The World News Media

REMOVAL / DESTRUCTION OF THE GOVERNING BODY

JOHN BUTLER

2 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

How sad that you invoke scripture and cite it without a meaningful argument that TRUTH be told, it is NOT the Elders, GB or the Watchtower for that matter that concludes those that consider themselves Christians and pledge loyalty by baptism will be punished by God as instructed by Christ who left clear instructions in scripture for those that became Christians and reverted to their worldly ways, or those that didn’t experience worldly ways due to being born within the organization but felt they had missed out on something good and exciting as putting to death their spirituality because there are people out in the world that cannot defend the misapplication of said scripture.

Aside from the fact that this paragraph is one long sentence, which I'm having trouble making sense of;  I ask you, who do you believe the "elders" in the first century were?  Those not anointed?  I'm referring to your scriptures in 1 Timothy.  

1 Cor 6:2

• Views 4.4k
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may have missed something BTK46, but I do not see where in this particular thread, as shown above, where John Butler threatened ANYBODY. Please correct me with a quote, as you apparently see so

I see this from text. First, they "Compromise their Neutrality" by Obeying Censor and Not God. :))) Second, why to speak about Worldly things (wars and weapons and politics) IF they want to

I do find it kinda' funny that JW's love to talk about billions of people being removed / destroyed / killed / murdered at Armageddon. Billions of people. And for what ? Well JW's say it's for no

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

That would depend on you and if you understand 1 Peter 5:3. The first century Elder by comparison still had more authority than what secular law allows modern day Elders.

1 Peter was written to the “chosen” (1 Pet 1:1,2) So, the elders of 1 Pet 5 were “chosen” ones – the anointed.  1 Pet 2:5,9

Today’s elders are not members of the Body of Christ. Eph 4:4-8,11-13,15,16 They cannot “shepherd” as Christ expects, since they have usurped the authority of his bodily members. Dan 12:7; Rev 11:2 They are the same body of men who disfellowship Christ’s “brothers” for their testimony to him and truth. John 16:2; Rev 11:3,7; 6:9; 13:1,2,11,15

Therefore, Today's Elders are commanded by God to uphold the cleanliness and spirituality of the congregation.

No.  God does not command a counterfeit priesthood to rule over His appointed priests. Num 18:7;2 Chron 13:9; Ezek 44:6-9; Dan 11:31,32,36; Matt 24:15 No matter how clean the organization appears on the outside, inside it is full of “greed and evil” – abominations blatantly exposed in the sight of God. Ezek 8:5-13; Luke 11:39

In modern times, it remains the same format for modern Elders. In that sense, the Elders are NOT running people’s lives, but they do have a scriptural obligation and moral duty before God to keep the congregation clean. Acts 20:28

Yes, they most certainly are “running people’s lives”.  They are the “man of lawlessness” “sitting in the Temple (anointed priesthood) of God.” (1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)  They judge according to men’s laws and not the laws of Christ.  Jer 23:1

To say that an elder body appointed by men is as well accepted in your “earthly organization” as the anointed “144,000” are, in God’s “heavenly organization”, begs the question; which one do you believe God places His trust?  Those He has approved and refined as “blameless”, or those chosen by men, who have caused suffering, the breakup of families, even death to thousands?  1 Pet 1:7; Rev 14:5

Rev 5:9,10

And they sang a new song:

You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slaughtered,
and you purchased[a] people[b]
for God by your blood
from every tribe and language
and people and nation.

You made them kings
and priests to our God,
and they will reign on the earth.

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

The chosen back then, just like today under the confines of Christianity are chosen by the spirit of God.

Yes, they are, by an anointing.  Titus 3:4-7; 2 Cor 1:21,22

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

The simplest and the most evident on your misunderstanding, who are all in the “body of Christ” that you continue to dwell on as a self-proclaimed anointed. Anointed and anyone, being saved by the spirit is part of that body. You have overplayed this false theory. A new theme is needed!

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 English Standard Version (ESV)

One Body with Many Members

I truly am sorry, but if you check the earlier WT sources, you will find that the Body of Christ consists of the anointed ones, who ARE the many members under Christ, their Head.   Today, the fine line between anointed Body and those not anointed is becoming indistinguishable.  It is because, what once began as truth, has transformed into a lie. 

Rev 16:13,14 - "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, ("organization")  and out of the mouth of the false prophet. (GB leaders)   For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth (anointed ones; Rev 1:5; Rev 5:10) and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."