The World News Media

in what ways is the JW Org moving forward SPIRITUALLY

Patiently waiting for Truth

So lets try to be a bit positive.  A question.  How is the GB and the JW Org moving forward SPIRITUALLY ?

What progress has it made in the last fifty years ?   I'm not talking about physical things, not buildings, not books, not meeting times........ 

I'm talking about purely spiritual matters.  Spiritual guidance, true spiritual love from the top of the Org down, mercy, understanding of people, serving the congregants as a way of serving God Himself (as Jesus did), showing patience without having weakness, making true adjustments according to true scripture not according to man's guesses. 

You may of course comment as to what you feel would make for good spiritual progress within the JW Org too. 

• Views 2.5k
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To the extent it is true, Luke 5:31 is what would explain it: “In reply Jesus said to them: “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but those who are ill do.” Do you think he is spea

The gb have admitted they have no spiritual guidance, so the jw's are not moving spiritually forward. However satans spirit's are giving them momentum.

So lets try to be a bit positive.  A question.  How is the GB and the JW Org moving forward SPIRITUALLY ? What progress has it made in the last fifty years ?   I'm not talking about physical thin

Jehovah's Witnesses are a "happy people" in the midst of a hostile world.That happiness comes from the spiritual food and the way it is delivered to them. They are the only ones sharing their hope in God's Kingdom with all who will listen around the world. God has fed them well through Christ and the GB just he said they would eat while others go hungry, they would drink while others thirst.

The individual witnesses have trust in the GB in Christ' hand. They have faith that just as Jehovah has spoken it will be.The world may hate us and assault our faith, but we see their hate and accusations as Satan's works of desperation.

Today we wonder what the 3 demonic expressions of Rev.16:14 will prove to be. What signs will convince world leaders to turn on the religions of the world and destroy them.

We are at the doorstep of discovery, the events are unstoppable. The opposers will cry out because of the realization that they were in reality fighters against God and all that is good in His eyes!

14 hours ago, the Sower of Seed said:

Today we wonder what the 3 demonic expressions of Rev.16:14 will prove to be.

Rev 16:13,14 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”  16 And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew ,Armageddon.

I hope you are able to break down these scriptures to understand their identities.

“kings of the earth” -   

Jesus tells us who they are and who must be alert to his coming:

Rev 1:4-6 - John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:

Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

The “kings of the earth” are the anointed priests/kings.  All the “kings”, rulers and authorities in the world do not belong to Christ, those who are part of his Body.  1 Cor chapter 12

And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,

And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And  we shall reign on the
earth.”  Rev 5:9,10

1 Pet 2:5,9 – “Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”

In Revelation 16, Christ’s “kings of the earth” are “gathered” with those from the “whole world”, which is certainly true in the organization.   

The “demonic expressions” that come from the dragon (Satan),  the beast (Rev 13:1) and the false prophet (Rev 13:11) “go out to”the anointed “kings of the earth” and those with them from the world. 

The beast overcomes the anointed “kings” with blasphemies, making “war” against them, by using “demonic expressions”.

Rev 13:6,7 - Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. 

The false prophet is another beast…“from the earth’ (Rev 13:11)  meaning it/they are also kings of the earth, who once belonged to Christ.   (1 Tim 4:1) And, false prophets are spiritual "harlots". (Rev 17:1,2)  Just as Satan is depicted as a dragon beast; so too are any who adopt him as their “father” – the father of the lie.  (Matt 12:34; 24:24) 

This false prophet has two (meaning “truth”, John 8:17) horns (horns represent kings) like a lamb, (John 1:29) signifying that it is none other than a false messiah/false christ, who purports to speak truth (Dan 11:27; Matt 24:24)  

WT refers to the Beast of Rev 13:1 as an organization, which is very true.  The false prophet directs the beast/organization to slander the “kings of the earth”. Rev 13:11,12  It also “gives breath” to this “organization”/beast, creating a “spirit-directed” image.  Rev 13:15

Do we have evidence that the anointed “kings of the earth” have been overcome/conquered with slander in the Watchtower organization?

“ Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not. Why? Because, through his holy spirit, Jehovah has appointed the older men to their positions. 

Rather than challenge their authority, we truly appreciate our hardworking elders! W02 8/1 p.14

Do you notice that no scriptural backing was given for this decision?  Only that the decision must not be challenged?  Can you think of a time when God was ever okay with “foreigners/”Gentiles”, anyone other than His chosen priesthood to serve as priests?  (the anointed are spiritual “Israel”  Rom 2:28,29; Gal 3:29)

The article where the WT quote is from, is one prime example. (Num chapter 16).  Korah challenged God’s appointed priesthood and was killed.  I am not surprised at the boldness the WT showed in linking two challenges against God’s appointed priesthood, past and present, in one article.  It shows the GB’s ability to push their agenda, despite scriptural truth.  It shows that JWs prefer to listen to men and not the word of God.

2 Chron 13:9 - "Have you not driven out the priests of the LORD, the sons of Aaron and the Levites, and made for yourselves priests like the peoples of [other] lands? Whoever comes to consecrate himself with a young bull and seven rams, even he may become a priest of [what are] no gods.”

Ezek 44:6-9 - “Now say to the rebellious, to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “O house of Israel, let Us have no more of all your abominations. When you brought in foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in My sanctuary to defile it—My house—and when you offered My food, the fat and the blood, then they broke My covenant because of all your abominations. And you have not kept charge of My holy things, but you have set others to keep charge of My sanctuary for you.” Thus says the Lord God: “No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart or uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter My sanctuary, including any foreigner who is among the children of Israel.

The beast of Rev 16:13 “blasphemes” God’s sanctuary.  The anointed priesthood ARE that sanctuary/Temple of God.

1 Cor 3:16,17  “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?  If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”

Eph 2:19-22 - "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,  in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,  in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."

Since the anointed are “living stones” of God’s Temple, (1 Pet 2:5,9)  and “Gentiles” have usurped their position as God’s priests, the elders are the “man of lawlessness” treading down God’s Temple - standing where they "do not belong".   Mark 13:14; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2 

Rev 13:18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

14 hours ago, the Sower of Seed said:

What signs will convince world leaders to turn on the religions of the world and destroy them.

Satan will produce plenty of visible signs to distract JWs and Christ’s “kings of the earth" from the true “battle” at hand.  It is exactly what to expect from the Deceiver, and arch-enemy of Christ.  Gen 3:15

“Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”  And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.  Rev 16:15,16

Who Are the Kings of the Earth? Pearl Doxsey

On 11/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Happiness is overrated.

Nazi combat soldiers were a happy lot ..... when they were winning.

Jehovah's Witnesses experience the highest form of happiness, it differs from the satisfaction the German soldiers felt as they did the will of their racist power hungry leader. Jehovah's Witnesses have a spiritual happiness that cannot be duplicated by Satan or his 1000's of religions.They have a personal relationship with the Highest personage in the universe. Jehovah blesses them with the fruitage of His Holy Spirit as seen at Galations 5:22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Like Jesus, the witnesses have a satisfaction from doing God's will, which increases their happiness, he in turn directs them, they hear a word behind them as stated at Isaiah 30:19 When the people dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem, you will by no means weep. He will surely show you favor at the sound of your cry for help; he will answer you as soon as he hears it.20 Though Jehovah will give you bread in the form of distress and water in the form of oppression, your Grand Instructor will no longer hide himself, and you will see your Grand Instructor with your own eyes.21 And your own ears will hear a word behind you saying, “This is the way. Walk in it,” in case you should go to the right or in case you should go to the left.

