The World News Media

Did everyone notice another book added to the Watchtower Library "CD" and the WOL?

JW Insider

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

I will stipulate that among Jehovah's Witnesses the basic core truths are infinitely valuable, as well as the discipline afforded by advice of the Governing Body as to virtue, morality and righteous principles.

Is it virtuous, is it morally right to manipulate people's minds by telling them to "trust" in their guidance because 'Jehovah trusts the slave'...when it is clear by their history, that their teachings are  untrustworthy?  I can go to the Catholic church and receive guidance from the monsignor on virtue, morality and righteous principles.  They too, preach of the Kingdom to come.  They also preach that it is imperative to be baptized into their "organization", but we know they cannot lead us into truth, and neither can the Wt.  None of these man-made "mountains" contain lasting truth.   John 4:21-24

• Views 4.7k
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good analogy. But if you shot yourself in the foot once, would you not be extra careful from then on so you don't shoot yourself in the foot again? I mean if you shot yourself in the foot at least thr

I wonder it this is still being worked on. I am assuming it takes a lot of work to change PDF files to put them into the WOL. This is probably unrelated here, because it's doctrinal rather than t

I already said that I have learned not to trust statements made in such a manner. It seems that those who write them have not learned from the past, because they write them in the same way today.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

akes their credibility crash and burn.

Their core teachings are without fault and the 20% ( of the not so important things) make them crash and burn?.  Hash judgment indeed.  You may lose everlasting life because you want super perfection.  You would have judged Jesus I m sure.  Luckily, every individual's righteousness comes from Jehovah and not from human opinion.  

52 minutes ago, Arauna said:

You may lose everlasting life because you want super perfection

Jesus expects us to desire truth, since truth contains eternal life.  Why else would he encourage us to seek and ask for it, as for hid treasure?  Matt 7:7,8

Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me. 17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. 18 Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."  John 7:16-18

Each wrong teaching, wrong doctrine of Wt's leadership proves they speak "on their own"...for their own personal glory.  A "man of truth", a man whose words are not falsehoods/ever changing teachings, would speak in harmony with Christ's truths.  Their teachings would remain.

My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.

For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

7 He holds success in store for the upright,
    he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
    and protects the way of his faithful ones.  Proverbs 2

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

You may lose everlasting life because you want super perfection.  You would have judged Jesus I m sure.

I am not looking for perfection. I would not have judged Jesus.

Your premises are flawed, and painted with the wrong color with an overly broad brush.

Until the ONE SENTENCE (if memory serves) in the February 2017 Watchtower, the leadership of the Society was quite content to LET, by inference HEAVILY implied and repeated over, and over, and over ........ and over and over and over ... that they WERE inspired and infallible., and make such presumptuous and cringe worthy (paraphrased) statements as "Jehovah and Christ Jesus trusts us, so therefore you can trust us"

.... makes me want to hold my hand tightly over my wallet.

... uh ... if I had a wallet .....

...which brings up "DOGCOIN".

Sorta like "BitCoin", but with a happy Puppy on the face of each coin!

If you invest now at $1.00 per coin, each one printed on the face of a dog biscuit that tastes like cardboard, it will quickly grow to be worth THOUSANDS of times that!

The potential is infinite and everlasting!

...after all ... If Everyone in the banking and investment community believes in "BitCoin", you can believe in "DOGCOIN"!

....wherever fine Pet Supplies are sold.

3 hours ago, Witness said:

their teachings are  untrustworthy

Are you calling all the core teachings such as Jehovah's name, mortality of the soul, Babylon the great, political neutrality and much more ... untrustworthy?    You again paint with a very broad brush and use a judgmental measuring stick...... 

again..... hate-OCD.  You never disappoint. Always revert back to the hate MO.

22 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Are you calling all the core teachings such as Jehovah's name, mortality of the soul, Babylon the great, political neutrality and much more ... untrustworthy? 

Yeah, what about that @Witness? Do you believe in any of the core teachings? Which ones & which ones not?

Imagine! A person should be one this platform ceaselessly for 5 years and it should be necessary to ask her that.

6 hours ago, Arauna said:

Are you calling all the core teachings such as Jehovah's name, mortality of the soul, Babylon the great, political neutrality and much more ... untrustworthy? 

Most are untrustworthy, except a few, but the one "core" teaching that "captured" me, was the righteous living on a cleansed earth forever. This includes the anointed who once sealed, are both spirit and human.  This promise was given to Jacob, the grandson of Abraham - Jacob is "Israel".  "Israel" are the anointed. (Gen 28:10-17; John 1:51; Rom 9:6-9; Gal 4:26,28; 1 Pet 1:23) 

But, "Jehovah's name"?  What, speaking a hybrid form of the tetragrammaton?  That means nothing.  Knowing God through His righteous decrees, His Son and His teachings, mean everything.  That, is more important that saying, "Jehovah".  

