Matthew9969

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also want him to explain December 7, 1941 to you ET?

Circa 1972 I was at a JW Convention at the Hampton Roads, Virginia Coliseum, looking with binoculars at the Sunday afternoon speaker at the lectern on the coliseum floor, and I noticed he had fluoresc

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

Is it possible that certain false propaganda is not amusing? Is it solely for former members?

Wellllll …. all humor has to have some basis in truth (for the “setup”, and spin your head around with an absurdity at the end, to be funny! If you have heard a joke before, it’s often not funny. The exception is my jokes, which I repeat quite often, because they are ALWAYS funny, to me. Sometimes my humor is just for me, but I enjoy it, so there you go!

One reason it is almost impossible to insult me, is if as an example, you called me  “… a low down scum sucking pig”, by the time I finished visualized that, I might be laughing at Porky on the ground with a frog stuck in the end of his scum straw!, with caved in cheeks and bulging eyes.

This has many benefits, and almost always involves being naturally happy, competent and self-sufficient.

AAAaaand … it costs nothing.

Humor, I have found is always the characteristic of an active mind, because the “punch line” necessitates a person having a clear mental picture of the “setup”, or when the twist, or “punch line” is delivered, you get that dumb “deer-in-the-headlights” look of incomprehension.

As an aside … the reason deer stand in the middle of the road at night, staring at oncoming headlights until they get hit and killed, is they are thinking …   “ …. hmmm … is that a Toyota or a Mazda?”.

BANG!!

I think humor is or is not funny, depending on your life experiences, and ability to visualize.

I felt sorry for a man who had no shoes  …. until I met a man who had no feet. Or a cow skiing down a powder snow slope …. and hitting a tree!

12 hours ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

those who question established truths

"Established truths" which are the product of an "imperfect and fallible" GB to whom Jesus did "not promise to give perfect spiritual food". Please, what kind of "established truths"?

Is this the "truth" for which WTJWorg instructs elders to destroy all data and notes and not hand them over to government authorities? Or a bunch of other theological instructions?

WT Australia joined the redress scheme only after the authorities wanted to take away their state support, money. Money is an "established truth" at WTJWorg.

Shame on WTJWorg.

29 minutes ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

Do you have any evidence to support your claim that the Governing Body does not receive God's Holy Spirit?

According to WTJWorg's own interpretation, the miraculous workings of the spirit ceased as early as the First Century. Inspiration by a spirit (to receive HS) that comes from some part of the Universe from God, would be considered a miraculous, supernatural act. Since WTJWorg claims that miracles have ceased then there is no "receiving the spirit" either, as that would be considered a miracle even in the JW context of theology.

So can any JW who claims to have "received the spirit" prove that they have? He can't. Why should someone else have to prove that they did not receive it when they themselves cannot show that they did.
Furthermore, your literature also says that not all "anointed ones" are truly anointed ones. How do GB prove their claim that some are not anointed? By the same standard, GB cannot prove that they "received the spirit". The burden of proof is not on me, but on the one who claims to be the "anointed one" because such sort of people are considered, by WTJWorg, they are the ones who "receive HS".

But there is another side of the coin. Your publication says also this:

If Someone Says—
Do you have the holy spirit (or the Holy Ghost)?’

You might reply: ‘Yes, and that is why I have come to your door today. (Acts 2:17, 18)’

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/Reasoning-From-the-Scriptures/Spirit/

According to this, every JW "received the spirit". It follows from this that GB is in error when it claims that their instructions and theological explanations are the only authoritative ones and originate directly from God only through them. They promote false doctrine, obviously. 

58 minutes ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

What course of action would you take when secular governments "require" organizations to refrain from keeping certain information about individuals in their records that you already have?

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-legislation/the-privacy-act

https://www.gov.uk/data-protection

Once again, what kind of "established truth" are you providing?