Their happiness was promised at Matthew 5:3   “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them." There knowledge of spiritual truths bring them closer to Jehovah Himself, He listens to their prayers, that He finds pleasing because of their spiritual understanding, whereas the world and their many false beliefs are distasteful to God, He ignores their prayers because they have not sought out spiritual truths, but they repeat the same apostate beliefs that billions of others have mouthed for centuries.

“Let not the wise man brag about himself because of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man brag about himself because of his mightiness. Let not the rich man brag about himself because of his riches. But let the one bragging about himself brag about himself because of this very thing, the having of insight and the having of knowledge of me, that I am Jehovah, the One exercising loving-kindness, justice and righteousness in the earth; for in these things I do take delight. Jeremiah 9:23,24

Jehovah's Witnesses have a deep desire for others to experience spiritual satisfaction and happiness, this drives them from house to house to share the truth that leads to everlasting life and the greatest happiness humans can experience as foretold many times in the Bible "“There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” Acts 20:35. “Jehovah himself will guard him and preserve him alive. He will be pronounced happy in the earth.Psalm 41:1,2.

For 6000 years,some 25 billion people have tried to find happiness through many fleshly pursuits, the only lasting happiness can come when a person seeks to understand Jehovah's principles and His desire for mankind, then applies that knowledge to his thoughts and acts. Soon He will remove everything that leads to sadness. He will sustain happiness for all eternity for all those who are loyally enjoying a personal relationship with Him. Revelation 21:3-5 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.

Along with His equality, justice and righteousness, Jehovah's Happiness is what brings satisfaction to Jesus, the Apostles and all of His Witnesses today!

17 hours ago, the Sower of Seed said:

Jehovah's Witnesses experience the highest form of happiness, it differs from the satisfaction the German soldiers felt as they did the will of their racist power hungry leader. Jehovah's Witnesses have a spiritual happiness that cannot be duplicated by Satan or his 1000's of religions.They have a personal relationship with the Highest personage in the universe. Jehovah blesses them with the fruitage of His Holy Spirit as seen at Galations 5:22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Like Jesus, the witnesses have a satisfaction from doing God's will, which increases their happiness, he in turn directs them, they hear a word behind them as stated at Isaiah 30:19 When the people dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem, you will by no means weep. He will surely show you favor at the sound of your cry for help; he will answer you as soon as he hears it.20 Though Jehovah will give you bread in the form of distress and water in the form of oppression, your Grand Instructor will no longer hide himself, and you will see your Grand Instructor with your own eyes.21 And your own ears will hear a word behind you saying, “This is the way. Walk in it,” in case you should go to the right or in case you should go to the left.

Their happiness was promised at Matthew 5:3   “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them." There knowledge of spiritual truths bring them closer to Jehovah Himself, He listens to their prayers, that He finds pleasing because of their spiritual understanding, whereas the world and their many false beliefs are distasteful to God, He ignores their prayers because they have not sought out spiritual truths, but they repeat the same apostate beliefs that billions of others have mouthed for centuries.

“Let not the wise man brag about himself because of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man brag about himself because of his mightiness. Let not the rich man brag about himself because of his riches. But let the one bragging about himself brag about himself because of this very thing, the having of insight and the having of knowledge of me, that I am Jehovah, the One exercising loving-kindness, justice and righteousness in the earth; for in these things I do take delight. Jeremiah 9:23,24

Jehovah's Witnesses have a deep desire for others to experience spiritual satisfaction and happiness, this drives them from house to house to share the truth that leads to everlasting life and the greatest happiness humans can experience as foretold many times in the Bible "“There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” Acts 20:35. “Jehovah himself will guard him and preserve him alive. He will be pronounced happy in the earth.Psalm 41:1,2.

For 6000 years,some 25 billion people have tried to find happiness through many fleshly pursuits, the only lasting happiness can come when a person seeks to understand Jehovah's principles and His desire for mankind, then applies that knowledge to his thoughts and acts. Soon He will remove everything that leads to sadness. He will sustain happiness for all eternity for all those who are loyally enjoying a personal relationship with Him. Revelation 21:3-5 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.

