The World News Media

42 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

People today has understanding how exist possibility that people on Earth are not only civilization in Universe. By that, many people believe of other advanced civilizations out there. What if people RECOGNIZED global destruction not in this religious answer with Jesus Kingdom, but about how Aliens coming to conquer the Earth or as some Cosmic Event? 

I think this scripture gives insight on that.

(Acts 17:26-28) 26 And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of where men would dwell, 27 so that they would seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. 2. . .

We don't have to worry about all the things men dream up.  We have God's Word the Bible which gives us answers and insight.     ---------- 2 Peter 1:20; 2 Timothy 3:16,17; Hebrews 4:12; Matthew 4:4.

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty quotations etc above dealing with this, but nothing really specific. My understanding is that whilst there are true anointed Christians with a heavenly hope still on earth, in the flesh, t

Here is another question. If Christ has ALREADY come to Earth as an invisible presence, and is ruling as King NOW ......  starting in 1914 ...... why are we still celebrating the Memorial?

Interesting point, one in which I have also questioned concerning the jws. This semantics of word play of parousia vs coming is only used when the shoe fits whenever I have spoken to a jw. If we look

8 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Seeing him is not literal nor possible (1 Timothy 6:16)

Melinda, I don't believe this is speaking about Jesus, but is addressing God who lives in unapproachable light.  

"I command you, in the sight of God who gives life to all things and Christ Jesus who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,  that you observe the commandment without fault, irreproachable until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,  which he will make known in his own time, the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of those who reign as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords,  the one who alone possesses immortality, who lives in unapproachable light, whom no human being has seen nor is able to see, to whom be honor and eternal power. Amen."

The passage is speaking about God who gives life and who will make known the time when Jesus returns.  Jesus could not be the only Sovereign when we know God is Sovereign.  

"And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them..."  Acts 4:24

Deut 10:17; Ps 136:2,3; Ps 47:7

To Moses,  - 

"But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”  Exod 33:20

But Jesus will be seen when he returns -

"And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”  Acts 1:11

How do you account for Ananias seeing Jesus in a vision and speaking to him?  

God is King of kings and Lord of Lords; Christ has received that title also.   Rev 17:14

2 hours ago, Witness said:

This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.

Disciples were looked at him in stages from visible to invisible moment, so if this verse speaking of the same way, and if we can use this sort of logic, His RETURNING (COME AGAIN) would mean how His coming will be FROM INVISIBLE to VISIBLE.

Now, people who love CONTEXT, have chance to explain this verse with some Context from other part of Bible. :))  

On 4/8/2019 at 6:59 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If Christ has ALREADY come to Earth as an invisible presence, and is ruling as King NOW ......  starting in 1914 ...... why are we still celebrating the Memorial?

Plenty quotations etc above dealing with this, but nothing really specific.

My understanding is that whilst there are true anointed Christians with a heavenly hope still on earth, in the flesh, they will celebrate the Lords evening meal, regardless of the stream of time or the relative position of Jesus Christ in the heavens. The only time this specific celebration will end is when there are no more anointed Christians left here on earth to celebrate it.

The scriptural basis for this is at :  Matt.24:31;  2Thess.4:14-17;  1Cor.11:26.

Although Jesus is ruling from the heavens as Jehovah's Messianic king, there are several executive actions he will be taking in the near future, one of which includes the transference of the full number of his 144,000 companions to where he is, in the heavens, to share with him in his heavenly rule. Once that is accomplished, the last Memorial (as we know it) will have been celebrated. As that transference has yet to take place, the Memorial is still being celebrated..

*** w08 9/15 p. 31 Highlights From the Letters to the Thessalonians and to Timothy ***

1 Tim 6:15, 16—Do these words apply to Jehovah God or to Jesus Christ? These words apply to the one whose manifestation they describe, namely, Jesus Christ. (1 Tim. 6:14) In comparison with humans who rule as kings and as lords, Jesus is the “only Potentate,” and he alone has immortality. (Dan. 7:14; Rom. 6:9) Since his ascension to the invisible heavens, no man on earth “can see” him with literal eyes.

To Shiwiii and Witness, we had all these discussions already. Everyone is free to believe what he wants.

Those of you who don't like to read and study,  and are only asking questions, please note.