Babylon the great...

There are two choices of covenants – one of life in Jesus Christ  and the Father, (New Covenant) and one of death in Satan.  You remember that “women” are covenants/promises. You said so yourself a while back.  Gal 4:26

“Babylon the Great” is a promise - another “woman”. (Rev 17:5)  Those under this promise are her “children”.  “She” has “daughters”, who are spiritual harlots just as their “mother” is. (Rev 17:3,4)

The New Covenant promise of life, also has “children”.  This “mother” has “daughters”/spiritual virgins who when united with their Bride, Jesus Christ, introduce the rest of God’s children into the Kingdom.

Each covenant produces “seed”.  Gen 3:15

Isa 28:15 describes the covenant of death:

You boast, “We have entered into a covenant with death,
    with the realm of the dead we have made an agreement.
When an overwhelming scourge sweeps by,
    it cannot touch us,
for we have made a lie our refuge
    and falsehood our hiding place
.”

The Pharisees as part of God’s Israel, were under this covenant. They relied on their lies and rejected life in Jesus Christ.  But saying that Christendom is “Babylon the Great” is really a misnomer, since we are individually under the promise that we choose. It depends on our heart’s desire for truth or for lies. (2 Thess 2:9-12)   The Catholic Church teaches the trinity.  Is this why you might say they are part of “Babylon” and the Wt. is not?  How is that teaching any worse than the predicted doctrines of 1975, 1914, 1925, 1932…as dates for Armageddon, and all their correlated teachings?  Or, the many failures of the generation teaching?  Are they not all lies? Can JWs discern a lie from truth?  God’s holy people must look at their own “house” under Jesus Christ. (Eph 2:20-22) The anointed Body of Christ is under scrutiny for accepting, believing and teaching falsehoods under a spiritual “harlot”.  (Rev 13:11,12; Rev 17:1,2 ) The Wt. is a haven for its lies and its hidden sins, and JWs have been trained to turn their eyes away from their own “Babylon”.  Your leaders have always pointed the accusing finger to those on the “outside”. 1 Cor 5:12,13

Political neutrality, and I suppose you mean fighting in wars...  

Personally, I don’t condone military combat and I don't get involved in the news of politics as you do; but, if JWs are not going to war, taking up arms, does this cover over a multitude of falsehoods? Does not going to war make you, “no part of the world”? The Pharisees didn’t go to war. About wanting Jesus killed, they said "it is not lawful for us to put anyone to death".  (John 18:31) The leaders handed him over to the Gentiles; much like your leadership hands over anointed priests to spiritual “Gentiles”/elders, who are then symbolically “killed”, for turning to Jesus Christ and rejecting the organization’s falsehoods. (Mark 15:15; Matt 27:27-37;  John 18:31; 16:2; Rev 13:15;11:1-3,7)

Jesus told the Jews that they were part of the world.   “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.” John 8:23,24

When Jesus’ teachings are rejected for the teachings of man, such as the pattern your leadership has developed, they and their believers, become “part of the world”.

There are three instances where (political) soldiers were not judged for their position, but judged according to their faith in the truth and in Jesus Christ. John the Baptist was asked by soldiers, “And what shall we do?” So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.” Luke 3:14

In the account where Jesus healed the servant of a centurion soldier, he said,  “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!”   Matt 8:10

And we have the account of Cornelius, the centurion who, with all those with him, received the gift of Holy Spirit. (Acts 10:44-46)

Harlot and Beast

9 hours ago, Anna said:

a silly series on Netflix called Manifest (I'm not saying the pure worship book is silly). It is quite entertaining though, and I like watching it.

I fell for that series, too. For me, it's entertaining because the writer(s) were aware of how only a five-year absence would change lives so dramatically in so many different ways. It's a small-scale "resurrection fantasy." The characters in the story who were trying hard to give a religious meaning to their experience appear to have given up early on making it fit their defined concepts of religion. It becomes more of a more secular "the-Universe-is-calling" and "we-are-all-connected" story, but even those experiences are subject to wildly different interpretations after a mix of both positive and negative "Universe callings." In the sense that it is about realistic and understandable ways in which average people might respond to something "supernatural" I think they did a credible job. But I am also happy to criticize it, of course. 😎

Some very recent JW Broadcasting and Watchtower comments have encouraged a little more use of our imagination (and even speculation) when we come across ideas in our Bible reading. I think that "Manifest" is a little like someone hearing the following verse, with a very shallow concept of resurrection, and imagining all the many possible scenarios of similar situations:

(Matthew 22:28) . . .So in the resurrection, of the seven, whose wife will she be? For they all had her as a wife.”

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.