The World News Media

Elders’ Training Videos for 2018: Pioneering is Just a Title, a Reward and a Punishment

Jack Ryan

Recently some secret “eldersÂ’ training videos” that are going to be used for the 2018 Kingdom Ministry School of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses were leaked online. One particular video was very disturbing; it showed a skit of three elders discussing what the religion calls “regular pioneers.” These are persons who spend a high amount of time in the preaching and proselytizing work of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses; in 2018, these pioneers were required to report a total of 840 hours for the year, equaling 70 hours per month.

The elders, in this demonstration, are discerning if three such pioneers in their congregation should be allowed to remain as pioneers, as each one has failed to meet that hourly requirement for the past year.

Despite this outright instruction to think of themselves as equals, Jehovah’s Witnesses and their elders dole out this position of pioneer, blatantly elevating it above other “publishers,” or congregation members. This is demonstrated when the men in the skit read a letter sent to all elders, dated May 1, 2017, which discusses how to handle various scenarios of pioneers who cannot meet their hours. The letter notes that a person could be considered an “infirm pioneer,” if they felt that removing the person from the pioneer ranks would be a “backward step” for them:

capture-infirmity.png

This point, that being a pioneer elevates you above the rest of the congregation, is emphasized again in that same letter, when it separates and divides the everyday congregants or publishers from these pioneers:

capture-infirmity.png

Obviously, to this woman and those whom she represents in this skit, the preaching work itself is not of importance; itÂ’s having a special title that says youÂ’re doing more than the next person thatÂ’s the real priority.

The elders sitting in a room, judging and critiquing pioneers or any congregation member without them present, about any subject, is disturbing enough. However, this video also demonstrates that pioneering is not about how effective you are in preaching and teaching, and it’s not about fulfilling any command given by Jesus, or about the people you might be helping. This title of pioneer is about just that; the title. It’s given to those who toe the company line and is taken away from those who are struggling, in order to elevate some above the congregation and then put others in their place. This harsh judging and critiquing of such ones shows that the preaching work of Jehovah’s Witnesses shouldn’t be called “field service,” but should just be called what it is; self-service.

• Views 2.8k
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recently some secret “eldersÂ’ training videos” that are going to be used for the 2018 Kingdom Ministry School of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses were leaked online. One particular video was very disturbing; it

These men claim to be leading God’s flock, following the Word of Christ.  Instead, they have thoroughly corrupted the teachings of Christ with their own precepts.  Is it any different that how the Pha

I once met this sad little lizard who was well aware that he was a small reptile in a very large pond, and the only thing he had to sustain him is the idea that he came from a long line of Dinosaurs,

Posted Images

These men claim to be leading God’s flock, following the Word of Christ.  Instead, they have thoroughly corrupted the teachings of Christ with their own precepts.  Is it any different that how the Pharisees ritualistically taught commandments of men and not of God?

He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:

‘This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men —the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”

He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.  Mark 7:6-9

…And in the Wt., it is the tradition and doctrine of rank in the organization.  There is no Bible basis for it.  

James 2:1-4 - “My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partialityFor if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, “You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?”

Gal 1:10 - "Is it, in fact, men I am now trying to persuade or God? Or am I seeking to please men? If I were yet pleasing men, I would not be Christ’s slave.”

Isa 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little.”

1 Cor 4:6 –  “Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.”

2 Cor 1:24 – “Not that we have dominion over your faith, but are fellow workers for your joy; for by faith you stand.”

Obviously, the elder body not only "think beyond what is written", but does have dominion over the faith of each JW.  They “mark” an individual as acceptable, or a failure, according to their own precepts.  Why, would anyone want to bring an individual into such captivity? 

How can it be called "the truth", when it is established on doctrine not found in God's Word; but rather, on hypocrisy?

I once met this sad little lizard who was well aware that he was a small reptile in a very large pond, and the only thing he had to sustain him is the idea that he came from a long line of Dinosaurs, that once ruled the Earth.

There is not that much happiness in the world, so I did not discourage him .... and told him he was a very fine Dinosaur, with all the respect and consideration a great and terrible Lizard should have.

Same with Pioneer Publishers .... it makes them happy, and costs nothing.

I much prefer to be addressed as "Master of Space, Time and Dimension", and thought about changing my name ... but alas .... it will not fit on my Driver's License, and would be a complete fantasy.

Same with Pioneer Publishers.

When I see one walk into a forest with an ax, a rifle, a knife, and carve a life out of nothing, and be totally self supporting .... THAT is a Pioneer.

In the meantime, it does not hurt anyone to be polite to those who think they really are Pioneers.

12 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

When I see one walk into a forest with an ax, a rifle, a knife, and carve a life out of nothing, and be totally self supporting .... THAT is a Pioneer.

When I see one walk into Bethel with a pillow, blanket and a dirty mag, and be totally self satisfying.....THAT is a Bethelite. 

Seriously, how weird does it have to be there for the wt to have to make videos about self pleasure, one for the guys and one for the girls. Now that is a leaked video, pillowgate 2018 brought to you by wt. Can't wait for the sign language version to come out. 

W

15 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Seriously, how weird does it have to be there for the wt to have to make videos about self pleasure, one for the guys and one for the girls. Now that is a leaked video, pillowgate 2018 brought to you by wt. Can't wait for the sign language version to come out. 

What !?

WHAT !?

I GOTTA see this !

Where?

"Pillowgate"  Hahahaha !

On a directly related note ......

" EL SEGUNDO, CA—After receiving hundreds of injury reports from parents across the nation, American Girl announced Thursday that it has decided to recall 50,000 dolls with chainsaws for hands. “Due to a factory error at our plants, thousands of our signature ‘Maryellen’ dolls were accidentally sent out with small chainsaws where her hands should be, so we’d like to ask anyone who purchased one—batch number A6123—to immediately take them away from their children and file a claim on our website to receive a full refund,” said vice president of global retail Wade Opland, adding that the sharp metal teeth attached to the rotating chains pose a significant risk for lacerations, and that the company would like to be proactive before any serious incidents occur. “We at American Girl offer our deepest apologies for the manufacturing oversight and are currently revising our quality assurance standards to ensure something like this doesn’t happen again.”

Chain Saw Hands Dolls    600.jpg

Source: The Onion News

This has GOT to be a fake video !

I cannot believe they would actually put out something like this!

I absolutely do NOT believe this to be real.

Although the Bible says absolutely NOTHING about this subject perhaps it's just an "Icky"  laundry problem.

I can imagine that there are videos that "leak", and people of course "leak", ( that's why as a general rule EVERYONE wears underwear), but I CANNOT believe that the Video preview that Jay Witness leaked on another Archive thread is anything but a parody, a satire, by actors. wishing to denigrate the Society, and make them look like they just fell off the turnip truck.

Until I see hard facts, showing such a real, complete,  un-edited Video... AND... can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was officially produced by the Society .... I will consider this ( works face up into a rubber mask of astonishment ) "..apostate LIES!"

No reasonable adult is THAT stupid.

That would be like WWII Allied Forces sending Circus Clown Cars against German Panzer Tanks ... the plan being to surround the German Tanks with clowns.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.