The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses former members tell court they were subjected to ‘total control’

Guest Nicole

31 minutes ago, AveragePub said:

Go therefore knock on some doors! 

The internet is much more efficient for reaching the multitude (of JWs).  Besides, Jesus said, "Don't be moving from house to house".  Luke 10:7

• Views 13.1k
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baloney.   

How WE see us: How some RUSSIANS sees us:

No one is pressured into doing anything they don`t want to, Jehovah wants willingness not forced

Posted Images

@Witness  ( Exactly.  The Body of Elders are not anointed ones, as a whole, are they? )

Thats  not  really  true,  my  Brother....  I  posted  last  year  a  Memorial  photo,  and  all  could  see,  an  Elder  on  the  stage  has  taken  from  the  wine 9_9The  Librarian  was  wondering  too... What  will  us  tell  that ?  Also  an  Elder  can  belong  to  the  anointed  ones !  Why  not ?

46 minutes ago, Queen Esther said:

@Witness  ( Exactly.  The Body of Elders are not anointed ones, as a whole, are they? )

Thats  not  really  true,  my  Brother....  I  posted  last  year  a  Memorial  photo,  and  all  could  see,  an  Elder  on  the  stage  has  taken  from  the  wine 9_9The  Librarian  was  wondering  too... What  will  us  tell  that ?  Also  an  Elder  can  belong  to  the  anointed  ones !  Why  not ?

Thank you, Queen Esther.  Notice that I said, "as a whole".  How many elders are there in the organization compared to how many anointed ones altogether, and how many of those anointed ones are elders, considering many anointed ones are women?   If even one "Gentile" sits in God's Temple as a priest, the Temple/ sanctuary is defiled.  In the ancient temple arrangement, no Gentile was allowed within the Temple.  2 Chron 26:18; Nehemiah 10:39; Matt 24:4  give examples.  

3 hours ago, Witness said:

Why read the bible?  [Edited, per JTR's advice]

'bible' should be capitalized.

We read it because it contains God's instructions for us.

Unfortunately, the last time I got into it with Witness, she or one of her compatriots complained and admin took the entire thread down. It possibly was not her - it may have been the woman who uses the violin picture so as to deceive people into thinking that she is sympathetic to the cause. Or maybe JTR, he was the third participant. I never found out who.

Apparently I am expected to play nice with these guys and I just can't bring myself to do it.

Oh Tom! Tom, Tommy Tom Tom .....

I have never taken an insult from you, even IF one was intended ... I have never been offended by your continuous ad-hominid attacks instead of discussing issues.   To the best of my knowledge, I cannot be insulted, and I certainly don't expect you to hold back on whatever it is you believe to be true.

Please feel free to pull alongside, open the gun ports, and give me a cannonade of your best shot.

FREEDOM is when you have the right to say ANYTHING you want .... also to fire back.

30 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I have never taken an insult from you, even IF one was intended ... I have never been offended by your continuous ad-hominid attacks instead of discussing issues.  

All I said was that it might have been you. How can anyone argue with that?

And I have never done any of the evil things you seem to accuse me of. Nothing but boundless joy and gushing love here.

17 hours ago, AveragePub said:

When your new religion 

The Body of Christ has been around since Christ walked the earth.  John 2:19-21; 1 Cor 12:12,14, 26,27

17 hours ago, AveragePub said:

has Gods demonstrated support feel free to get back to me.

This is a condescending attempt to prove the power of God by the productivity of an organization.  Phil 3:18,19; Col 3:2  He doesn’t need an organization to demonstrate His power and support; even if that was the case, where was His demonstration of support in Russia?

