The World News Media

BAPTISM IN WHO'S NAME ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

One quote I found.  " If the meaning of baptism could be boiled down to one word, that word would be identification. Baptism speaks primarily of a personal, public identification with Jesus Christ. "

Matthew 28 v 19 NWT

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,o baptizing themp in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, "

J W baptism.

Baptisms are usually held at assemblies and conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses. At the conclusion of the baptism talk, the speaker will ask the baptism candidates to stand and answer the following two questions in a loud voice:

1. Have you repented of your sins, dedicated yourself to Jehovah, and accepted his way of salvation through Jesus Christ?

2. Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So where are the words in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, " ?

And where in the Bible does it say that a person gets baptised into an 'Organisation' ?

Should the JW Org use the words that Jesus instructed to be used

Now a puzzling question. What actually is a JW Org baptism ? Sound like a stupid question ? Um. 

If a baptised JW leaves the Org or is disfellowshipped, they are then shunned. So are they still a Christian ? 

Does their baptism still count for anything ? 

In the first century it would have been anointed ones that did the baptising. A baptised one, would become a Christian serving God through Christ. There was no IBSA, and no JW Org. (Although some on here try to pretend that the 1st Century Christians were JWs)

So who now has the right to baptise ?  Should it be Anointed one's that baptise ? Therefore should it be made clear who are the Anointed ones ?

I suppose it would be difficult to know who they are, and to have so few Anointed baptise so many earth wide. 

But, by what authority do the Elders baptise ? And is it a true baptism as it is 'into the Org' not as Jesus first directed ?

Does anyone else have the right to baptise and would it be recognised as such by God and Christ ?

Add to this that if a person is reinstated into JW Org and then, wow, everyone can talk to them again, their original baptism into JW Org is ok, and they don't need to do it again. 

How does any of that match up with God's written word ?  

• Views 801
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One quote I found.  " If the meaning of baptism could be boiled down to one word, that word would be identification. Baptism speaks primarily of a personal, public identification with Jesus Christ. "

I think how question of identifications is good, very important and only issue here that need/have to be accented. Act of baptism is completely in sphere of personal, individual  reasons and decisions

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

2. Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?

I think how question of identifications is good, very important and only issue here that need/have to be accented. Act of baptism is completely in sphere of personal, individual  reasons and decisions about leaving one way of life and accepting Jesus teachings and his Kingdom with new way of thinking and hope.

2nd JW baptismal question is directed to gather people under power of one organization. This organization has Legal Name, and acts (or sometimes not acts) under secular laws. This Organization found it very important to separate own members and that these members are possible to be recognized by other people and organizations as members of THIS organization, WTJWorg. Because of that all these baptized individuals have to be under new nomenclature invented by people. In fact Jesus not gave any name to his new formed group, followers, disciples. Jesus not prophesied nothing about future organization with specific name (Israel is name given by JHVH to Jacob. And all Jacob's offspring later came under Moses system and came to be known as Israelite, Israel Nation)

Well now, what "nation" have to come from Jesus? And what name is proper, appropriate for them? Christians, JW's ....?   

So where are the words in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, " 

Maybe i do err in thinking, but these words are said by Jesus and as such they must be part of baptism ceremony. I said ceremony, because that is symbolic act that has particular meaning ...for observers. As i said above, true act is inside the heart of people. Is it baptism real and only way how to survive and be in God's mercy, i don't know. Is it baptism only way how to be recognized as Jesus's disciples and follower, i don't know. 

And in a lack of person who can doing baptism, can person do it solely, for himself? And to tell these words with own mouth? Perhaps it is possible.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.