The World News Media

Russian authorities break into Kingdom Hall

Guest Nicole

On 4/1/2017 at 10:05 PM, ARchiv@L said:

ARE YOU SURE??

Phew!!!

Emotions understandably are running high over the issues faced by our dear brothers in Russia. Our sense of justice is outraged by the treatment meted out to our brothers, especially when we see videos like above. Let's not forget that the roaring of the lion (1Pet.5:8) is aimed to frighten and confuse the sheep. The last thing we want is to be bickering with each other over how to best support our brothers at this time. Recognise that oppression can drive even the wise one into madness (Ecc.7:7).

We can be sure that the Head of the congregation, Jesus, is as well aware of what is happening to our brothers now as he was in the 1st Century in connection with the congregation in Smyrna (Rev.2:8-11).

We have been provided with our current publicity strategy by the Governing Body, and are yet to see the impact of this. Additional action has been taken under theocratic direction as reported on https://jw-russia.org/news on 31/3/2017. The Society has posted videos and news reports on oppressive action both recently and in the past on jw.org, even naming brothers where appropiate.

As for sympathisers (either Witnesses or non-witnesses) posting videos and information under their own authorisation, this is a matter for them and their own consciences. It would hardly be appropriate for we, who demand freedom of expression for ourselves especially in religious matters, to restrict that right for others. However, with every excercise of freedom there is a price to be paid and a consideration on how our actions effect others.

In fairness to @Lussier Denis, the campaign instructions do contain the request: "Do not mention the names of individuals in Russia who are Jehovah’s Witnesses.". We need to apply the words of Proverbs 20:1 here: "by skillful direction wage your war", and for Jehovah's Witnesses, that skillful direction will come from the Head of the Congregation, Jesus Christ, and through the instructions given by the Governing Body and it is through following these that victory will come. It will not come through individually initiated skirmishing, independent of that "skilfull direction" and the inevitable disunity such action brings.

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ARE YOU SURE?? Instructions for Letter-Writing Campaign https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/jw-mobilize-global-response-to-threat-of-ban/   have you seen the "instructio

PLEASE  -  obey the instructions of the governing body, and trust in Jehovah and not in your own wisdom.  It is so unwise what some write and do. I am very sad. 

I agree with you, dear Peter. I am sometimes sad here too ! 

Posted Images

@Peter Kutzer-Salm  I am feeling like you . You have a very good perspective !! I hope, many Brothers will read your few, but right comments. I got a short audio talk of a Bethel Brother, from my long time pioneer girlfriend. The Branch office said, we should keep us first tight to the English jw.org website, the slave - channel - and NOT trust the Internet sites or strange Brothers ... Bec. the  2. point, many apostate trying make confuse the JW worldwide and we must keep on the watch ! Thats official words from Bethel and a very good advice for us all.  Moreover,  that all is a good training for us before the great tribulation !  Until now, no  Brothers under persecution, thats very good to hear :) We shall pray and wait of the next week, what will happen. Jehovah will know what is to do !  Our work is done with writing letters and furthermore our prayers❤️

Thanks for your always wise words; you're watching all very clear and in Jehovah's sense. Ich werde bald auf die email antworten. Danke ! 

• 2 months later...
Guest Nicole
On 4/1/2017 at 13:49, Lussier Denis said:

Sur JW.ORG, les "instructions" étaient de ne -pas- écrire les noms de nos  frères et soeurs dans les lettres adrésées à la Russie pour leur sécurité.
Merci Nicole de placer leur photos en ligne ! Ça va beaucoup les aider... 
-
On JW.ORG, the "instructions" were -not- to write the names of ours the brothers and sisters in the letters adored to Russia for their safety.
Thank a lot Nicole for placing their pictures online ! It will help them a lot ...

Now, be grateful to JW.ORG too for placing this video online showing their faces and help them a lot 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/russian-authorities-raid-religious-meeting-video/

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.