Scripture, but we know – or at least can tell – that they are persons by certain characteristic that indicate this. Jesus’ account of the Holy Spirit in John’s Gospel (and elsewhere in Scripture) authenticates this.

21 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

How many times is the term "Holy Spirit" mentioned in the bible you use?

Probable as many times as is mentioned in your version of the Bible. <><

8 hours ago, Cos said:

Your premise is based on an argument from silence

Cos

Probably you misunderstand. Whatever you can tell me about Holy Spirit that is stated in the Bible, I can read for myself. Therefore I do not require your statement to reveal it (or mine) as it is already there, apparent for all to see. However, your assertion that the Holy Spirit is a person is not apparent to me from the Bible. I cannot read it there. I have only your statement that it is so.

8 hours ago, Cos said:

your version of the Bible

By this you mean the one I use most frequently I presume? I use several versions actually. But I will use the NWT 2013 for the purposes here, but I am not limited to this.

The term "holy spirit" appears 93 times.

The term "spirit" appears 551 times which will include those 93.

So, I will partially rephrase. How many times are the terms "Holy Spirit"  and "spirit" mentioned in the bible you use?

Interestingly, which version do you prefer to use?

I get a perverse pleasure in watching these self inflicted semantics traps.

It reminds me of the Prisoner sitting cross-legged on the floor of a  large domed bird cage ... filthy, and in rags, starved almost to death,  holding out gold coins and letting them through his fingers to the pile of coins between his legs, over, and over and over, all day ... and the key to the lock on the cage door is on a cord around his neck.

For you see ... the cage is not to keep him in ... but to keep YOU out.

But hey ... THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT !

14 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

Whatever you can tell me about Holy Spirit that is stated in the Bible, I can read for myself. Therefore I do not require your statement to reveal it (or mine) as it is already there, apparent for all to see. However, your assertion that the Holy Spirit is a person is not apparent to me from the Bible. I cannot read it there. I have only your statement that it is so.

Gone fishing,

I’m curious here, when you study the Scriptures and you come to a passage which mentions the Holy Spirit, do you interpreted the JW idea of “power in action/active force” for the Holy Spirit as you read the passage?

Let me ask you another little question; why doesn’t the WT change all the passages where the Spirit is mentioned to “active force” as they do in Genesis 1:2? Do you think that maybe if they did then the passages would be illogical and that is why they don’t? Here are a couple of examples:

“thus says (active force)” Acts 21:11

“But they themselves rebelled and made his (active force) feel hurt” Isa. 63:10

14 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

So, I will partially rephrase. How many times are the terms "Holy Spirit"  and "spirit" mentioned in the bible you use?

Interestingly, which version do you prefer to use?

I utilize a number of Bible versions. At the moment I doing a lot of read from the LEB so according to my Logos software, for the Holy Spirit 94 results, for spirit (in general) 604 results (which would include the 94). But I don’t see what relevance this has.<><

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.