The World News Media

TOP STORY TODAY:  DETAILS TO FOLLOW …..

Pudgy

1 hour ago, Anna said:

There must be all kinds of reasons for taking ones life and we should be ashamed to dare to judge that person. It is entirely Jehovah's business.

You just finished expressing the same thing I did on my previous post about motive and circumstance. Glad it finally sunk in, that God will judge "any individual" for their conduct in this world, suicide included. Now, the question that should have been asked, were these two individuals at one point JW's? And if so, then they should have understood about "sin no more"  John 8:11, meant. A Christian cannot separate one from the other, even if a person is going through a mental breakdown. That person will still be judged by God, not by man, but by God as I expressed, earlier.

Then society would be no better if we succumb to what is indicated in 1 John 3:4. There's no such thing as a free pass, when it comes to the taking of a human life.

What is wrong and has been on the last post is, the assumption posters are having that suicide has no accountability. It does by God's judgment. No one said "anything" about human judgment, but Godly judgment.

So, our business is to let others know, suicide is a BIG thing in the eyes of God. Now, those that don't have a mental capacity, are usually cared for by others. If that individual commit suicide, outside the watch of others in his/her care, then the blood guilt falls on the caretaker. ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did Elon Musk buy this platform?

Often this happens when the person has reached a resolution to follow through, given their first opportunity. Their paralyzing dilemma resolved, they can give the appearance that all is completely wel

Where is your respect for truthful speech?!  Every single news report told that Police said that they were MARRIED and FORMER MEMBERS of the Congregation.  Why the contentious spirit?  Who are you

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Allen Smith said:

When someone commits suicide, it's because they are not of sound mind, if perhaps only for that moment. Jehovah is not going to punish them for that.

Actually, Anna said the above…

What about Judas Iscariot?

Jesus said he was the “son of destruction” = will inherit destruction.

When I was with them, I used to watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me; and I have protected them, and not one of them is destroyed except the son of destruction, so that the scripture might be fulfilled. John 17:12

3 minutes ago, Amidstheroses said:

Actually, Anna said the above…

I made a similar comment about motive and circumstance. However, the erred view would be to suggest, God has no judgment at the moment of that act of suicide. We shouldn't pretend to know what God is thinking other than, he holds every life precious.

6 minutes ago, Amidstheroses said:

What about Judas Iscariot?

Jesus said he was the “son of destruction” = will inherit destruction.

When I was with them, I used to watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me; and I have protected them, and not one of them is destroyed except the son of destruction, so that the scripture might be fulfilled. John 17:12

To me, the accountability has manifested to the second death. Jude 1:12, Revelation 21:8. Why, would Jesus resurrect those he plans to condemn in the first resurrection? It makes no sense. 

23 minutes ago, Allen Smith said:

Everyone, enjoy your day!!

@Anna@Allen Smith@Pudgy
It’s 1am here, but I’m doing Zoom Mtg tomorrow at 10am. 
Being a night owl, I got back up realizing that I actually had been commenting while having missed a lot of the comments fixing dinner and then putting together my ever-disappearing ‘answers’ to Pudgy’s rhetorical questions. Were the questions real or a trap? Set others up with insincere questions, then mock and demean them as they try to answer? 🤷‍♀️

Regarding “sons of destruction” who will inherit Gehenna, like Judas did, the Scriptures also call the clergy, the ‘man of lawlessness’ by that term. 

Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. (2 Thessalonians 2:3)

6 hours ago, Amidstheroses said:

I am going to Save this first because I just lost about 30 minutes of work on my iPad trying to answer it previously)

Doesn’t that just frost you when that happens?

6 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Tell me exactly WHAT about my statement is not true!

when you can save as many people by your death as did our Lord then I’ll sanction your ‘suicide’ as well.

6 hours ago, Amidstheroses said:

Judge Samson was not suicidal,

Quite the contrary. His final performance brought the house down. 

6 hours ago, Anna said:

I really don't see the point of discussing whether suicide is a sin or not. 

The point is that just after Allen ascends from the netherworld, this feed suddenly runs several pages overnight. And the time spent is time you never get back.

6 hours ago, Anna said:

Could one argue that the pillars killed him?

As it turns out, our deceased dog was named Samson. I would tell people he was not the Sampson that pushes apart the pillars but the Samson who pees on them.

6 hours ago, Pudgy said:

For me, it’s an exercise in “…. Not going beyond the things that are written …”

There are times when that serves him well, I have noticed

6 hours ago, Allen Smith said:

I think this type of mentality, should stay in the closed forum. The public doesn't need to see JW's, discredit the bible.

No sane member of the public would ever come here.

6 hours ago, Pudgy said:

The public” doesn’t’ care squat.

….. and they don’t come here.

Whoa

4 hours ago, Amidstheroses said:

I was thinking along those lines today as I pondered what happened to Sister Suicide’s house, belongings, clothes, bills, yard work, car…

Yes, it’s a big headache for them, but frankly the same thing occurs with any death. If only to shovel out the house, there’s usually lots for survivors to do.

3 hours ago, Allen Smith said:

Why, would Jesus resurrect those he plans to condemn in the first resurrection? It makes no sense. 

Doesn’t this fly in the face of what we recently learned about John 5:30–that an ‘unrighteous’ resurrected one’s future depends upon how they respond to God’s provisions from that time on, not a judgment of what they did in their prior life. Upon death, a person’s sin has been paid for. 

2 hours ago, Allen Smith said:

Everyone, enjoy your day!!

what’s left of it.

2 hours ago, Amidstheroses said:

Were the questions real or a trap? 

Both. They caught me easily enough.

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Doesn’t this fly in the face of what we recently learned about John 5:30–that an ‘unrighteous’ resurrected one’s future depends upon how they respond to God’s provisions from that time on, not a judgment of what they did in their prior life. Upon death, a person’s sin has been paid for. 

No! The circumstance is too broad. Therefore, unattainable. Not only did he serve Satan's purpose, but committed suicide for the harm he felt he had done. Judas Iscariot had, full faculties and wasn't mentally challenged. His anguish defeated him. So, John 5:30 doesn't apply unless someone at that time judged him and hung him for committing the most heinous crime known to man, giving up God's son for 30 pieces of silver.

7 hours ago, Amidstheroses said:

Pudgy’s rhetorical questions. Were the questions real or a trap? Set others up with insincere questions, then mock and demean them as they try to answer? 

Unfortunately, that's how he deals with facts. He makes up things as he goes along, and when he is caught, he lashes out. There can be only one winner, that would be him. Then he starts to insult and fight, just to get rid of people that challenge his kind of facts. None facts.

52 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Hmm. Do you think long-banned Allan should accept his reinstatement into the forum at this particular time of year seeing that some may regard it as accepting a Christmas present?

JW's shouldn't believe in man's tradition. That being said, I hear your threat, Tom. Exit stage right. I'll return when there's another prophetic year of interest. Hope you're still around. 

1 hour ago, Allen Smith said:

That being said, I hear your threat, Tom.

Come come, Allan, it’s not a threat. I’m just being playful. You can’t see that? I’m just blown away by how you came out of nowhere to resurface in all your glory. I make even worse ‘threats’ to Pudgy for the impolitic things he says …

image.jpeg

and he just blows it off for the trash-talk it is.