The World News Media

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty quotations etc above dealing with this, but nothing really specific. My understanding is that whilst there are true anointed Christians with a heavenly hope still on earth, in the flesh, t

Here is another question. If Christ has ALREADY come to Earth as an invisible presence, and is ruling as King NOW ......  starting in 1914 ...... why are we still celebrating the Memorial?

Interesting point, one in which I have also questioned concerning the jws. This semantics of word play of parousia vs coming is only used when the shoe fits whenever I have spoken to a jw. If we look

That is his parousia but the Memorial will cease at his coming. (er·khoʹme·non).

-*** w19 January p. 25 par. 18 What a Simple Meal Teaches Us About a Heavenly King ***
18 The requirement to observe the Memorial of Christ’s death will not last much longer. When Jesus “comes” during the great tribulation, he will gather his remaining “chosen ones” to heaven, and the Memorial will cease to be commemorated.—1 Cor. 11:26; Matt. 24:31.

*** w94 2/15 p. 20 par. 21 “Tell Us, When Will These Things Be?” ***
21 At this point all three Gospel writers use toʹte (then) to introduce the next development. “Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven.” (Matthew 24:30; Mark 13:26; Luke 21:27) Since World War I, Jesus’ true disciples have discerned the composite sign of his invisible presence, while most people have not recognized it. But Matthew 24:30 points forward to a further “sign” appearing in the future, that of “the Son of man,” and all nations will be compelled to take note. When Jesus comes with clouds of invisibility, opposing humans worldwide will have to recognize that “coming” (Greek, er·khoʹme·non) because of a supernatural demonstration of his kingly power.—Revelation 1:7.

@James Thomas Rook Jr.

Say that's not serious!
Jehovah gave his dearest that he had to save humanity from eternal death,
his ONLY begotten Son, Jesus Christ.
This horrible but obedient death,
He suffered for the whole humankind.
That's, why we commemorate JW EVERY year,
in our MEMORIAL ceremony on the 14th of Nisan -

This year at April, Friday 19th  2019

( or did I understand  you wrong ?)  tell  me  please...

THANK YOU  dear Heavenly Father

❤ .•*¨`*•..¸♥☼♥¸.•*¨`*•. ❤

Interesting point, one in which I have also questioned concerning the jws. This semantics of word play of parousia vs coming is only used when the shoe fits whenever I have spoken to a jw. If we look at the context of Jesus' words in Matthew, we see His proclamation against the thought of invisible observance . 

Matthew 24:23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Here Jesus is saying that if someone tells you "oh, He's is in the inner rooms, or somewhere else that you cannot see right now", it is a lie and for us not to believe it. This is because He told us that there WILL be false prophets who say such things. 

Not to mention the whole 1914 as His parousia and being enthroned king. After Jesus resurrection He made this statement" 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 

If at this time when He was with the disciples after His resurrection He had all authority, what then is there for Him to acquire in 1914? Isn't "All authority" already the qualities of a king? What more authority is there to gain if He has it all? 

4 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

“Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven.”

30At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn.They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31

4 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Since World War I, Jesus’ true disciples have discerned the composite sign of his invisible presence, while most people have not recognized it.

Well, we have here two different claims:

1) Jesus told that all tribes of the earth WILL SEE the Son - source is Bible

2) Only Jesus' true disciples have discerned composite sign of his invisible presence - source is Wt magazine w94 2/15 p. 20 par. 21

3) Bible say - all people will SEE

4) Wt magazine say - only few have DISCERNED

So, who making (people to feel stupid) fun of people here?

His coming means destruction of disobedient ones (small and great) , scoffers, worldly political entities (wild beast and false prophet), all wicked ones - small and great (Rev 19:18). The remaining holy ones (anointed for heavenly life) will be taken to heaven to join him in his ride to take vengeance on those who disobeyed him and his Father. (Rev 2:26-28)  They will be in heaven before Armageddon starts so they can join him.

(Rev 1:7) 7 Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. 

They will be forced to recognize him, as the destruction will be coming from a heavenly source.  Read again and discern.  Those who pierced him are long dead. It is not literal seeing.  They will be forced to recognized that the supernatural things that will happen are as a result of Jesus' coming for retribution to all those who disobeyed him, and at the same time give a reward to the faithful ones. (Rev 11:18) He will take his chosen anointed ones with him to heaven sometime before that as they will ride the cause of righteousness with him. (Ps 45:4)

(2 Thessalonians 1:6-8) This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.

(Revelation 11:18) But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward your slaves the prophets and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

The remaining ones of the little flock will be taken to heaven to JOIN in carrying out judicial punishment on disobedient ones (great and small). See the following scriptures: 

(Revelation 2:26-28) And to the one who conquers and observes my deeds down to the end, I will give authority over the nations, 27 and he will shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, just as I have received from my Father. 28 And I will give him the morning star.

(Revelation 17:14) These will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.”

(Revelation 19:14) Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen.

(Psalm 45:4) And in your splendor go on to victory; Ride in the cause of truth and humility and righteousness, And your right hand will accomplish awe-inspiring things.

(Matthew 25:41) “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.

Satan will be abyssed (Rev 20:3) (that includes his angels who were hurled down to the earth with him [third of stars in his tail (Rev 12:4,9})

After abyssing Satan and his angels for the thousand years, Christ and the 144,000 will crush him and his angels (demons) FOREVER.

