The World News Media

So my group overseer just texted this to me. Can someone please explain? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦

Jack Ryan

1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

So no I'm not going to bend MY knee to these men who want to control my personal life, but rather "leave it in Jehovah's hands"

Yes, yes. All very eloquent. But where are you going on your vacation?

Look, there is only so much seriousness I can muster for this. I don’t even know that it is genuine. If it is, it may be just a personal quirk, someone one-upping the request to know where people are in the event of an emergency. I have never been asked such a thing, nor have I ever heard of it from anyone.

He probably is just making up schedules and wants to know when not to put people on them. 

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

or an over-controlling busybody sticking their nose into business that doesn't pertain to them. 

It is only because of the quick wording that the message might be taken that way. He scribbled it hastily to a handful of close people that he thought he knew well, people who would not take offense a

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Yes, yes. All very eloquent. But where are you going on your vacation?

Look, there is only so much seriousness I can muster for this. I don’t even know that it is genuine. If it is, it may be just a personal quirk, someone one-upping the request to know where people are in the event of an emergency. I have never been asked such a thing, nor have I ever heard of it from anyone.

He probably is just making up schedules and wants to know when not to put people on them. 

i guess you're right. We don't know his motive, but the request is out of the ordinary and a bit controlling.

21 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

We don't know his motive, but the request is out of the ordinary and a bit controlling.

8 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

I've also found that some people just can't allow themselves to admit, when someone they normally don't agree with, is correct. 

It does come across as sort of odd, I agree.

Honestly, I cannot imagine our group overseer ever sending a text like that. Nor anyone else in our cong. for that matter. Especially not the "I just need to keep a track of you" bit. That just sounds too creepy. But everybody is different, as are cultures. What sounds ok to some, sounds weird to another.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.