I think this is data that has already been collected (CSA) by WTJWorg in decades before data-protection. These data were to be used for criminal processing. The court wanted them, and WTJWorg protects potential criminals within its ranks. Suspects should be acquitted or convicted before the Court, not before the Company.

1 hour ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

Could you please provide some evidence or support for your claim? I am referring to the misrepresentation you are sharing.

The Jehovah's Witnesses has joined Australia's national redress scheme for child sexual abuse survivors under threat of financial penalties.

It is one of 34 institutions signing up following rules brought in by the federal government to withhold funding from and strip the charity status of groups refusing to join.

The Jehovah's Witnesses was initially named and shamed for holding out.

It flagged its intention to join the scheme in March and has now formally done so.

The other institutions include Tennis Australia, St John Ambulance Australia Queensland, Ipswich Girl's Grammar School, Youth Off the Streets and Scripture Union Tasmania.

Social Services Minister Anne Ruston says this means a total of 37 redress applications can be processed.

"It is clear that the powerful financial, reputational and legislative levers the commonwealth has used have been successful at ensuring institutions understand and recognise their moral obligation to survivors," she said.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7424446/jehovahs-witnesses-join-redress-scheme/

---------------------------------------

In order to maintain and enhance public trust in the Australian charity sector, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Amendment (2021 Measures No. 1) Regulations 2021 (Cth) (the Regulations) came into effect on Thursday 25 February 2021 and creates Governance Standard 6.

Governance Standard 6 requires a registered charity to take reasonable steps to become a participating non-government institution if the charity is, or is likely to be, identified as being involved in the abuse of a person:

in an application for redress made under section 19 of the National Redress Scheme for Institutional Child Sexual Abuse Act 2018 (Cth) (Redress Act) or

in information given in response to a request from the National Redress Scheme Operator (the Secretary of the Department of Social Services) under section 24 or 25 of the Redress Act.

This could include, for example, a registered charity that was named in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse but may not have been identified so far in a redress application.

Very clearly, Governance Standard 6 strongly encourages effected charities to participate in the Redress Scheme, particularly to ensure survivors of institutional child sexual abuse are appropriately compensated. The six Governance Standards are a core set of minimum standards required to be met in governing your charity – your charity must be able to show it is being run in an accountable and responsible way to maintain registration as a charity.  Although the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC) has strong enforcement powers and can revoke a charities registration, it operates on the basis that it expects most charities will be meeting all of the standards.  It will normally only take enforcement or revocation action in the most serious cases.

How then do you ensure compliance with all Governance Standards?  Having leading practice processes, procedures and most importantly controls in place with a skilled board and executive to manage and govern in line with your charitable purpose.

We can assist you to ensure and maintain compliance with the Governance Standards. Contact us to find out more.

https://www.effectivegovernance.com.au/page/knowledge-centre/news-articles/new-changes-to-acnc-regulations

Does this have negative implications for you?

We discussing WTJWorg, not me.

Your focus was on the destruction of data, rather than its collection. You have the capability to discern the distinction using your own words.

Collecting and destroying is part  of one and same process.

I don't remember the Org ever suggesting that the Holy Spirit ceased its work in the first century. If I understand correctly, you are implying that the interpretation of Jesus' words could potentially be false. Can you explain why?

Please read WT publications again.

GB is in focus not Jesus.

Is it possible that your interpretation is incorrect, considering that the Watchtower asserts itself as the organization that faithfully follows the teachings of Jesus and the commands of God, as guided by the principles established in the first century? Which other Christian sect passionately adheres to these standards, which include not engaging in killing, fornication, adultery, immoral acts, and so forth?

Do those other sects discipline their members?

Many can assert themselves in various forms and claim whatever they want about themselves. Among other things, they can claim that Jesus chose them in 1919 to be his "chosen ones". At the same time, they can lead a multinational company "following the example of Jesus" in same manner? And asking followers to sign a "vow of poverty"? Should that be proof to someone that they are "chosen" and that they have "received the spirit"?

For many it is doctrinal nonsense.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.