The World News Media

Went to a wedding and 70% of all those in attendance left about 40 minutes after the ceremony

Jack Ryan

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is something jw's refuse to do.

The Brothers and Sisters may have left the wedding early because of a disfellowshipped person being present, but if I had any significant money I would bet it all that if the Bride’s insanely rich maf

You know, Georgie, your plethora of “rhetorical“  questions give the impression you don’t know that people are not ants … You ask ten people the same questions, and your questions, often based on your

Posted Images

Guest Indiana
1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

but this was your implication when you said "On another note tonight I learned a lesson: before attending a wedding ask if they invited a disfellowshipped 🤭" With a smiley face at that. 

You have the right to assume whatever you want to assume, those are YOUR assumptions.

1 hour ago, Matthew9969 said:

Just another example, jw's aren't as united as they are.

In case that story is true, the same happens with people who hate JWs. 

Both of you: 

Have a great day and do not forget to show love as Jesus did to JWs and Non JWs around with a smiley face at that 

2 hours ago, Indiana said:

I sat next to a disfellowshipped one who spent all the meeting recording videos and taking photos to share over Whatsapp, I

It is probably well if the attendants do not let him do this. Is he a pedophile? Does the 10-year old boy giving his first talk want to see himself on the World Wide Web?

Don’t let him tell you that Jesus wouldn’t be so unloving so as to make him shut off his camera.

Guest Indiana
1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is probably well if the attendants do not let him do this. Is he a pedophile?

since we had the Conmemoration at  at the backyard of the hall with poor illumination , he was using bright light almost over us, that made me feel uncomfortable,  so I said loud complaining several times: "Wow I feel I am in the interrogation room or at the operating room", he stopped not inmediatelly,  I don't know if it was because of me, but no matter if he is disfellowshiped or not,  those are bad manners in my area. I don't want to assume what other people think as @Shiwiii does, but probably that man thought that because he is disfellowshipped and does not expect anyone is going to talk to him, he could come to the hall and do whatever he wants no matter if it is disrespectful to others 

Guest Indiana
4 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

hogwash! EVERYONE attending the wedding would know that the grooms mother would be there, its his wedding. 

Would guess... not know. I know people whose parentes have not attended  their weddings.  (JWs, non JWs or disfellowshipped) Sometimes you are not the right person toward  your mother or father in law 

6 minutes ago, Indiana said:

and do whatever he wants no matter if it is disrespectful to others 

Possibly he is a spy for @Jack Ryan‘s friends, someone like the unstable woman that Jack issued a Special Report for when she was caught red-handed trying to destroy the life-work of her parents. When she was not lauded as a hero, as the friends assured her she would be, she subsequently became so depressed that took her own life. Or maybe they didn’t assure her that her parents wouldn’t be displeased. Maybe they just used her to further their own ends.

It’s back in the archives somewhere. You’ll never find it. Possibly @The Librarian (that old hen) can dig it out. 

Ah! Here it is (my comment, to which you can go back to the post itself):

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/forums/topic/16449-24-year-old-bethelite-woman-recently-disfellowshipped-for-apostasy-commits-suicide/?tab=comments#comment-60164

Think it through as to whether you actually want to be here, Indiana. I’m not saying you shouldn’t. But they get pretty vile here, some of them. There are some with absolutely no love for God here, and some who love him only if they can define him in their own image. They are not ones to be persuaded. Make sure you are up for it.

• 4 years later...

The Brothers and Sisters may have left the wedding early because of a disfellowshipped person being present, but if I had any significant money I would bet it all that if the Bride’s insanely rich mafia uncle had showed up with huge presents and a thick envelope and cases of fine wine and an orchestra, they would have partied ‘till dawn.

Yeah, but he wasn't disfellowshipped, right? There is a difference. We are directed to avoid these ones, but not like the plague. That is an over reach, anyone doing that is touchy with their conscience. No, I would help such a person if needed, speak to such a person. They need help just as any other human, what I will not do is stand and fellowship with them. But I will NOT be cold and unloving towards them because of their situation. That is what Jesus taught.

1 hour ago, John Houston said:

Yeah, but he wasn't disfellowshipped, right? There is a difference. We are directed to avoid these ones, but not like the plague. That is an over reach, anyone doing that is touchy with their conscience. No, I would help such a person if needed, speak to such a person. They need help just as any other human, what I will not do is stand and fellowship with them. But I will NOT be cold and unloving towards them because of their situation. That is what Jesus taught.

I have to shake my head when I hear a jw say, 'we don't shun family members'.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.