The World News Media

New Light on Beards

JW Insider

Like I said. Semiotics of various sorts. Some are externally worn, some are evident by the things they worry about. I'd rather worry myself about the Bible, Bible history, Biblical archaeology and various apologetics.

On the other hand my wife likes Project Runway and I've seen every episode.

• Views 14.9k
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of speculation there. I think this is about unity. I always say there is strength in numbers. It's apparent that HQ received many "complaints" (they said so) from people who were argui

I think the current GB realizes it has a compilation of messes on its hands that can only accrue problematically. It's trying to dig itself out. But the fear is the pile is too deep. Ultimately the 19

My speculations aren't worth the time to read them, but I'm guessing a timeline like the following:  2024: No more Circuit Overseers. (The reason that the District Overseers were let go was not b

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Can anyone in their right mind believe this? As if to say, "The angels have started wearing beards, or have for a while, so it is time to level the playing field for JWs on earth too". 

Could this be a matter of perception rather than a rule? Who can assert that God wore a beard, just like the angels?

22 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

How a GB member explains the turnaround in doctrine? Yes, you read correctly, this is about doctrine. Like every other instruction and order published in the WTJWorg.

Is it? To me, it sounds like grooming tips for a thinking person.

23 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

A JW person should not take a stand for or against a new doctrine. Although some JWs have faithfully followed the former prohibition against wearing beards, no one should regret this today, because it is an indicator of spiritual immaturity.

Do you prefer to be guided by a Hippie or a vagabond when it comes to learning about the teachings of Christ? The choice is yours to make. However, it's important to consider that genuine Jehovah's Witnesses may not heed your advice.

11 minutes ago, George88 said:

Could this be a matter of perception rather than a rule? Who can assert that God wore a beard, just like the angels?

The answer to that is simple to give. View all illustrations in WTJWorg publications. Angels have beards. Jesus has a beard. If Jesus and the angels are the image of the invisible God, then YHVH also has a beard.
Another reason for this is that no one from the WTJWorg Art Department has ever seen the angels or Jesus before and after he ascended into heaven, yet they portray them as if they saw them wearing beards.

So, the perception of the "guardian of the doctrine" and the artist set the rule.
WTJWorg publications have Jesus without a beard in the past and Jesus with a beard after doctrine have changed.

12 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

dd to that the fact that the KKK was invented by and staffed by Democrats, and that Trump has never worn a hood, and doesn’t even wear a hat.

Given that Trump was once a Democrat, the argument has been established. However, how can one be certain that Trump never donned a hood, especially considering his demeanor as a highly influential figure in the Republican Party? It seems he is a perfect fit for a presidency reminiscent of the Confederacy, much like Davis himself.

14 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

The answer to that is simple to give. View all illustrations in WTJWorg publications. Angels have beards. Jesus has a beard. If Jesus and the angels are the image of the invisible God, then YHVH also has a beard.

Have you ever come across God or an angel? It's a concept that stems from scriptural interpretation.

16 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Another reason for this is that no one from the WTJWorg Art Department has ever seen the angels or Jesus before and after he ascended into heaven, yet they portray them as if they saw them wearing beards.

Does this mean that only the Watchtower has a depiction of how Christ looks like?

19 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

So, the perception of the "guardian of the doctrine" and the artist set the rule.
WTJWorg publications have Jesus without a beard in the past and Jesus with a beard after doctrine have changed.

This is your perspective, rather than an rational one.

4 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Frankly Scarlett, I don’ give a damn!  

YOU made the assertions without proof, Georgie. 

I have always supported your posts as being meaningless. It's disappointing that you seem to constantly engage in conflict with those who hold different opinions and strive to prove them wrong. It's a shame that this seems to define your approach. Can't keep a civil tongue, what a waste.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.