The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses former members tell court they were subjected to ‘total control’

Guest Nicole

1 hour ago, Witness said:

You would have a point if the GB was anything like Moses,

You would have a point if the GB ever implied anything like that. We all know the "greater" Moses is Jesus.

• Views 13.1k
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baloney.   

How WE see us: How some RUSSIANS sees us:

No one is pressured into doing anything they don`t want to, Jehovah wants willingness not forced

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Anna said:

You would have a point if the GB ever implied anything like that. We all know the "greater" Moses is Jesus.

"Jesus delighted to do the will of his Father and spoke of it as food to him. (Joh 4:32, 34) He foretold that he would appoint “the faithful and discreet slave” to give (spiritual) food at the proper time to his disciples. (Mt 24:44-47; see FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE.) Just as Moses had told the Israelites: “Not by bread alone does man live but by every expression of Jehovah’s mouth does man live” (De 8:3), Jesus encouraged his followers to seek, not the material food, but the food that remains for life everlasting. (Joh 6:26, 27; compare Hab 3:17, 18.)" it 1 843-845

W"hat do you do when the faithful and discreet slave tells you to try a way of preaching that you never tried before? Do you obey even if this way of preaching seems very difficult to you?"  WT 11/7/15 pp 22-27

“But we are acting against Jehovah’s purpose if we do not obey the faithful and discreet slave or if we choose to obey only what we think is important.”  Wt 11/ 7/15 pp. 17-21

Tell me that there is no comparison of the GB to Moses in these paragraphs.  Moses, who told the people to obey God, while the GB tells the people to obey them.   The only time that Moses said “obey me” was when he was speaking to God and said, “What if they won’t believe me and will not obey me but say, ‘The Lord did not appear to you’?”  Exod 4:1

“This Moses, whom they rejected when they said, Who appointed you a ruler and a judge?—this one God sent as a ruler and a redeemer by means of the angel who appeared to him in the bush. 36 This man led them out and performed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, at the Red Sea, and in the wilderness 40 years.

“This is the Moses who said to the Israelites, God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from among your brothers. 38 He is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness together with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our ancestors. He received living oracles to give to us. 39 Our ancestors were unwilling to obey him, but pushed him away, and in their hearts turned back to Egypt.”  Acts 7:35-39

Moses, the mediator for God’s people – Jesus, the mediator for God’s people.

JWs have “turned back to Egypt” and allow others to rule over them.

It is of interest that the very arguments that the ones on the "outside" like the anti-cultist apostates from the Russian Ministry of Injustice say about "disfellowshipping"  and "some" here on this forum about those having "total control"  are EXACTLY the same arguments Korah brought up in Numbers Cp. 16. Like those taking the lead in Jehovah's Organization are "tyrannical"  "Now do you also want to make yourself an absolute ruler over us? as well as "Why, then, should you exalt yourselves above the congregation of Jehovah?  Num 16. Those were the words the REBELS said not the loyal ones!  Jehovah says showing such disrespect to his imperfect human reps such as Moses and Aaron was showing disrespect to Him. And we know what happened.

Witness : Why are you so upset with me? I did not even mention your name - interesting. :D

"For this reason, you and all your supporters who are gathering together are against Jehovah. As for Aaron, who is he that you should murmur against him?" Num 16:11.

21 minutes ago, bruceq said:

It is of interest that the very arguments that the ones on the "outside" like the anti-cultist apostates from the Russian Ministry of Injustice say about "disfellowshipping"  and "some" here on this forum about those having "total control"  are EXACTLY the same arguments Korah brought up in Numbers Cp. 16. Like those taking the lead in Jehovah's Organization are "tyrannical"  "Now do you also want to make yourself an absolute ruler over us? as well as "Why, then, should you exalt yourselves above the congregation of Jehovah?  Num 16. Those were the words the REBELS said not the loyal ones!  Jehovah says showing such disrespect to his imperfect human reps such as Moses and Aaron was showing disrespect to Him. And we know what happened.

Witness : Why are you so upset with me? I did not even mention your name - interesting. :D

"For this reason, you and all your supporters who are gathering together are against Jehovah. As for Aaron, who is he that you should murmur against him?" Num 16:11.

I'm not upset with you at all. Just pointing out who really displays the attitude of Korah. :)  

Just now, Witness said:

I'm not upset with you at all. Just pointing out who really displays the attitude of Korah. :)  

“Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine,  so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open". Matt. 7:6.:D

1 hour ago, AveragePub said:

I guess it depends how one defines "successfully overcomes".

If the power of a group of people, God's anointed ones, is "shattered" (Dan 12:7), "broken", "brought to nothing" or "comes to an end", according to various translations,  that's pretty successful.

9 minutes ago, bruceq said:

“Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine,  so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open". Matt. 7:6.:D

So very true. :)

“ Let the unrighteous go on in unrighteousness; let the filthy go on being made filthy; let the righteous go on in righteousness; and let the holy go on being made holy.”

“Look! I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me to repay each person according to what he has done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

“Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates. Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to attest these things to you for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright Morning Star.”  Rev 22:11-16

“Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine,  so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open". Matt. 7:6

Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. Rev. 22:15

“Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.” 1 Cor. 5:12

Footnote "dogs" :That is, those whose practices are disgusting in God’s eyes.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/respond-to-accusations/

Jehovah’s Witnesses follow the Bible’s advice not to respond to all accusations and instances of ridicule. For example, a Bible proverb says: “The one who corrects a ridiculer invites dishonor.” (Proverbs 9:7, 8; 26:4) Rather than being pulled into quarreling by an undue concern over false accusations, we focus on pleasing God.Psalm 119:69.

Of course, there is “a time to be silent and a time to speak.” (Ecclesiastes 3:7) We respond to sincere people who are interested in finding out the truth, but we avoid getting into pointless arguments. We thus follow the teachings and examples of Jesus and the early Christians.

• Jesus made no answer when he was falsely accused before Pilate. (Matthew 27:11-14; 1 Peter 2:21-23) Likewise, Jesus did not respond to accusations of being a drunkard and a glutton. Instead, he let his actions speak for themselves, in harmony with the principle: “Wisdom is vindicated by its results.” (Matthew 11:19, footnote) When the circumstances called for it, though, he boldly responded to those who slandered him.Matthew 15:1-3; Mark 3:22-30.

Jesus taught his followers not to be discouraged by false accusations. He said: “Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.” (Matthew 5:11, 12) Yet, Jesus also said that when such accusations opened the way for his followers to give a witness, he would fulfill his promise: “I will give you words and wisdom that all your opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute.”Luke 21:12-15.

• The apostle Paul counseled Christians to avoid pointless disputes with opposers, describing such arguments as “unprofitable and futile.”Titus 3:9; Romans 16:17, 18.

• The apostle Peter encouraged Christians to defend their faith when possible. (1 Peter 3:15) Yet he recognized that this is often best done by action rather than by word. He wrote: “By doing good you may silence the ignorant talk of unreasonable men.”1 Peter 2:12-15.

On 5/8/2017 at 0:52 PM, Witness said:

If the power of a group of people, God's anointed ones, is "shattered" (Dan 12:7), "broken", "brought to nothing" or "comes to an end", according to various translations,  that's pretty successful.

That ain't gonna' happen.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.