The World News Media

WHAT DID YOU LEARN THAT WAS NEW AT THE 2019 "LOVE NEVER FAILS" REGIONAL CONVENTION ?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 9.3k
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course, there was that "God-damned" snake in the grass back in Eden. It was cursed to crawl on the ground and lick the dust with its [forked] tongue. Then there were those pigs that allowed th

Law of diminishing returns is also a fundamental principle in Economics, not only Engineering.  And you talking money already. But remember you go to meeting every week and you don't  necessarily

Next week DV I will know, and will tell you.    Maybe this time your children will learn something that will show them the need to visit more often and to process information so they practice god

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

They seem to be really pushing this idea of not getting a good education. 

An interesting note: In EIGHT PAGES of this thread (unless I missed something ...) the FIRST menntion of something new coming from a regional "Love Never Fails" convention is John Butler's Wife's completely believable account!

But, even that .... is not even new.

1 hour ago, Outta Here said:

More drivel!

She is probably not a "Friday morning person" and was still a little bleary. Have you shown her 1Cor.3:19 yet?

My wife is intelligent enough and wide awake enough to KNOW what she heard said from the platform, BUT as usual a JW has to throw insults as the only answer they have. 

TTH was saying something about building up, not knocking down, but JW's that dislike a comment on here just have to be negative to the one that has written the comment. Not even constructive criticism, just insults. 

SO WHERE IS THE LOVE IN YOUR BEING INSULTING ? 

Come on then, take on JTR Jr's challenge and tell us all what wonderful NEW things you have learnt from the convention.

I would not even waste my time or fuel money going there. 

1 hour ago, Outta Here said:

More drivel!

She is probably not a "Friday morning person" and was still a little bleary. Have you shown her 1Cor.3:19 yet?

What I like about the JW organization is that they’re unafraid of verses like 1 Timothy 6:20: “O Timothy, guard what is laid up in trust with you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge.” For making a show of such [knowledge] some have deviated from the faith.”

Everyone else embarrassedly pretends those verses don’t exist, fearful lest they be seen as narrow and restrictive, the worst of all possible sins in today’s world. Watchtower applies them, unconcerned with how the world will react, so long as they discharge their scriptural responsibility to warn against specious reasonings. They want Christians to “attain to the oneness in the faith and in the accurate knowledge of the Son of God...in order that we should no longer be babes, tossed about as by waves and carried hither and thither by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in contriving error.”  (Ephesians 4:13-14) It is a stand that takes guts, that exposes them to sneering ridicule, and to absurd charges that they want to “control” people.

Once Witnesses have taken a position not to let “the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge” such as is the lifeblood of this world’s education, dictate their world view, then they “cherry-pick” its offerings for what is truly useful, and obviously, some is.

I wouldn’t mind if they dropped the line that some go to higher school “to make a name for themselves,” since most don’t. But some do. It is what it is, and there is no need to scream over every little thing that does not go your way. What I like is that the JW organization cautions strongly about not putting oneself in the 24/7 unfamiliar environment that is “higher education”—cut off from all former stabilizing influences (a classic tool of brainwashing) so as to be indoctrinated by the latest “wind of teaching” designed by those who think faith is for chumps.

@TrueTomHarley  Thank you giving me a laugh. You are so funny and your writings are fit for a  comedy show. 

A quote from your above writing. in order that we should no longer be babes, tossed about as by waves and carried hither and thither by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in contriving error.”  

Now think on this Tom. Your GB say that they are NOT INSPIRED AND THEREFORE CAN ERR................ 

The scripture you quoted says just that. every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in contriving error.  error = ERR

trickery of men, cunning  (your GB)  OVERLAPPING GENERATIONS, SUPERIOR AUTHORITIES, Blood issue, shunning issue, CSA.  

“the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge”

What, just watch some of those cringy videos your GB produces. 

absurd charges that they want to “control” people.

Um, JW's are told not to have their own opinions on scripture and not to talk against the GB. 

Tom, you are blind to the facts about your own organisation. 

I'm not saying God can never use it, but it needs so much cleaning out and rethinking. And of course it needs the true remnant of Anointed to run this early side of things. 

2 hours ago, Outta Here said:

More drivel!

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, since it is written, He catches the wise in their craftiness  1 Cor 3:19  

In this case, Paul is speaking of “wisdom” of the “crafty” religious leaders; as an example, the Pharisees who misled the people with their “worldly” wisdom added to the law.  

For whenever someone says, “I belong to Paul,” and another, “I belong to Apollos,” are you not acting like mere humans?     What then is Apollos? What is Paul? They are servants through whom you believed, and each has the role the Lord has given. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 

He refers to God’s spiritual House/Temple in the anointed ones. 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22  Of course, within the Watchtower are those who believe they are “wise” and have labeled themselves before Christ has returned, as “faithful and discreet”, and all eyes fall on the GB to lead them. It is so blatantly seen by some on this forum.    Paul says that each member of the body is just as precious as the other, in their apportioned roles.  Rom 12:3-8  This is not the case in the WT.  The GB and their role, is the only role to acknowledge.  Matt 24:48-51

“Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this age, let him become a fool so that he can become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, since it is written, He catches the wise in their craftiness20 and again, The Lord knows that the reasonings of the wise are futile. 21 So let no one boast in human leaders, for everything is yours— 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or things present or things to come—everything is yours, 23 and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.