Along with His equality, justice and righteousness, Jehovah's Happiness is what brings satisfaction to Jesus, the Apostles and all of His Witnesses today!

That would explain the jehovahs witnesses having the highest rate of mental illness out of all Christian religions.

@the Sower of Seed  If the GB were inspired by God's holy Spirit. If the JW Org was also inspired of God's Holy spirit. Then the things you write would be correct.

IF YOU took some time to read some of the topics on here you would find the TRUTH about your GB and It's Org. 

IF YOU took some time to research information online. such as court cases which can be verified, then you would find out the TRUTH about your GB and it's Org. 

If you looked into the 'turnover' within the JW Org I think you would find one of the biggest turnovers of all religions. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing how many congregants leave the JW Org of their own choice, how many children are disfellowshipped and how many adults are disfellowshipped. And then of those adults disfellowshipped, there is no way of knowing who was unfairly disfellowshipped. 

So your idea of  "Jehovah's Witnesses experience the highest form of happiness," is very untrue.

The JW congregants do the will of the GB and it's management of 'overseers' / Elders. The congregants obey not God, but men.  

I've spent years studying the Bible and historical events.This is the information that is needed to have the Correct view of Jehovah, Jesus, the Other sheep, the Faithful Slave and the Governing Body. There is wisdom in having a body direct the affairs of any organization and the entire Earth. I realize there are imperfections and vile actions of anybody on Earth, that does not mean that Jehovah would not inspire them and they change.

Jehovah has always had an organization, ONE DISTINCT WAY TO WORSHIP HIM!

Jehovah used Abraham's family to teach mankind,The 12 Sons and 12 Tribes acted as a body and were united by the written law. Jesus taught a BODY of 12 to remember and deliver his teachings to fellow disciples.Jesus sent out the Apostles in two's to speak of the Kingdom of God and commanded at Matthew 28:19,20 that this disciple making should continue until the end of this current world order.

I can see that Jehovah's Witnesses are the ONLY organization on Earth doing Matthew 24:14 and Mark 13:10.

Every Other Religion on Earth has some belief that is contrary to Bible Truth, I will support Jehovah, Jesus as His Seed and Christ and Jehovah's Witnesses until death.

What Religion do you have faith in? 

20 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

That would explain the jehovahs witnesses having the highest rate of mental illness out of all Christian religions.

To the extent it is true, Luke 5:31 is what would explain it:

“In reply Jesus said to them: “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but those who are ill do.”

Do you think he is speaking of cancer? Or is mental distress, such as might accompany anguish over the atrocities of this world and the blame assigned to God for it more to the point? To my mind, the ones you should worry about are those who are not greatly troubled by the injustices of life today—those who sail blithely through the horrors and cruelties without a care.

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

If you looked into the 'turnover' within the JW Org I think you would find one of the biggest turnovers of all religions.

It is easily offset by the high participation rate of those who stick. After all, with many faiths, people might not actually leave, but how would you know if they did?

It is also explained by the fact that there is a substantial cost in conduct—to be a minister of Christ is to be self-sacrificing. Why bother leaving a faith that asks little of you?

Seen, it that light, it is something that the “turnover” you speak of isn’t much higher than it is.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:21 AM, 4Jah2me said:

How is the GB and the JW Org moving forward SPIRITUALLY ?...I'm not talking about physical things...I'm talking about purely spiritual matters. 

I would say the numerous schools that exist now that did not 50 years ago fits the bill. For elders, ministerial servants, traveling reps, etc. Intense and reoccurring instruction lasting anywhere from a weekend to a few weeks. 

I have attended some of these schools. Almost all content is on imitating Jesus’ manner of dealing with the flock, dealing with those in the ministry, showing tenderness, not lording it over, leading by example, and so forth. Very little is on what would be called ‘doctrinal.’

