The Librarian

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I, too, have decided to visit there again soon. If anyone wishes to speak with me, I will be dressed in an oversized crocodile suit topped with a blue frumpy Dr. Seuss hat, munching popcorn, with my t

FWIW, I have a tour of Warwick scheduled for 11:00am on Friday 12/7, and will also be in Mahwah and Wallkill over the weekend, touring Wallkill soon after 10am on Monday. If anyone else from here want

Fun EE !

Posted Images

FWIW, I have a tour of Warwick scheduled for 11:00am on Friday 12/7, and will also be in Mahwah and Wallkill over the weekend, touring Wallkill soon after 10am on Monday. If anyone else from here wants to meet up I'll be wearing black slacks, black shoes, a white shirt, and a mostly black tie.

That probably won't help, will it? So I will wear a mostly white shirt that is actually blue striped (an LLBean style) if you look at it closely, and I will wear a black tie with blue geometric designs (small diamonds in gray, lt.blue, dk.blue, black). Also the black shoes are really "sneakers" just made to look like dress shoes, not very shiny.

(Also, I'm 61, married, 6'3'', 245lbs, have some gray on the sides of my short brown hair, and I like long walks around the lake.)

Anyway, for real, if anyone wants to meet up, I'll answer to "JWI" or something similar, or even my real name. That goes for anyone who works in Warwick or Wallkill, too, who might be following along.

3 hours ago, JW Insider said:

FWIW, I have a tour of Warwick scheduled for 11:00am on Friday 12/7, and will also be in Mahwah and Wallkill over the weekend, touring Wallkill soon after 10am on Monday. If anyone else from here wants to meet up I'll be wearing black slacks, black shoes, a white shirt, and a mostly black tie.

That probably won't help, will it? So I will wear a mostly white shirt that is actually blue striped (an LLBean style) if you look at it closely, and I will wear a black tie with blue geometric designs (small diamonds in gray, lt.blue, dk.blue, black). Also the black shoes are really "sneakers" just made to look like dress shoes, not very shiny.

(Also, I'm 61, married, 6'3'', 245lbs, have some gray on the sides of my short brown hair, and I like long walks around the lake.)

Anyway, for real, if anyone wants to meet up, I'll answer to "JWI" or something similar, or even my real name. That goes for anyone who works in Warwick or Wallkill, too, who might be following along.

When you do either of the two Bible museums, you will at first be discouraged at how everyone bunches up at the first few exhibits. But their eyes are bigger than their stomachs. Four or five exhibits in, they decide they will have to speed up the pace, leaving large gaps and an opportunity to take it all in easily if you do not insist upon doing it it order. 

We came by way of route 17, an endlessly winding highway. Taking a break at Livingston Manor, we came across this sign, which I photographed because of the name; there was a Motts Applesauce plant near where we live.

Is it the spirit of the times to hide religion, or what? I think no way would this fellow describe himself as a “humanitarian.” Look him up.

C7451491-7238-4FF8-88E8-A2DD8D90906F.jpeg

Now, what did you say? Black shoes, mostly black tie. Got it. Should I change my plans and return so soon, I’ll be on the watch.

78AC501B-21FF-4A7D-A018-CDDAEFCAE6D8.png

20 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I'll answer to "JWI" or something similar,

I actually did have somone approach me once, on a Woman and the Seed tour at the NYMet, and ask “Are you Sheepandgoats?”I had just related a story that I had also related online. It much surprised me, for while I like to think, like any blogger, that my readership is huge, I know that it is not so.

He and his wife are from overseas. We have kept in touch since.

In the Congregation I attend, is a Brother who knew Mickey Spillane, to whom, although we have never met, I have a great affinity ... as we shared many similar personality traits.  I also read a few of his books, which I liked.

So, I get this email that someone named Jane Spillane requests to by my friend on Facebook ... a total surprise to me ... and after checking it out, OF COURSE I "friended" her.

I suspect TTH had "something" to do with that, as when I asked the Brother I knew, he said he did not.

My instincts are almost always right ... but this is a STRANGE one, and after processing thousands of options, that's what pops up. .... TTH.

My guess is that when TTH forwarded to her my posting here of "The Further Adventures of Nick Danger - Third Eye" , by Firesign Theatre, which for some reason I posted here, she backtracked it and followed up.

Any validity to that theory TTH?

2 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Any validity to that theory TTH?

It is probably so. She has been an FB friend of mine for some time and I have thrown a few items her way that I knew she would like. She is an avid Trump supporter.

She is also the woman who began to hog a certain magazine interview of Mickey by talking politics, a subject Mickey hated. (though she assures me that he also would have loved Trimp, and I cannot picture it any other way.) Mickey’s response was priceless. He said “Honey, can I ask you a question?” When she replied in the affirmative, he said “Why don’t you get me a cup of coffee?”

She misses him a lot and has formed some sort of business venture to bring his books back into print.

10 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Any validity to that theory TTH

In the 'tying up loose ends' section of Tom Irregardless and Me, I stuck in two paragraphs about Mickey:

Mickey Spillane, author of the uber-violent novels of the 1940’s, who cleaned up his act upon becoming a Witness, submitted his life experiences to Bethel before he died in 2006. They are locked in the Bethel vault awaiting publication on a slow theocratic news day:

“I smashed the door with my fist. A yellow, scrawny guy answered – a real punk. Said he wasn’t interested. I’d show him what ‘not interested’ was. I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him inside. I slammed him down on the couch. The dog left its bone and ran for cover, whimpering. ‘Smart bitch!’ I muttered under my breath. I opened my Bible to 2 Timothy 2:24 and rammed his nose into it: “For a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle to all, qualified to teach…” I’m here to save your filthy hide come Armageddon. It’s not my idea, you worthless scum. I’d let you drown in your own piss. But God loves you.”

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.