The World News Media

Millions Now Living Will Never Die! by J.F. Rutherford ??????????? A few questions.

Patiently waiting for Truth

8 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

But how did you relate that to the point that the IBSA under Rutherford didn't consist of 'millions' of people ?

I think similar to you, that Rutherford may have meant people who were not yet Bible Students could be saved. At that time, as you know, there were no "Jehovah’s Witnesses", only Bible students associated with Russel and Co, Rutherford and Co, IBSA and WT. I think it must have been kind of ambiguous and not clear cut as it is today. Keep in mind Jesus' words about the criterion for salvation. In any case, I am sure Rutherfords intention for using those words was to bring a positive message of hope to everyone (to those not associated) because that was the purpose of the preaching campaign, to bring good news to people, as Jesus said would happen. Of course he was off with the timing, and shouldn't have put an actual time frame on it like he did. But he was so sure...

• Views 9.3k
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just glanced at what was said above. It seems it is a much created fluffy storm in a tea cup  - about nothing!  If I were living in 1919 or in 1935,  and finally understood the scriptures which

The historical context is interesting because it confirms today’s perception of the past historical context. And that is: They expected Armageddon and the establishment of an earthly Paradise during t

JFR was probably not even including those who were already Bible Students (proto-JWs) to be numbered in those millions. ALL of the Bible Students were included in the 144,000 going to heaven, but in t

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In 1920, WTJWorg wrote and spoke nonsense. Why would anyone today have to believe they don’t do that anymore?

Those who are spiritually dying the second death don't believe then and like minded ones today still don't believe. Disfellowshiping a diseased one is a loving thing to do to keep the healthy and faithful free from disease spreading to the congregation.  However one should note, a person who is dying the second death is never redeemed, rather they have been abandoned. 

Just like in Jesus days on the earth when he stated to Believers, "Everyone who is Living and exercises faith in me Will Never Die At All." (John 11:26)

Today, there are many dying the second death as King Abaddon orders his angels to bundle up those who are stumbling others.  And that is a very good thing. 😁  Soon the Great Crowd will emerge... Forward March!

37 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In 1920, WTJWorg wrote and spoke nonsense. Why would anyone today have to believe they don’t do that anymore?

Because they’ve had 100 years to refine. Others weren’t doing much of anything back then beyond running the trinitarian/hellfire route.

If you have to go back 100 years to dig up dirt, there can’t be too much dirt to dig.

3 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Because they’ve had 100 years to refine. Others weren’t doing much of anything back then beyond running the trinitarian/hellfire route.

If you have to go back 100 years to dig up dirt, there can’t be too much dirt to dig.

Ya... what he said. If you went back almost two thousand years even Jesus Christ was teaching "Everyone who is Living and exercises faith in me Will Never Die At All." (John 11:26)

So there...  🙂

I am happy that my questions have provided food for thought. 

It is rather a shame that they have brought some comments from people who appear to be spiritualy unwell (Rando) and from people that just wish to divert conversation.

13 hours ago, Anna said:

I think it must have been kind of ambiguous and not clear cut as it is today.

I would love you to widen out on this part of your comment Anna. I don't actually know the very latest teaching on this.

I was taught that a person must be a baptised JW to be 'in the Ark' of the Organisation, but I don't know if that is still taught so strictly. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note : I was quite surprised to find that Mr Rando is in the JW ONLY club. Someone must think that Rando is really a JW ??? :)   

39 minutes ago, BroRando said:

Today, there are many dying the second death as King Abaddon orders his angels to bundle up those who are stumbling others.  And that is a very good thing.

It appears, you are the only sensible person here so far. It would seem, it doesn’t matter how Brother Rutherford views are handled, it points to the same conclusion with his written works.

1921 Joseph Rutherford The Harp of God page 239

These books are the first clear explanation of the divine plan ever published. In addition to the above, he published and widely circulated various booklets, 'What Say the Scriptures About Hell ?" “Spiritism," "The Bible Versus Evolution," 'Tabernacle Shadows," and many other tracts, pamphlets, etc. He was the author of the Photo-Drama of Creation, as well as the scenario used for this drama, which gives an outline of the divine plan from the creation to the times of restitution. He organized and conducted a lecture bureau which employed a large force of Bible lecturers who traveled and who yet travel throughout the world, proclaiming the message of the divine plan.

Therefore, this statement to Noah is a positive promise that never again will the earth witness the destruction of every living thing. Seeing, then, that we are at the end of the old order and the opening of the new, and that according to the Scriptures many must pass over to the new, it can be confidently announced that MILLIONS OF PEOPLE NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE, because these being offered restitution blessings the presumption must be indulged that many of them will accept and be obedient to the new order of things. Page 333

1924–Hell-What is it? Page 51-52

The apostle Paul plainly states that the death and resurrection of. Jesus, a guarantee that the dead in their tombs shall come forth. (1 Corinthians 15:12-25) Again, he says : Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by man whom hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."-Acts 17 :31.

St. Peter says : "Times of refreshing shall come from the face of Jehovah ; and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."-Acts 3 : 19-21.

15 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Because they’ve had 100 years to refine.

Sorry, this is outside the proper mode of proof and without solid evidence. The filtering of dogmas, which you mention, does not mean that the dogmas have indeed become true, but only that they have been filtered through another interpretive model.

13 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You have repeated the same paragraph several times. So, all the people who showed faith in Jesus, and it started 2,000 years ago, aren’t dead?

And you and the lady who is the OP keep rejecting Jesus Christ.  Never means never doesn't it? Are you two now going to ask if Jesus meant what he said?  Are you now claiming he was wrong?   I Believe but you have no faith... a person with no faith will tell you they have no holy spirit because they are forced to say so.

I wonder if anyone can find that quote from the OP that states she doesn't have holy spirit.. just a note..

The truth never changes, it's a Bible Principle. It doesn't matter how much time passes or circumstances change.  This teaching from my Lord and Savior is true! 

"Everyone who is Living and exercises faith in me Will Never Die At All." (John 11:26)

10 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Are they dead or not?

So now we all know you  and all your cohorts don't believe in Jesus Christ.  You're gathering quite a big click. Well... actually the angels are collecting you.  Happy to see it.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.