He is saying that within this anointed Body, their only Head is Jesus Christ. Eph 4:15  However, all JWs “boast” in their human leaders.  They must, or they are threatened with disfellowshipping,  by the employment of craftiness.  Rev 13: 11,15

JWs are totally immersed in the “wisdom of this world” that their human leaders provide for them.  They have become “fools” for following this wisdom.  It is not too late to become wise, according to the teachings of Christ.  Proverbs chapter 4

56 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

What I like about the JW organization is that they’re unafraid of verses like 1 Timothy 6:20: “O Timothy, guard what is laid up in trust with you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge.” For making a show of such [knowledge] some have deviated from the faith.”

This is as far as read.  You continue to be so blind!  "Empty speeches" are foundation of your organization.   As an example, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"   

45 minutes ago, Witness said:

21 So let no one boast in human leaders, for everything is yours

And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.  Acts 10:25,26

"Everything is yours" - every gift within the Body is a benefit to each member..."There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.  There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone each one, just as he determines.   All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines."  1 Cor 12:4,6,11

2 hours ago, Witness said:

He catches the wise in their craftiness  1 Cor 3:19 ...he refers to God’s spiritual House/Temple in the anointed ones. 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22  Of course, within the Watchtower are those who believe they are “wise” and have labeled themselves

Not everything in the world is about you and your pissy little complaint that you are a better anointed one than those of the GB.

Corinth was a center of Greek thought. These were the ones who put such emphasis on ‘wisdom’—as opposed to the ‘signs’ of the Jews. Paul came to them with fear and trembling because he had determined that he would know nothing among them except Christ, and him impaled. 

My application (and @Outta Here‘s) application of 1 Corinthians 3:19 is exactly correct.

2 hours ago, Witness said:

This is as far as read.  You continue to be so blind!  "Empty speeches" are foundation of your organization.   As an example, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"   

Ditto the above reply. It’s not all about you and your complaint.This example of an “empty speech” involves making a mistake while keeping on the watch. It beats by a country mile not keeping on the watch at all. An excellent way to not make any mistakes is to not do anything.

The empty speeches that do the most damage are the dominant philosophies of this system of things, which you apparently buy into, or at least take umbrage should the genuine anointed caution against them

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

indoctrinated by the latest “wind of teaching” designed by those who think

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

not to let “the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge”

@JOHN BUTLER and @Witness explained enough to open readers mind. WT Society making constant "wind teachings" under explanation/justification of "Brighter Light" mantra. All previous teachings that JW members stop to believe were exactly this: falsely called knowledge. In other words, past knowledge is not/was not Truth. It is False Truth. Otherwise it/doctrines would stay to be  applicable and accurate until today.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Not everything in the world is about you and your pissy little complaint that you are a better anointed one than those of the GB.

Do I see your jealousy and envy? :)))

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This example of an “empty speech” involves making a mistake while keeping on the watch. 

... you offer "empty" explanation TTH, ... sorry, have to tell you this :)) 

.... but seriously, you again going to transfer blame from GB (WTJWORG Management)  to holy spirit.

11 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

(Edited)

When Rutherford gave that speech, did he have his listeners' interests at heart?  This was nothing but a lie that people like you believed in, and lived for. From 1918 to 1925 his message was preached with anticipation and excitement, by members like you.    (The Proclaimer’s Book called it “an exciting message”)  When the dust settled, did he have remorse for misleading the congregants? No, he shifted the blame for his false prediction on the members.   

“It was stated in the ‘Millions’ book that we might reasonably expect them (referring to the resurrection) to return shortly after 1925, but this was merely an expressed opinion; besides it is still shortly after 1925. … Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything.” Watch Tower 1926 pp.196, 232

How many do you believe were stumbled to see the blame put on them? Was it merely an expressed opinion?  Or was it taught as truth?

“The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures because it is fixed by the law God gave to Israel. Viewing the present situation in Europe, one wonders how it will be possible to hold back the explosion much longer; and that even before 1925 the great crisis will be reached and probably passed.” Watch Tower 1922 Sep 1 p.262

Does this shifting of the blame sound familiar? It should.  You just recently saw it in action regarding 1975.  Did these two mistakes happen “while keeping on the watch”?

The leaders of the Watchtower may have various personalities, but their vision is the same; to keep their listeners in their seats by promising them a paradise based on empty speeches.  No, this is not about me, but about the anointed ones in the organization, as well as all JWs who are captivated by WT’s empty promises.   It is about YOU.

Col 2:8 - "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world, rather than on Christ." 

JWs have bought into the organization’s setting the bar higher for the philosophies of the world, and lower for its own philosophies or “empty speeches”.  The instituting of new light when an old prophesy fails is quite the opposite of what God expects of his anointed priests.

“And now, you priests, this warning is for you. If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor My name,” says the Lord Almighty, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor Me.

“Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the dung from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it. And you will know that I have sent you this warning so that my covenant with Levi may continue,” says the Lord Almighty. “My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered Me and stood in awe of My name. True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with Me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.

For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the messenger of the Lord Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth. But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi,”says the Lord Almighty. “So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed My ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law.”  Mal 2:1-9

The GB does not honor God with their failed predictions that you excuse as a moment of ‘”making a mistake while keeping on the watch”.   They are more concerned about honoring their organization…and apparently dancing to its beat, as seen in Brazil.  And, worldly organizations do make mistakes. 

There is a distinction made between your god and its GB head, and the God I’m learning to know, who expects the truth His Son has given us, to be the only truth to be heard.  His truth is in the Bible, not in the corrupt minds of men, who are doing the most damage to the anointed ones of “Israel”.  They will not be sealed if lies are “found in their mouth”.    Zeph 3:13; Rev 14:15; 3:18    Satan, knows this.  2 Thess 2:9-12

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.