*** w09 5/15 p. 9 Press On to Maturity—“The Great Day of Jehovah Is Near” ***
Press On to Maturity—“The Great Day of Jehovah Is Near”
“Let us press on to maturity.”—HEB. 6:1.
WHEN Jesus was on earth, his disciples approached him and asked: “What will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” The initial fulfillment of the prophecy that Jesus gave them in answer to their question took place in the first century. Jesus spoke of an unusual development that would signal that the end was imminent. Upon observing that development, “those in Judea [were to] begin fleeing to the mountains.” (Matt. 24:1-3, 15-22) Would Jesus’ disciples recognize the sign and act on his instructions?
2 Nearly three decades later, in 61 C.E., the apostle Paul penned a strong, sobering message to Hebrew Christians living in Jerusalem and its surroundings. Unknown to both Paul and his fellow believers, the signal marking the opening stage of a “great tribulation” was only about five years away. (Matt. 24:21) In 66 C.E., Cestius Gallus led Roman troops in a nearly successful attack on Jerusalem. But then he suddenly withdrew, leaving open a window of opportunity for endangered ones to escape to safety.
3 Those Christians needed keen discernment and spiritual perception to recognize the turn of events and flee. However, some had become “dull in [their] hearing.” They were like spiritual babes needing “milk.” (Read Hebrews 5:11-13.) Even some of those who had walked in the way of the truth for decades were showing signs of “drawing away from the living God.” (Heb. 3:12) Some had “the custom” of missing Christian meetings at a time when this calamitous “day [was] drawing near.” (Heb. 10:24, 25) Paul gave them timely exhortation, saying: “Now that we have left the primary doctrine about the Christ, let us press on to maturity.”—Heb. 6:1.
4 We are living during the time of the final fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy. “The great day of Jehovah”—the day that will bring the end of Satan’s entire system—“is near.” (Zeph. 1:14) As never before, we must remain spiritually keen and alert. (1 Pet. 5:8) Are we really doing that? Christian maturity will help us to stay focused on where we are in the stream of time.               End Quote

Babes cannot tolerate solid food, they need milk. We need to study and digest spiritual food, not ask others to digest it for us.

6 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

To Shiwiii and Witness, we had all these discussions already. Everyone is free to believe what he wants.

I remember now.  And I spoke of Jesus as the first to be a “new creation”, both human and spirit, as we saw his ability to appear as a human after his resurrection.  John 21:14; 1 Cor 15:44 He was born of both flesh, and of spirit.  1 Pet 3:18; John 3:6; Col 2:9

Something occurred to me which facilitates the need for me to correct what I said, or give more explanation.  Jesus sits at the right hand of God, so how could he not reside in unapproachable light?

Hebrews 1:3 highlights this:

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

However, by becoming a new creation, it allows him to be seen on the earth at his return, along with his Bride.    Acts 1:11; Rev 21:2; 22:17  

Additional scripture:

But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

And of the angels He says:

Who makes His angels spirits 
And His ministers a flame of fire.”  Hebrews 1:6,7

God's angel/messengers who become spirit, are the Bride.  2 Cor 5:17; 1 Cor 15:44; 3:16

On 4/8/2019 at 8:11 AM, Shiwiii said:

Here Jesus is saying that if someone tells you "oh, He's is in the inner rooms, or somewhere else that you cannot see right now", it is a lie and for us not to believe it. This is because He told us that there WILL be false prophets who say such things. 

Who do we know that makes decisions in "inner rooms" as if they are the Head over all JWs? If I say it, I might get busted.  

Matt 24:24 - For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect ("chosen" 1 Pet 2:9).

On 4/8/2019 at 12:07 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

... some bible scholars explanations about word clouds says how clouds means invisibility, but that must not be true with this verse. It can be just about Jesus who coming from Heavenly Space, or about his as King, with Divine Origin, who coming to change things on Earth, Earth is under Clouds and Heaven.

I like how you put this.  Yes, it is about a big change.

Clouds, angels and heaven: 

Matt 24:30 - “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earthwill mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.”

Heb 12:1 – “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us”

God’s “great cloud of witnesses” are those whom He has chosen, his sealed priesthood.  Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10

Rev 1:7 - “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
    and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
    and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

Jude 1:14 – “It was about these that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied: "Look! The Lord comes with tens of thousands of his holy ones

2 Thess 2:7,10 –  and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angelswhen He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.”

Eph 2:6 - and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus

Heb 12:22,23 – “But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly23 to the assembly of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven.”  (Rom 8:29)

Rev 3:12 – “The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple (1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Cor 6:16)  of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.”

Angels of heaven, the clouds of heaven, all refer to the “144,000”, the Bride of Christ.

Jesus returns with his Bride of "living stones" sealed in the Temple, and "admired among all those who believe".   (Zech 4:7-10)

“The New Jerusalem” – “I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.”

2 Cor 11:2 – “I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husbandto Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.  But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to ChristFor if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.”

This “virginity” is related to spiritual cleanliness. 

Rev 14:4 – “These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.”

“Women” represent covenants. (Gal 4:26)  Entering a spiritual relationship with those who preach “another Jesus” results in spiritual adultery. 

@James Thomas Rook Jr. Probably perhaps the Second Coming of Christ to rid the world of all that is bad has not started yet? Satan, his demons and all that pertains to him still exist. You still have people suffering and dying on the earth and so forth whereas the Bible tells you that God, by means of sending his chosen one, Christ Jesus, will rid the world of such things. It will come to a point whereas you seek all around you and no trace of badness will be on the face of the earth.

That being said, the concept here of which you process is Jesus' Kingship itself. As some would say, Jesus is just getting ready to come in the name of his father, therefore God's people, who are God fearing and students of the teacher, are waiting for that time to come. Reasons why you have people verily, verily vigilant and enduring in the End Time Tribulations.