The World News Media

TOP STORY TODAY:  DETAILS TO FOLLOW …..

Pudgy

2 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Example: when you cannot find any scriptures condemning suicide and flounder and choke, but keep going full speed ahead.

Only because you would need to understand scripture, James. Nowhere in scripture does it "specifically" use the word suicide. I know you're not a psychologist, but, in God's laws, harming yourself for whatever reason is a sin. Now, how can you "prove" that suicide is NOT a sin, James?

Yet, wordplay is always a stronghold for the unattended. 

• Views 10.7k
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did Elon Musk buy this platform?

Often this happens when the person has reached a resolution to follow through, given their first opportunity. Their paralyzing dilemma resolved, they can give the appearance that all is completely wel

Where is your respect for truthful speech?!  Every single news report told that Police said that they were MARRIED and FORMER MEMBERS of the Congregation.  Why the contentious spirit?  Who are you

Posted Images

I can prove that riding a horse is not a sin, and a horse paralyzed and killed “Superman”, played by Christopher Reeves.

If God considered it a sin to endanger one’s life on a horse, he would have said so.

He did not.

Simple logic.

Same thing with suicide.

But … it’s not up to me to prove suicide is NOT a sin … it’s up to you to prove it IS a sin,  with specific, unambiguous Scripture addressing that specific point.

Since none exists, and there are three Biblical examples that contradict your false supposition, your only possible solution is to confuse and misapply.

Sometimes …. When you are in the “Arena of Ideas”, and all the blood in the sand is yours … it’s time to go home.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Does this mean we will no longer be hearing from Moise? I was just getting to like the guy.

Does it really matter? We can pretend that we are many when in fact, we are just a few. I can combine Anna with Thinking, and TTH with Xero. Once again, does it really matter, when only those that are not part of an original group get kicked out.

I think, everyone should just move on, with this who's who.

2 hours ago, Allen Smith said:

The last post indicates, EVERYONE in this world has a get out of jail free card. Meaning, they will be forgiven and brought back in resurrection because they simply committed suicide. No consequence reminds me of the Catholic Church.

What are you talking about? The Catholic church teaches that those who commit suicide will burn in hell.

I remember watching a documentary about 9/11 where people were jumping out of windows because they didn't want to be burned alive. There was a Hispanic couple that was being interviewed, they may have been the parents of one of the jumpers. They were extremely distraught hoping that it wasn't their son who was depicted on one of the photographs because they believed if it was, then he was in hell. It was hard to watch.

2 minutes ago, Anna said:

What are you talking about? The Catholic church teaches that those who commit suicide will burn in hell.

I am referring more in line with what your friend James is wanting to tell people. Suicide is not a sin. IN the Catholic Church, Fathers believe they can remove sin by confession. So, James is more inline with the Catholic Ideology about sin.

Most honest Christians faiths believe suicide is sin.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.