The World News Media

Did everyone notice another book added to the Watchtower Library "CD" and the WOL?

JW Insider

• Views 4.8k
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good analogy. But if you shot yourself in the foot once, would you not be extra careful from then on so you don't shoot yourself in the foot again? I mean if you shot yourself in the foot at least thr

I wonder it this is still being worked on. I am assuming it takes a lot of work to change PDF files to put them into the WOL. This is probably unrelated here, because it's doctrinal rather than t

I already said that I have learned not to trust statements made in such a manner. It seems that those who write them have not learned from the past, because they write them in the same way today.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Yes, I agree. WTJWorg Administration has been proving that for 142 years ... with black letters on white paper. 

The proof is in the eating of the pudding.  We are close to the time when all will be revealed.  Pity you spend your time with so much hate.   Jesus said he will find his true disciples in love and unity.  With whom are you united?  All the renegades?

On 7/3/2021 at 11:43 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

It is just that with nearly all of her writing devoted to her pet peeve, who has the time to search to see if there are any diamonds among the turds?

Just more sexist and insulting comments from Tom I see. Does he really think he is a Christian ? 

57 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Just more sexist and insulting comments from Tom 

Is there no word at all that you know how to use properly? The only reason anyone could possibly call my remarks sexist is that she is a woman.

She might just as well label me a man-hater for consistently calling you a dodo. 

(Now, if someone called me a bird-hater due to that last remark, I guess I’d have no choice but to repent in sackcloth.)

And now @Arauna joins in on the insults. These JW 'Christians' really love to insult people. 

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The only reason anyone could possibly call my remarks sexist is that she is a woman.

And the only reason you find to insult her IS BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN.  If she was a man and saying that they were Anointed, you would lose all your ammunition. You seem to hate that women can be Anointed and that women can prophecy. But scripture proves that both those things are possible. 

Just now, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

. You seem to hate that women can be Anointed a

I have a 89 year old friend who is anointed.  She is humble and loving and always serving others.  Now that she is older she cannot cook for others any longer ...... but she never tried to act anointed or want special attention or anything like that!  The "anointed" woman, on this forum (similar to the Jezebel mentioned in Revelation in the time of John) are not anointed or if they may have been (past tense) ...... they also have not been sealed!

7 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

id God or Christ put you in the judgement seat to judg

Her hate-OCD has convinced me she is not a child of Christ - just as your crazy rantings and misapplication of scripture has also put you in the same category.  So you love what she says - no surprise there!

13 hours ago, Arauna said:

Her hate-OCD has convinced me she is not a child of Christ - just as your crazy rantings and misapplication of scripture has also put you in the same category.  So you love what she says - no surprise there!

Pathetic answer from a lady that thinks she knows more than everyone else.  You may have seen Satan's big wide world, but you have not even glimpsed at Truth. You are so mixed up with your own thoughts of hate and OCD that you try to apply it to others. 

On 7/3/2021 at 11:01 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

Are you sure this is not a matter of “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? Kicking against the goads makes it hard for you?”

Seriously. I respect you for saying this, for many unhappy people will nonetheless maintain that they are happy, I think yielding to peer pressure that would equate being unhappy with being a loser. When you read relatively high percentages of those who say they are overall happy AND relatively high percentages of those who say they are consumed with anxiety, stress, and depression, to the point of medical treatment, you know something is amiss.

Nor would I ever suggest that all of Jehovah’s people are happy in their present life—all creation is sighing and groaning, is the way Paul puts it—but they get by with what humanists would regard as “cheating,” keeping their gaze on the things above instead of the things below, keeping their eye on the prize when tears and pain will pass away, with earth restored to paradise, looking to the resurrection hope, keeping their eye ‘simple’ in the present system, and so forth.

Of course, the GB encourages that view and builds upon it because the Bible encourages and builds upon it. It is integral to Paul saying he has learned the secret of how to be content regardless of his circumstances, in times of abundance and in times of want.

Seriously, what are you doing here, running down the GB, making that a significant project in your life? What is the point of it? Are you not kicking against the goads? 

The core doctrines of JWs all hold up in their eyes. If I recall, you have questioned what the core doctrines are, as though you would include matters of immediate timing among them. I’ve thought you must be disingenuous in the question, for every Witness knows what they are, and for that reason I don’t go there. But maybe you are sincere in the question, having been away so long, and surrounded by those on a crusade to undercut, significantly contributing to it yourself—maybe all that has served to muddy the waters on what any Witness has no problem with, confusing the ‘core doctrines’ with interpretations of just when the end will come.

Look, everyone knows that looking into the future is not a piece of cake—why keep harping on it? Witnesses are content that the bros taking the lead are doing the best they can, are overall conducting themselves honorably and in fear of God. Most importantly, on matters of advertising and safeguarding the core doctrines, they are doing splendidly. No one else is representing kingdom interests better. Never is it that ALL the core teachings are represented elsewhere, and with the majority of faiths, very few indeed are represented, even none at all. Why do you keep harping on the ones who have succeeded and are succeeding in this? Particularly if you suggest that such a course may lead ones to a place you occupy, a place where you are not very happy and have not been for a long time? What’s the point of it? 

It may be that you are dissatisfied, not the with 20% (as Arauna puts it) but with the 80% Maybe you think the Bible itself is but the word of men, and that to impute divine inspiration into it is nonsense. It is far easier to understand your critical course in this event. It is far more intellectually honest to acknowledge this as your basis for discontent. If so, these are the matters to grapple with, if that be possible, the 80%, rather than taking shots at the forecasting ability of those taking the lead in the JW organization. 

Come now, attend to these things if you can. The point is, should we die in this system of things, that we should die “old and satisfied with days.”

That was so Lovingly  said Tom…and I also respect Sekro for saying that….

8 hours ago, Arauna said:

I have a 89 year old friend who is anointed.  She is humble and loving and always serving others.  Now that she is older she cannot cook for others any longer ...... but she never tried to act anointed or want special attention or anything like that!  The "anointed" woman, on this forum (similar to the Jezebel mentioned in Revelation in the time of John) are not anointed or if they may have been (past tense) ...... they also have not been sealed!

What a lot of these so called anointed sisters fail to realise is we are still under the scriptural advise that the man is head of the woman….a truly anointed woman would know this..and even tho more than likely have much deeper understanding of the scriptures than any elder….they would recognise this and be obedient to this earthly and scriptural  laid out arrangement…and conduct in any congregation.

There is nothing humble about any of these women….they are presumptions beyond belief….