The World News Media

This tree is 9,560 years old... any ideas on how it survived a global flood?

Jack Ryan

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ... assume every five years a branch bends over to touch the Earth, and it reproduces a tree trunk ... and the old trunk dies out.. That means that the trunk has replanted itself, and the old

I have often wondered it it was me, or EVERYBODY else, that had problems with delirium ...... and then I realized ! ... ... For me, it's not a problem .... .... I rather ENJOY IT

About October 1, 4026 B.C.E. ? *** w89 8/1 p. 10 par. 2 God Purposes That Man Enjoy Life in Paradise *** To recognize that, look back at the newly created Adam when he first received consc

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Gone Away said:

Who can verify this age?

This is what the Wikipedia article says: " The trunk itself is estimated to be only a few hundred years old, but the plant has survived for much longer due to a process known as layering (when a branch comes in contact with the ground, it sprouts a new root), or vegetative cloning (when the trunk dies but the root system is still alive, it may sprout a new trunk)".

So in view of that, it's a bit misleading to say the tree itself is that old, but evidently the root system survived the flood and was able to sprout, probably repeating the process many times throughout several millennia...

13 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

Old Tjikko is a 9,560-year-old Norway Spruce, located on Fulufjället Mountain of Dalarna province in Sweden. Old Tjikko originally gained fame as the "world's oldest tree."

So ... assume every five years a branch bends over to touch the Earth, and it reproduces a tree trunk ... and the old trunk dies out..

That means that the trunk has replanted itself, and the old trunk died 1,912 times.

Boy, if the math had worked out to 1914 years this would have been GREAAAAT! to plug into the GB Body Member David Splaine's "overlapping generations chart!"

Now... 9,570 years divided by 5 DOES make 1914 years, plus ... you can get a "9" out of it and a "570", which sounds very biblical.

It is late ... I have the flu, and am very tired and congested.   I will let better minds than mine figure out the obvious typical / anti-typical ramifications.

Thanks @Anna. This bit of the quote is interesting too, even though we can all read it for ourselves. Thanks to @Jack Ryan for a fascinating snip although the motive is unclear.

"Carbon dating is not accurate enough to pin down the exact year the tree sprouted from seed; but, given the estimated age, the tree is supposed to have sprouted around 7550 BC. For comparison, the invention of writing (and thus, the beginning of recorded history) did not occur until around 4000 BC." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tjikko

About October 1, 4026 B.C.E. ?

*** w89 8/1 p. 10 par. 2 God Purposes That Man Enjoy Life in Paradise ***

• To recognize that, look back at the newly created Adam when he first received consciousness, when he examined his own body and all that he saw and heard and felt around him, when he realized with a start that he was alive! This occurred some 6,000 years ago, in the year 4,026 before our Common Era, according to the count of time given in the Holy Bible. . . . The time would be about October 1, since mankind’s most ancient calendars began counting time near that date.

I enjoy it too..... @James Thomas Rook Jr.  :D   We cry always any dates out...  but forget, that all people imperfect !  The Org.  also the GB ! Always counting & calculate that makes NO sense.  We're SO tiny,. without the Bible we would know and recognize NOTHINGS !!  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.