The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses former members tell court they were subjected to ‘total control’

Guest Nicole

• Views 13.1k
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baloney.   

How WE see us: How some RUSSIANS sees us:

No one is pressured into doing anything they don`t want to, Jehovah wants willingness not forced

Posted Images

6 hours ago, AveragePub said:

Be patient, we'll know shortly.

What if it is already in the works?

This is how the power of God’s anointed people in the organization is coming to an end - brought to nothing:

Wt 02/8/1 - “REPRESENTING THE ROYAL PRIESTHOOD ARE APPOINTED ELDERS, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not. Why? Because, through his holy spirit, Jehovah has appointed the older men to their positions."

Isa 1:12; Dan 8:10; Matt 24:15; (Phil 2:15; Heb 11:12) 1 Cor 6:19; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17

Wt 14/6/15 – “Why do we obey the elders? Because we appreciate these “gifts in men” and we love Jehovah and Christ, the Head of the congregation.—Ephesians 4:8; 5:23; Hebrews 13:17.

These scriptures pertain to the anointed Body of Christ, NOT the Body of Elders, who are a counterfeit priesthood.  Eph 4:11-13 goes on to describe some the gifts given to anointed ones, the "saints". Eph 5:23 makes reference to the Bride of Christ, the "144,000".  And Heb 13:17 refers to the anointed priesthood, who in ancient times were the "teachers" of the people.  (Deut 24:8; Mal 2:7)  They are God's "gifts in men", and the Temple/Body of Christ.

Wt 16/1 pp. 20-26 - “Anointed Christians do not feel that they should spend time only with other anointed ones, as if they were members of a club. They do not try to find other anointed ones so that they can talk about being anointed or meet in groups to study the Bible.”

All of this is the shutting down of the power of God's anointed ones. 2 Thess 2:3,4

10 hours ago, AveragePub said:

Those referred to in this verse are not anointed. Nice try though.  

Exactly.  The Body of Elders are not anointed ones, as a whole, are they?

The royal priesthood is God's sanctuary; His sanctuary is His Temple, His House.  They are God's spiritual "Jews".

"having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,  in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,  in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."  Eph 2:20-22

"but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God."  Rom 2:29

To take away the appointed  role of God's priesthood is the same as bringing that power to nothing.  Just as Gentiles were never allowed in God's Temple, it is not allowed for these Temple priests  to be pushed aside, "trampled" and silenced by others - spiritual "Gentiles".   God's decrees do not change.

“Now say to the rebellious, to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “O house of Israel, let Us have no more of all your abominations. When you brought in foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in My sanctuary to defile it—My house—and when you offered My food, the fat and the blood, then they broke My covenant because of all your abominations. And you have not kept charge of My holy things, but you have set others to keep charge of My sanctuary for you.”  Ezek 44:6-8

Isn't this what the Watchtower has done, set others up to represent God's Temple?

"who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.  2 Thess 2:4

Not only has the anointed priesthood been replaced, they are silenced; admonished to not connect with other anointed ones.  This is a culture of control.

1 hour ago, AveragePub said:

Seems you like to tear down.  Where are you building?

The question might be asked, what is the Watchtower building.

By creating their own priesthood, the Watchtower has laid a “foundation other than that which is already laid, which is Jesus Christ”.  1 Cor 3:11

Christ is the cornerstone of the foundation of the Temple of God.  The foundation includes the apostles and prophets.  Each anointed one is a “living stone” built upon this foundation.

“For we are God’s fellow workers.  You are God’s field, God’s building.”  1 Cor 3:9

“Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,  you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”[b]

Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,“The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone,”

and

“A stone of stumbling
And a rock of offense.”

They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed."  

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.” 1 Pet 2:4-10

Each anointed one is a steward of God’s word.  They are to be faithful as servants to Christ and the Father. 1 Cor 4:1,2  In the organization, they MUST obey the Body of Elders, BEFORE giving obedience to their Master, otherwise they are disfellowshiped. 

Wouldn’t you call this, “tearing down” the Temple,  - “destroying” it?

To the chosen ones, Paul said,

“For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not being merely human?”   1 Cor 3:4

Should God’s anointed priesthood follow an elder body? Or should the congregation follow the direction of the anointed priesthood?

“For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.  Mal 2:7

“If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.”  1 Cor 3:17

What you may think that I am tearing down is actually a falsehood, prophesied to overcome the remnant during the end times. 

“His forces will rise up and desecrate the temple fortress. They will abolish the daily sacrifice (Heb 13:15) and set up the abomination of desolation.”  Dan 11:31

Isa 63:18; Jer 12:10; Dan 8:13; Luke 21:24; Rev 13:14; 2 Thess 2:9

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isa+63%3A18%3B+Jer+12%3A10%3B+Dan+8%3A13%3B+Luke+21%3A24%3B+Rev+13%3A14%3B+2+Thess+2%3A9&version=HCSB

2 hours ago, AveragePub said:

OK.  We know what you are against.  What are you for?

What am I for.  Shouldn’t we all be “for” truth, as outlined in the scriptures?  John 14:6  For salvation only possible through Christ?  Acts 4:12 

Shouldn’t we put our hope in the administration that God set up under His Son, Jesus Christ?  Eph 1:1-10; Rom 8:19-25

Shouldn’t we, after all the examples we have in the bible of God’s chosen people transgressing His laws, take heed of what happens? 1 Cor 10:11 God’s people were under oppression because of transgressing God’s decrees.  James 2:10 Today, God’s laws have seriously been broken, and although the Watchtower acts as if God doesn’t see it or care, He certainly does.

Am I a God near at hand,” says the Lord,
“And not a God afar off?
 Can anyone hide himself in secret places,
So I shall not see him?” says the Lord;
“Do I not fill heaven and earth?” says the Lord. Jer 23:23,24

If anyone can perceive the oppression of God’s anointed people today under a “Gentile” rule (Body of Elders), they are to flee.

Matt 24:15,16; Rev 1:1-3; Rev 11:1-4; Zech 4:11-14; Ps 85:1; Isa 43:1;

I do not support any religion, only the spiritual Body of Christ, which is Mount Zion/God’s Temple.  Ps 102:1-22; Isa 65

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I like @AveragePub

With a mere phrase or two, he demolishes mounds of drivel.

#signherekid

God’s Laws appear to be drivel

God’s Temple appears to be drivel

The Body of Christ appears to be drivel

Christ’s love for his brothers appears to be drivel

Christ appears to be drivel; barely mentioned in the summer convention talks as an example of endurance. 

Scriptures appear to be drivel

Why read the bible?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.