The World News Media

New Light on Beards

JW Insider

Actually, that is already active in Iran and areas governed by Sharia Law. Enforcers carry around a wooden dowel and measure pubic hair of suspected apostates by wrapping the hair around the dowel.  If the hair goes once around the dowel, they get punished as apostates.

Cartoon dogs do not have any such problems, considering we have whiskers out the sides of our noses.

EF86F0BD-2E3C-44A0-BA69-6A474CDF77C1.jpeg

• Views 16.3k
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of speculation there. I think this is about unity. I always say there is strength in numbers. It's apparent that HQ received many "complaints" (they said so) from people who were argui

I think the current GB realizes it has a compilation of messes on its hands that can only accrue problematically. It's trying to dig itself out. But the fear is the pile is too deep. Ultimately the 19

My speculations aren't worth the time to read them, but I'm guessing a timeline like the following:  2024: No more Circuit Overseers. (The reason that the District Overseers were let go was not b

Posted Images

15 hours ago, BTK59 said:

agreement between fellow believers

Fellow Christians in JW have a mutual agreement about beards? 

Watchtower takes the matter of global trends

Well, well. This is Funny and/or Alarming.

Do you believe that everyone in Jesus's time, including the apostles, had beards? This idea seems irrational.

In the time of Jesus, there were people in both Greenland and Australia. What do they have to do with beards in the Jewish nation? Jesus is role model ... with his beard? Or not?

Since JWs want to be like the first Christians who were mostly Jews, then it is important to remember that the Jews did not follow the world's trends in hairstyles, beards and clothes but stood out as different from their contemporaries. What do JWs want? To be different or the same as people from "nations"?

12 hours ago, Pudgy said:

nuanced theme throughout is that the entire Brotherhood has the collective memory of a goldfish.

😂 It's not that of course. Everyone will notice the switch and also the other new member on the far right.  It's that they can't be bothered to take a new photo is funny. I suppose it's easier and quicker to just do it this way....

12 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Perhaps George88, you could explain the following photo which has been used in previous publications, where non-person Anthony (tight pants Tony) Morrison is shown at the GB table (really great photo, by the way…. lighting, composition, posing etc. ….) which is in the February 2024 Watchtower but a NEW Governing Body Member has been photoshopped in where the nuanced theme throughout is that the entire Brotherhood has the collective memory of a goldfish.

Not that I would challenge you on this, but it would be better if you would point to the previous publication. Yes I see the 2024 one with the two new brothers. Where is the previous one you claim was photoshopped over? Unless you can point to it, you can easily be portrayed as the dupe with the mind of a goldfish.

I found the reference … in the April 29-May 5, 2017 Watchtower on the JW. org website, but Tony Morris’ existence was already being erased, as the photoshop changes had already been done on the WT digital records.

It also shows the new GB members, totaling 9, which are two new current  2023 additions.

If anyone has a paper copy of that Watchtower of 6 years ago (I don’t), please photograph and post it here.

You know … the book “1984” was supposed to be a warning … not a policy manual.

Assuming a six-month lead time on Watchtowers, the original photo was taken in December, 2016. (just a guess).

I have known for years WHY the Society stopped producing Watchtower Bound Volumes, really, and seeing TPT actively getting erased from history, again confirms it.

199D2FA4-069C-4880-9792-E1219B341F24.png

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

I found the reference … in the April 29-May 5, 2017 Watchtower on the JW.org website,

You’re daft! It’s not the same picture at all! (assuming you mean the article, ‘Who is Leading God’s People Today,’ in the February 2017 Watchtower, which would have been studied around the dates you say.) The seven members photographed then are with entirely difference facial positions. The seating order is the same, that’s all.

If you do not mean that article, the you are going to have to be more specific as to what you do mean. The dates you mention, 4/29-5/5, do not correspond to anything on the Meeting Workbooks.

Until you are more specific, I’m going to assume you have hung out with liars too long and have uncritically lapped up what they fed you, surprising for one who, though ever hair-trigger ready to lambaste the GB, makes a big fuss over precision

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

If anyone has a paper copy of that Watchtower of 6 years ago (I don’t), please photograph and post it here.

Yeah, that would settle it, but I still think you’re nuts. Even were AM photoshopped out, that is your conspiratorially-minded evidence that it is hoped Witnesses will forget he ever existed? No more so than Bro Cook appearing in the 2024 picture but not the 2017 might be taken for trying to make us think that he always existed.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.