I remember in particular one instructor leading around a string on a table with forefinger firmly applied to one end. “See how the rest of the string follows so nicely?” he asked. He then reversed course and tried to “push” the string. “See how it bunches up when I do that?” he said. “It’s really not too smart of me to do it that way, is it?” The lesson, of course, was to lead by example, and not by being “pushy.”

These schools have a cumulative effect of refining those exercising any authority. That they are needed can be inferred from Jesus’ dealings with those to whom he granted the greatest authority. Even on the eve of his death he interceded in an argument they were having as to which one of them was the greatest, the same as you might do with children.

Take that into account when you next carry on about how inspired, unerring, and pure the leaders were back then and by extension ought be today. Grown men are capable of behaving like children—it happened then, it happens today. Refresher course training in which students will focus on scores  of scriptures—and if they prepare as the ought—hundreds of scriptures, go a long way towards training those in authority to lead as Christ did.

And, far from the GB dreaming up a school that they ride above and apply to everyone else, when such a school is formulated, they put themselves through it first. They do not imagine that they cannot benefit from intense review of how Jesus dealt with people.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:21 AM, 4Jah2me said:

So lets try to be a bit positive.  A question.  How is the GB and the JW Org moving forward SPIRITUALLY ?

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

The JW congregants do the will of the GB and it's management of 'overseers' / Elders. The congregants obey not God, but men....So your idea of  "Jehovah's Witnesses experience the highest form of happiness," is very untrue.

I thought you said you were going to be a “bit positive?” This is just the same bile you deliver when you are being your usual negative self.

2 hours ago, the Sower of Seed said:

I've spent years studying the Bible and historical events.This is the information that is needed to have the Correct view of Jehovah, Jesus, the Other sheep, the Faithful Slave and the Governing Body. There is wisdom in having a body direct the affairs of any organization and the entire Earth. I realize there are imperfections and vile actions of anybody on Earth, that does not mean that Jehovah would not inspire them and they change.

Jehovah has always had an organization, ONE DISTINCT WAY TO WORSHIP HIM!

Jehovah used Abraham's family to teach mankind,The 12 Sons and 12 Tribes acted as a body and were united by the written law. Jesus taught a BODY of 12 to remember and deliver his teachings to fellow disciples.Jesus sent out the Apostles in two's to speak of the Kingdom of God and commanded at Matthew 28:19,20 that this disciple making should continue until the end of this current world order.

I can see that Jehovah's Witnesses are the ONLY organization on Earth doing Matthew 24:14 and Mark 13:10.

Every Other Religion on Earth has some belief that is contrary to Bible Truth, I will support Jehovah, Jesus as His Seed and Christ and Jehovah's Witnesses until death.

What Religion do you have faith in? 

"In the last days
the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established
    as the highest of the mountains;
it will be exalted above the hills,
    and all nations will stream to it.
3 Many peoples will come and say,

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
    to the temple of the God of Jacob.
He will teach us his ways,
    so that we may walk in his paths.”
The law will go out from Zion,
    the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."  Isa 2:2,3

The Temple of God is not the organization, is it.  Thus, in the last days, people will not be streaming to the Watchtower.   

1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 5:9,10; 2 Cor 11:2; Rev 21:1-3,9-13

or·gan·i·za·tion
/ˌôrɡənəˈzāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    an organized body of people with a particular purpose, especially a business, society, association, etc.
    "a research organization"

Was NOAH and his family a body of people with a particular purpose?

Was Abraham's family? Jacob's? Moses, Aaron and some 3 million escapee's standing before God? Jesus & the Apostles? 

The Kingdom of God is 144,000 + 1 , an organization of every human resurrected to Heaven to do a particular purpose = rule the Earth

Yes ,The Watchtower represents a body of people with a particular purpose, the doing of God's will, organized, just as all of God's works are See 1 Corinthians 14:33: For God is a God not of disorder but of peace

Peace comes from organization like we see in the solar system, the galaxy, the universe.

God is the foremost organizer in all creation!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.