• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poisonous snakes?

@The Librarian ....  I'm  pretty  sure,  NO  poisonous  snakes  in  paradise !    They  don't  need  their  poison,  bec.  NO  eating  other  animals  in  paradise

As I come from Africa I have often thought about it.  Some animals were created to "clean" up after others such as eating carrion.... to keep the earth fresh and clean ..... and animals will still be

Posted Images

@The Librarian Good Questions❓❓

My Research: ???

After crossing the Red Sea, the Israelites wandered in a land described as a “vast and terrible wilderness infested with poisonous snakes and scorpions, a thirsty, waterless land.” (Deuteronomy 8:15, The New English Bible) Jehovah protected his people there too. And what of their entry into the Promised Land? Powerful Canaanite armies opposed them. Yet, Jehovah said to Joshua: “Get up, cross this Jordan, you and all this people, into the land that I am giving to them, to the sons of Israel. Nobody will take a firm stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I proved to be with Moses I shall prove to be with you. I shall neither desert you nor leave you entirely.” (Joshua 1:2, 5) Those words of Jehovah did not fail. Within roughly six years, Joshua defeated 31 kings and subjugated large sections of the Promised Land. (Joshua 12:7-24) That conquest would have been impossible without Jehovah’s protective care.

???

Peace Between Man and Animals. Jehovah God promised to the Israelites, if obedient: “I will put peace in the land, and you will indeed lie down, with no one making you tremble; and I will make the injurious wild beast cease out of the land.” (Le 26:6) This meant that the wild animals would stay within the confines of their habitat and not bring harm to the Israelites and their domestic animals. On the other hand, if the Israelites proved to be disobedient, Jehovah would allow their land to be invaded and devastated by foreign armies. As this would result in reducing the population, wild animals would multiply, penetrate formerly inhabited areas, and do injury to the survivors and their domestic animals.—Compare Ex 23:29; Le 26:22; 2Ki 17:5, 6,24-26.

???

The peace promised to the Israelites in connection with the wild animals differed from that enjoyed by the first man and woman in the garden of Eden, for Adam and Eve enjoyed full dominion over the animal creation. (Ge 1:28) By contrast, in prophecy, like dominion is attributed only to Christ Jesus. (Ps 8:4-8; Heb 2:5-9) Therefore, it is under the government of Jesus Christ, “a twig out of the stump of Jesse,” or God’s “servant David,” that peace will again prevail between men and the animals. (Isa 11:1, 6-9; 65:25; Eze 34:23-25) These last cited texts have a figurative application, for it is obvious that the peace between animals, such as the wolf and the lamb, there described did not find literal fulfillment in ancient Israel. It was thus foretold that persons of harmful, beastlike disposition would cease their vicious ways and live in peace with their more docile neighbors. However, the prophetic use of the animals figuratively to portray the peaceful conditions to prevail among God’s people implies that there will also be peace among literal animals under the rule of Christ Jesus, even as there evidently was in Eden.

Jehovah created predation as well as prey with defenses against predators. Predators using poison then to kill their prey is really a reflection of Jehovah's endearing engineering.  Also, Genesis 1:30 does not teach that all animals were created as herbivorous, as that is a common misunderstanding. Additionally, God did not alter the fauna after Adam's sin or after the Deluge to function within a predator-prey dichotomy--as there are no scriptures stating that, and which could even be seen as a contradiction of Jehovah resting from creation. 

• 2 weeks later...

As I come from Africa I have often thought about it.  Some animals were created to "clean" up after others such as eating carrion.... to keep the earth fresh and clean ..... and animals will still be dying in areas where humans are not around. (Adam and Eve knew what death was because animals were/ and will/ always die when their life force runs out.)

Many animals provide a useful service....  We may have areas set aside as animal sanctuaries where animals roam free but do not harm humans when they see them. .... or animals may only catch other animals and not touch humans.......Before the flood, the fear of man was not in animals.... Jehovah put it there after the flood.  Genesis 9:2 " The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; "  This was the time when Jehovah gave them permission to eat animal flesh... so animals would fear for their lives as they knew they would be hunted.

As 1Cor 13 says : For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.  We cannot really understand these things now.

All I do know is that some of these paleontologists are not very smart - one can see they have not lived with animals because they do not seem to have observed anything. Take the T-Rex... it's eyes are on the side of its head.  Plant eaters usually have their eyes on the side of their head.  Predators on the other hand have their eyes looking forward so they can focus on the prey.

I also have seen that most predatory animals are taught by their parents how to hunt.... the perfect killer skill is not natural.  There are only a few species which are natural born killers.

Plant eaters tend to herd in numbers....... and they have found groups of footprints (T-rex) in North and south America.....  The large teeth are no surprise...... think how large the plants were during the time when the earth was a green house (when the earth still had its canopy)....

So all things are speculative - I guess we will have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

Take the T-Rex... it's eyes are on the side of its head.  Plant eaters usually have their eyes on the side of their head.  Predators on the other hand have their eyes looking forward so they can focus on the prey.

Hi Arauna, 

Actually the T. rex had eyes on the front of its head, having binocular vision. Additionally, a T. rex's tooth was found embedded within a hadrosaur's vertebrae, and a coprolite that matches with T. rex had bone fragments in it. (See footnotes 2 and 5 of my article On Predatory Dinosaurs http://jimspace3000.blogspot.com/2013/09/on-predatory-dinosaurs-faunal-predation.html.)

I do not pretend to be an expert but here is my take on what you just said:

The two main groups of Dinosaurs are either more bird-like or reptile-like (according to the bone structure).   And most experts agree that the T-Rex on the "evolution" ladder eventually became birds.  To my thinking - the experts can make as many mock-ups as they like to try to say a T-Rex had forward looking eyes.....I think it wishful thinking.... because birds have eyes always on the side of the head - and T-Rex have large eye cavities like many kinds of birds today have.  

Because the T-Rex/s forearms are so short - they could not grab their "prey.  They were also too large to ambush their prey because other animals would warn when they were approaching (like the gray Loerie does when lions approach).

So their only chance was to maybe run very fast.....to catch their prey.... and here is the catch......Most large animals cannot run fast for long periods because they will overheat and die.  Elephants do not run, but they love to go to water and cool down.  My take on this is that they were too large to run to overtake prey.

Also - they moved in groups - so the possibility exists that they may corner an animal and pull it apart but this would mean that there would be severe competition to survive in the group and they could viciously turn on each other to survive.

I think that evolutionists are running away with themselves and they can get fanciful doctorates because they cannot be proven wrong - only consensus is needed.  

I personally think the T-rex was not the vicious bird-like animal they make it out to be.  I think it lived on large bodies of water and could move faster in water.... and could eat large fish from the water.....

But this is my take on it....  I do not believe in evolution for many logical reasons.  I think most evolutionists do not understand DNA and the basic structures of life which is extremely complex....

Also the Carbon 14 test is not accurate and the presence of soft tissue found in many fossils gives evidence that they are not as old as believed.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.