Matthew9969

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also want him to explain December 7, 1941 to you ET?

Circa 1972 I was at a JW Convention at the Hampton Roads, Virginia Coliseum, looking with binoculars at the Sunday afternoon speaker at the lectern on the coliseum floor, and I noticed he had fluoresc

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Pudgy said:

It depends on your sense of humor. I have found the more competent and aware a person is, the harder it is to insult him.

I enjoy and somewhat emulate the humor of the great father of humor Mel Brooks and Robin Williams, with a bit of George Carlin thrown in.

The Apostle Paul mentioned that he was all things to all people, and I strongly suspect while in port cities and on sailing ships his vocabulary and demeanor were different than that at a lectern or podium.

But …. I cannot imagine him having any sense of humor whatsoever, or being insulted when or if a real or imagined insult was attempted.

Much like if Superman was real, and someone disrespected him by noting he wore red underwear with a yellow belt, over a blue leotard, and wore a cape to hide his butt crack.

He’s Superman!

Why should he care?

Circa 1972 I was at a JW Convention at the Hampton Roads, Virginia Coliseum, looking with binoculars at the Sunday afternoon speaker at the lectern on the coliseum floor, and I noticed he had fluorescent yellow patent leather shoes. My only thought was “Where do you even BUY shoes like that?”.

17 hours ago, Pudgy said:

The Apostle Paul mentioned that he was all things to all people, and I strongly suspect while in port cities and on sailing ships his vocabulary and demeanor were different than that at a lectern or podium.

But …. I cannot imagine him having any sense of humor whatsoever, or being insulted when or if a real or imagined insult was attempted.

Much like if Superman was real, and someone disrespected him by noting he wore red underwear with a yellow belt, over a blue leotard, and wore a cape to hide his butt crack.

He’s Superman!

Why should he care?

Makes you wonder what he would be like in today's cancel woke culture.

3 hours ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

What precisely defines "woke" culture as compared to "canceled" culture?

“ "Woke" culture and "cancel" culture are two related but distinct phenomena that have emerged in contemporary discourse. While there is some overlap between the two, they have different focuses and implications.

"Woke" culture refers to a cultural and political consciousness that emphasizes social justice, particularly in relation to issues of race, gender, sexuality, and other forms of oppression. The term "woke" originated in African American Vernacular English and gained prominence in social justice movements. Being "woke" means being aware of and sensitive to systemic inequalities and actively working to address them. It involves recognizing and challenging biases, prejudices, and discriminatory practices in society.

On the other hand, "cancel" culture refers to the practice of publicly calling out and boycotting individuals or institutions perceived to have said or done something offensive, objectionable, or morally wrong. Canceling typically involves withdrawing support, often through social media campaigns, in an attempt to hold people accountable for their actions. It can lead to severe consequences such as loss of reputation, employment opportunities, and even financial repercussions.

While both "woke" culture and "cancel" culture are rooted in social justice concerns, the main distinction lies in their focus and execution. Woke culture is a broader ideological stance centered around promoting awareness and combating systemic injustice, while cancel culture tends to be more reactive and focused on addressing individual behavior. Cancel culture can sometimes be seen as a form of online mob justice, where the accused party is swiftly and harshly condemned without much opportunity for dialogue, understanding, or growth.

It is important to note that discussions around "woke" culture and "cancel" culture are often polarized, with critics arguing that cancel culture stifles free speech and promotes a toxic online environment, while proponents argue that it holds individuals accountable and helps create a safer and more inclusive society. The nuances and impact of these cultural phenomena can vary depending on the context and specific instances involved.”  -  ChatGBT

The problem is when the administrators are bat crap crazy with screwball agendas.

30038634-EDF3-4AA5-8286-552AA1E8E496.gif

You know, when I see someone down vote a statement that is just plain common sense, it makes me wonder about their grip on reality.

When they down vote four or  five comments and statements that are just plain common sense, it’s quite clear that they are divorced from reality, and the natural thing to wonder is ….. are they dangerous?

…. which proves that common sense is not all that common.

15 minutes ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

Maybe that individual is dissatisfied with the wording used in the comment. That would be my guess. However, does the comment mentioned not imply that former members pose a threat?

My guess is not necessarily, but is a consideration depending on the experiences and insight a person has with people who down vote unassailable facts and or common sense statements without reasonable rebuttals, or in this case ….. none whatsoever. 

144A4B1E-1D3A-4ACC-BD78-49C5AF6F1B5E.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.