The World News Media

Draft Copy of December 2016 Watchtower, on Beards.

James Thomas Rook Jr.

This continuous, never-ending global controversy has been going on since the 1960's, that I am aware of personally, and even before, when Judge Rutherford PERSONALLY forbade beards among Jehovah's witnesses, with the possible exception of post-menopausel Sisters .... and the Society has never definitively stated ANYTHING. 

With my usual lack of humor I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower which showed a Brother shaving on the cover ... it was changed before being distributed, because the Brothers responsible for the VERY GOOD and accurate article ... disappeared mysteriously.

After you save the file to your hard drive, from the TOOL BAR, be sure to set your ADOBE PDF reader under VIEW to "Reading Mode" and under ZOOM,  "Fit Page" to read it.

Dec 2016 Watchtower draft article .pdf

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well of course you are right. If it's something JTR has posted then you can be sure that at least half of the time it's something he got (directly or indirectly) from apostate Web sites. He really sho

or even a "daft" copy?  

. This continuous, never-ending global controversy has been going on since the 1960's, that I am aware of personally, and even before, when Judge Rutherford PERSONALLY forbade beards among Jehova

On 23/2/2017 at 8:00 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower

And how we know this is truly a "draft" copy and not something made up by you or someone else?

It seems fake to me. More like some poor attempt to troll jws...

5 hours ago, ThePraeceptor said:

It seems fake to me. More like some poor attempt to troll jws...

Well of course you are right. If it's something JTR has posted then you can be sure that at least half of the time it's something he got (directly or indirectly) from apostate Web sites. He really should stop that habit, he's not helping himself at all, just helping to feed his already negative experiences and cynical viewpoint...like pouring salt on a wound. And although it's meant in jest many times, and sometimes it IS actually funny, sadly, one day it could bring him down to the point of no return. 

• 8 months later...

Did Jesus, when on earth, wear a beard? Certainly it was a custom strictly held by the Jews. Jesus, born a Jew, “came to be under law” and he fulfilled the Law. (Ga 4:4; Mt 5:17) Like all other Jews, Jesus was dedicated to Jehovah God from his birth, by reason of the Law covenant, and was under obligation to keep the whole Law, including the prohibition on shaving the extremity of the beard. Also, at the time that Jesus was on earth, the Roman custom was beardlessness. Therefore, if Jesus had been beardless, he would have been challenged as being either a eunuch or a Roman. Significantly, a prophecy concerning Jesus’ suffering states: “My back I gave to the strikers, and my cheeks to those plucking off the hair.”—Isa 50:6.  - Insight, Volume 1 p. 266-267

In old Israel "spiritual paradise" of 1 century male congregants wear beard. That was fine way to show they belonged to true religion in opposition to Romans who surrounded them, physically and spiritually .

Today JW members living also in own spiritual paradise. And they are surrounded too, physically and spiritually, by "Romans and Egyptians and others". But it is little confusing, because one part of those "worldly people" wears beards and one part not. So it is really difficult for GB to make up their mind and chose what is the best solution for male JW members. How to make right distinction between JW who wear beard and non-JW who wear beard too?? How to make right distinction between JW who are beardless and non-JW who are also beardless?? :))))))

P.S. Perhaps by allways be in the suit and tie everywhere. Beach, swimming pool, mowing in the garden ...                                           

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

So it is really difficult for GB to make up their mind and chose what is the best solution for male JW members

Why oh why do jws allow these men to dictate their lives like this? Can't they make up their own minds on things? Or would that allow too much freedom?  

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.