(Romans 16:20) For his part, the God who gives peace will crush Satan under YOUR feet shortly. May the undeserved kindness of our Lord Jesus be with you.     (He was speaking to Roman Christians who are part of the 144000 anointed ones destined for heavenly life)

(Rev 20:10)  10 And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were;...

(Matthew 25:41) “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and HIS ANGELS.

12 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If Christ has ALREADY come to Earth as an invisible presence, and is ruling as King NOW ......  starting in 1914 ...... why are we still celebrating the Memorial?

Melinda:  

You provided SO MUCH information, I faded out.

Can you please tell me what from your posting SPECIFICALLY answered my SPECIFIC question?

Thanks!

(  at 72 years old, I have lost all patience for many words ....)

33 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

(Rev 1:7) 7 Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. 

... some bible scholars explanations about word clouds says how clouds means invisibility, but that must not be true with this verse. It can be just about Jesus who coming from Heavenly Space, or about his as King, with Divine Origin, who coming to change things on Earth, Earth is under Clouds and Heaven.

42 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

They will be forced to recognize him, as the destruction will be coming from a heavenly source.  Read again and discern.  Those who pierced him are long dead. It is not literal seeing.  They will be forced to recognized that the supernatural things that will happen are as a result of Jesus' coming for retribution to all those who disobeyed him, and at the same time give a reward to the faithful ones.

They will be forced to recognize him? This idea is strange. People today has understanding how exist possibility that people on Earth are not only civilization in Universe. By that, many people believe of other advanced civilizations out there. What if people RECOGNIZED global destruction not in this religious answer with Jesus Kingdom, but about how Aliens coming to conquer the Earth or as some Cosmic Event? 

What interest would God has to Force you TO SEE how your violent end in death is caused by HIM? If this have to mean something, it would be about those who will survive such attack. For survivors that big event can be reminder how they must obey God for not to be destroyed. BUT THAN we have next problem; Does God have interest to holds you in Fear of Recognition about some future destruction that may come on you as were on those who you previously watched how they died in Armageddon?    

1 hour ago, Melinda Mills said:

They will be forced to recognize him, as the destruction will be coming from a heavenly source.  Read again and discern.  Those who pierced him are long dead. It is not literal seeing.

couldn't this situation be applied by Hebrews 6?

:For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

13 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Here is another question.

If Christ has ALREADY come to Earth as an invisible presence, and is ruling as King NOW ......  starting in 1914 ...... why are we still celebrating the Memorial?

Hi James.

If Jesus has already come, than Celebrating should be stopped:   For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

If He has already come, according to WTJWORG this celebrating loses meaning ... IF 1 Cor 11:26 are Inspired and Prophetic words. 

But because WTJWORG introducing few sort of such COMES, JW people can not be sure about Jesus factual position in spiritual and physical influence on Earth and on Church. 

Well, because JW Church still celebrating and proclaiming His death (but in the same time celebrating Him as Living King) it seems how one part of JW theology is not sure did Jesus came in 1914.

I think I answered more of what Srecko Sostar asked and included some additional points.

For you I would say that Jesus is ruling in the midst of his enemies, but since he is dwelling in unapproachable light not one of men has seen or can see him since he returned to glory. (1 Timothy 6:16) However his coming is going to be different. He is going to use supernatural power that would force ignorers to recognize him, as the destruction and display of power could only come from a heavenly source.   "Every eye will then see him"  Discernment used. Those who pierced him are long dead.  Seeing him is not literal nor possible (1 Timothy 6:16). 

From his enthronement until now he has kept working, like his Father (John 5:17).  See the following article for the things he has been doing.  As far as I am told, you also have a share in that work.  When that work is done to God's satisfaction, God will tell Jesus to put the wheat into his storehouse, and the weeds would be got rid off. Jesus will "come" to do that.   That is when the "wheat" will be taken up with him and the Memorial observation will cease.  They will drink (wine) new with him in the heavenly Kingdom. 

"(Matthew 26:29) 29 But I say to you: I will by no means drink again any of this product of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in the Kingdom of my Father.” 

When a storm is predicted we hear a lot about it; what it did here and there, but when it actually approaches our area, we say "That is really Hurricane So and So out there now; especially when we hear the wind howling and trying to rip out the windows and rip off the roof of our hiding place.  There is no longer time for talk.   I will stop talking now.

We cannot precis every thing, as there is width, length and height and depth.    We have to read and study. Sometimes a lot of words is necessary. 

(Ephesians 3:17-19) . . .May you be rooted and established on the foundation, 18 in order that with all the holy ones you may be thoroughly able to comprehend fully what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of the Christ, which surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness that God gives.

As you have the same tools for research as I have,  refer you to this article and implore you to do some more research.

*** tp chap. 6 pp. 55-68 What Has God Been Doing? ***
Chapter 6
What Has God Been Doing?

4 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

For you I would say that Jesus is ruling in the midst of his enemies, but since he is dwelling in unapproachable light not one of men has seen or can see him since he returned to glory. (1 Timothy 6:16) However his coming is going to be different. He is going to use supernatural power that would force ignorers to recognize him, as the destruction and display of power could only come from a heavenly source.   "Every eye will then see him"  Discernment used. Those you pierced him are long dead.  Seeing him is not literal nor possible (1 Timothy 6:16). 

you are adding things to His coming. When He comes, it is not in an invisible cloud, it is seen. This part of Him being in unaproachable light, sure if He stays there, but He will not, He will come and be visible just as he said.