“His wisdom is profound, his power is vast.
    Who has resisted him and come out unscathed?
 He moves mountains without their knowing it
    and overturns them in his anger.
 He shakes the earth from its place
    and makes its pillars tremble.
 He speaks to the sun and it does not shine;
    he seals off the light of the stars.
 He alone stretches out the heavens
    and treads on the waves of the sea.
 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
    the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
    miracles that cannot be counted.
 When he passes me, I cannot see him;
    when he goes by, I cannot perceive him.
 If he snatches away, who can stop him?
    Who can say to him, ‘What are you doing?’  Job 9:1-12 

In the history of the bible (Bible) when has God deemed it necessary to use the world’s tools and money (belonging to Satan) to show His power and support toward his chosen people?   Men demonstrate the power of men in this manner.  There is nothing miraculous or unique about the success of the organization when comparing it to the corporation giants over the last century, or mankind’s accomplishments over the span of history. The Mormon religion was kindled at the same time as the Watchtower; if you count numbers, it has surpassed the organization with double the amount of members. They also have 4 universities under their belt.  Do they have God’s support?  They definitely think so.  

It is known that the city of Babylon was “one of the glories of the ancient world”.  Science is considering bringing the Woolly Mammoth back from DNA specimens; we have instant communication, instant travel, men went to the moon. These are pretty amazing accomplishments by men that do not support God's outworking of His will.  God can and has manipulated worldly events and entities to fulfill His will. The God of miracles uses unique demonstrations of His power, and very often He uses simple people to carry them out. 

This doesn’t negate the Watchtower’s vision of itself as a rich and glorious feat of ‘works and wonders’.  Money can accomplish great achievements in Satan’s world.  That too, was prophesied, “in the latter days”; and how a “Beast” “was given power to wage war against God’s holy people/”saints”/anointed ones,  and to conquer them”. Dan 8:23-26; 2 Thess 2:9-12; Rev 13:3-17; Rev 18: 4-8  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Dan+8%3A23-26%3B+2+Thess+2%3A9-12%3B+Rev+13%3A3-17%3B+Rev+18%3A+4-8&version=HCSB

Is there any indication of this fulfillment coming against the anointed ones as anywhere else in Satan’s world?  No, the anointed are located in the Watchtower, where they have submitted themselves to a culture of control; and there each heart’s desire will be tested, according to the foundation of Truth in Christ.   Luke 22:31; 1 Pet 4:12; James 22:31;  James 5:10,11; Job 1:8,12; John 15:20; Rev 12:10; 1 John 2:14  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+22%3A31%3B+1+Pet+4%3A12%3B+James+22%3A31%3B++James+5%3A10%2C11%3B+Job+1%3A8%2C12%3B+John+15%3A20%3B+Rev+12%3A10%3B+1+John+2%3A14+&version=NIV

Notice in Dan 11:31-35 that those anointed ones who break free of this obedience to men are “aided with a little help”, (such as a computer and the internet) to do what?  To call Christ’s brothers and brethren out of symbolic "Babylon" where they are held captive to failed doctrine, idolatry, oppression, and obedience to men. Zech 4:6; 1 Cor 1:27; 2 Cor 12:9; Rev 11:1-3  

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Zech.4%3A6%3B 1Cor.1%3A27%3B 2Cor.12%3A9%3B+Rev+11%3A1-3&version=HCSB

Job 12:13-25

1 hour ago, AveragePub said:

Wait for it.

We need wait no more. JWBroadcasting now reporting on increased attention worldwide as result of the ban and resulting publicity, people checking to see if jw. org is really extremist and finding it is not. Knowledge of this contribution to the worldwide ministry will fortify Russian brothers for some time to come.

Thank you, Witness, for adding to the letter count, and thus magnifying attention. They were all sunk to the bottom of the sea anyway, most likely. But the impression of the count is overwhelming. Just ask Guinness.

2 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

We need wait no more. JWBroadcasting now reporting on increased attention worldwide as result of the ban and resulting publicity, people checking to see if jw. org is really extremist and finding it is not. Knowledge of this contribution to the worldwide ministry will fortify Russian brothers for some time to come.

Thank you, Witness, for adding to the letter count, and thus magnifying attention. They were all sunk to the bottom of the sea anyway, most likely. But the impression of the count is overwhelming. Just ask Guinness.

Yes thank you all who are publicizing about Jehovah and His people even if you hate them

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.