The World News Media

ANOTHER Difficult Doctrine. With a less complex explanation.

JW Insider

• Views 7.4k
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well said. The sooner we stop "going beyond the things written" and stick to our Christian mandates the better. The fact that we have been totally wrong about numerous other dates (every other date?)

I would not call it “dumb” if I were you. The four windows reminds us of the four angels on the four corners of the earth holding tight the four winds of the earth. The carpet covering the dirt o

I guess I should respond to this point too, since you added "Some scholars have updated their chronology . . . Why haven't you updated yours?" First of all I don't care about Wiseman and Grayson

Posted Images

2 hours ago, b4ucuhear said:

Oh, and while we are on the subject, do you also believe that the true anointed will be manifest within 10 years and make the date of the judgment known? And if not, why not?

I love it! A date from the one who lambastes the WT for having issued them. Let’s see—10 years from now is Christmas 2029.

JTR has an ear for a jingle. Let’s see how he feels about this one:

All will be fine post-29!!!

And where does this ten-years-out date come from? He just pulls it out of his hat, so far as I can see. At least when WT flubs a date, they have a scriptural rationale for having set it. II I didn’t know better I’d say he has a project on tap that the expects to take ten years, after which he will board the Good Ship Anointed.

Say what?

Sorry, TTH, I was distracted, collecting fingernail clippings, and balled up "nose-blow" Kleenex from the bathroom trash can for your requested video.  (If I had a fetish, it might be  a feet fetish, hey!, but whatever floats your boat.)

You are in luck ... I am recovering from the flu, and just recently sharpened my talons.

As far as predicting theocratic events in the future, in the last thousand and more years NO ONE who has lived has been right about future events, not individually, or collectively as an organized religion.

I suspect that will continue for the foreseeable future.

When I predicted that Vladimir Putin would relax and restore Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, by the end of 2020, that guess had NOTHING to do with religion ... only my understanding ....or my perceived understanding ... of Russian politics, and the fact that I believe Putin thinks like an adult.

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

JTR has an ear for a jingle. Let’s see how he feels about this one:

All will be fine post-29!!!

How about this little ditty ...

"The Democrats are nuts, but feelin' fine.

Not a chance for them, till post '29 !"

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And where does this ten-years-out date come from? He just pulls it out of his hat, so far as I can see

"He just pulls it out of his hat..." I was thinking of another 3 letter word, but sure, "hat." Let's go with "hat" ;)

11 hours ago, b4ucuhear said:

After all, everyone claims to be part of Jesus' flock but Jesus clearly indicated that most who claim to serve him would not actually be approved. And how can you expect to "gather together in my name" with them if you don't even know who they are?

I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. - John 10

Yes, here exist a risk how sheep imagine how he/she is a Jesus' sheep, but in fact belongs to some other flock. 

Perhaps "to  gather" in spiritual context? Not necessary to be counted, numbered while be on meeting or convention. You already know how God hate that "his people" to be counted. We have Bible precedents on that. Perhaps WT Society should to stop count how many JW's are worldwide. :))

While doing that WT leaders shows attitude how They Know who belong to Jesus' flock. Do they know? Do you know?

12 hours ago, b4ucuhear said:

especially about the 10 years... 

......with all due respect,

i really

don't know what are you talking about :))

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You already know how God hate that "his people" to be counted. We have Bible precedents on that.

Actually, God does not "hate that his people be counted." We have Bible precedents on that too. (Exodus 30:11-16; Numbers 1:1-3; Numbers 26:1-4...and how do we know how many volunteers served with judge Gideon if they weren't counted...?) The fact is that David's sin in taking a census was a sin on that one occasion (2 Sam. 24:1-10) but that wasn't usually the case. Why was this an exception or different? The Bible doesn't say even though there is speculation as to why this occasion was different, but I'm not sure we can be dogmatic on it either way. So you can't just "cherry-pick" isolated passages from the Bible and "shoehorn" them into a wrong context ("going beyond the scope of your reference" as they say) and then misapply them. That's what apostates often do, so you should be careful with that. The fact is, there are many good and practical reasons God's servants are/were counted - both then and now. I won't list all those reasons since they should be obvious already and I'm not going to do your homework/thinking for you. So with ample scriptural and modern-day evidence, suggesting that "...the WT Society should stop counting how many JW's there are worldwide," is simply (and I would have hoped, obviously) wrong.

Re: "...especially about the 10 years..."

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

.....with all due respect,

i really

don't know what are you talking about :))

That makes two of us. *\_(".)_/*  (Actually a lot more than two...). Believe me, this wasn't my idea posted, but if you don't know what I am referring to, it's probably better we keep it that way. "Mum's the word"... shhhhh (finger to lips)

The Ten years was a misquote by @TrueTomHarley the story teller. He loves to tell stories and to mock others by misquoting them.

I actually said originally that Judgement day would probably be 10 years away or more as it would take a long time for the JW Org to get back into good standing with God and therefore be useable, or for God to have the true Anointed remnant here on earth doing his will and gathering the earthly class. But i also said that God could do it in 10 days if He so wished. 

Mr Harley just picked up on the 10 years because he is a storyteller and loves to get attention for himself. He offers nothing that is upbuilding but just loves to ridicule others. Over to you story teller. 

Update :) 

I've just noticed that the story teller or someone, has now added the idea that true Anointed will give the date of the Judgement.  No, the true Anointed know that no one knows the day or the hour. It is only false servants of God that put dates to it, and how silly they have shown themselves to be. 

3 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

I actually said originally that Judgement day would probably be 10 years away or more as it would take a long time for the JW Org to get back into good standing with God and therefore be useable

That’s setting a date. Close enough.

After all, AlanF stated the year 2000 on the basis on some throwaway statement regarding ‘the end of the century’ and your chums were hitting the upvote button like rats in a Skinnner cage.

7 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

He offers nothing that is upbuilding but just loves to ridicule others.

If you didn’t say such ridiculous things, it wouldn’t happen.

3 hours ago, b4ucuhear said:

Exodus 30:11-16

purpose is:  pay money and you will be spared

Numbers 1:1-3

purpose is: to serve in the army

Numbers 26:1-4

purpose is: to serve in the army

(2 Sam. 24:1-10

purpose is: the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and it incited David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah."

What is context, why WT Society count members? Does secular authority need such informations? Does WT Society preparing for war? Does WT Society calculates how much money can each member bring into organization? Or how much calendars have to print? Or how much money they will send as a gift to each member?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.