The World News Media

Millions Now Living Will Never Die! by J.F. Rutherford ??????????? A few questions.

Patiently waiting for Truth

13 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Patiently is confused about Rando (who is not NoisySrecko/BillyTheKid) . . .

And BroRando is confused about Patiently who is not "Witness" or "Pearl."

To be honest, from my viewpoint, this is all tongue in cheek. It helps me to laugh at some of the accusations that are flung at me by certain ones...... I do however find that I am 'condemned to death' by those I've mentioned. It seems to be a patern. 

• Views 9.3k
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just glanced at what was said above. It seems it is a much created fluffy storm in a tea cup  - about nothing!  If I were living in 1919 or in 1935,  and finally understood the scriptures which

The historical context is interesting because it confirms today’s perception of the past historical context. And that is: They expected Armageddon and the establishment of an earthly Paradise during t

JFR was probably not even including those who were already Bible Students (proto-JWs) to be numbered in those millions. ALL of the Bible Students were included in the 144,000 going to heaven, but in t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Would you be kind enough to tell me the 'official standpoint' / teaching / doctrine of the Watchtower/GB/Org, as to who will survive Armageddon and what Armageddon will consit of.  Or where would i find the answer ? 

Sure. The official standpoint is found on jw.org under these headings, below. No one repeats the idea of 99.9% anymore. There is no new number to replace it, except for several [welcome] admissions that we just don't know, and it's not up to us, since we are not the judge:

Did Jesus say there are many roads leading to salvation?

The Bible explains who have the opportunity for salvation.

Learn how tolerance identifies true Christians.

Each of those short articles points to several longer articles that go into the topics a bit further.

This comment is totally off topic but it sort of made me laugh when I read it. It does not stumble me in any way because I know the dead do not have a 'soul' that floats off anywhere, but :-

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g201001/what-is-judgment-day/

This is not referring to disembodied souls of those who have died. The dead are totally unconscious and do not have a soul that survives death.

And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls* of those executed* for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand.a And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christb for 1,000 years. 

I know it's not a contradiction but it made me smile. 

On 10/9/2021 at 7:34 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

In 1920, WTJWorg wrote and spoke nonsense. Why would anyone today have to believe they don’t do that anymore?

Those who are spiritually dying the second death don't believe then and like minded ones today still don't believe. Disfellowshiping a diseased one is a loving thing to do to keep the healthy and faithful free from disease spreading to the congregation.  However one should note, a person who is dying the second death is never redeemed, rather they have been abandoned. 

Just like in Jesus days on the earth when he stated to Believers, "Everyone who is Living and exercises faith in me Will Never Die At All." (John 11:26)

Today, there are many dying the second death as King Abaddon orders his angels to bundle up those who are stumbling others.  And that is a very good thing. 😁  Soon the Great Crowd will emerge... Forward March!

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

quote from link:

The dead are totally unconscious and do not have a soul that survives death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14, 23, 24) Jesus will bring those asleep in death back to life again on earth.

qoute from another link https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bible-teach/where-are-the-dead/  

Such religious teachings all share one basic idea—that some part of us survives the death of the physical body. According to almost every religion, past and present, we somehow live on forever with the ability to see, hear, and think. Yet, how can that be? Our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of our brain. At death, the brain stops working. Our memories, feelings, and senses do not continue to function independently in some mysterious way. They do not survive the destruction of our brain.

Jesus Christ spoke about the condition of the dead. He did so with regard to Lazarus, a man whom he knew well and who had died. Jesus told his disciples: “Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep.” The disciples thought that Jesus meant that Lazarus was resting in sleep, recovering from an illness. They were wrong. Jesus explained: “Lazarus has died.” (Read John 11:11-14.) Notice that Jesus compared death to sleep. Lazarus was neither in heaven nor in a burning hell. He was not meeting angels or ancestors. Lazarus was not being reborn as another human. He was at rest in death, as though in a deep sleep without dreams. Other scriptures also compare death to sleep. For example, when the disciple Stephen was stoned to death, the Bible says that he “fell asleep.” (Acts 7:60) Similarly, the apostle Paul wrote about some in his day who had “fallen asleep in death.”—1 Corinthians 15:6.

Again, how do those who have died live?.... because imaginary Lazarus exercise faith in God and his promises given to Abraham about Jesus, but still died, after all. Stephen and many Christians in 1st century exercise faith in Jesus but they all "fallen asleep in death", as article state.  

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20150501/what-does-the-end-mean/

A woman fears the end of everything as people around her try to escape the fire, smoke, and debris of a disaster

@JW Insider   Images like this do not seem to make much sense to me. 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g201001/what-is-judgment-day/

Judgment Day will be a period of a thousand years during which humans will have the opportunity to regain what Adam and Eve lost. 

If JUDGEMENT DAY is 1,000 years long, and the judge is Jesus Christ, then what exactly is happening here ?

This image happening would have to mean that ALL those people have ALREADY BEEN JUDGED. 

I'm getting the feeling that Armageddon and Judgement Day are two seperate things. 

This picture looks like Armageddon. But I would have thought that Armageddon was only the destruction of the 'wicked' people. Hence the 'wicked' would already have been judged prior to the Judgement Day. 

This image looks to be killing indiscriminatly. So when would this take place ?  Would this be at the end of the 1,000 years, the destruction of all those that would not serve God through Christ ? 

It seriously does not make sense to me. 

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:
  On 10/9/2021 at 7:34 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

In 1920, WTJWorg wrote and spoke nonsense. Why would anyone today have to believe they don’t do that anymore?

Those who are spiritually dying the second death don't believe then and like minded ones today still don't believe. Disfellowshiping a diseased one is a loving thing to do to keep the healthy and faithful free from disease spreading to the congregation.  However one should note, a person who is dying the second death is never redeemed, rather they have been abandoned. 

Just like in Jesus days on the earth when he stated to Believers, "Everyone who is Living and exercises faith in me Will Never Die At All." (John 11:26)

Today, there are many dying the second death as King Abaddon orders his angels to bundle up those who are stumbling others.  And that is a very good thing. 😁  Soon the Great Crowd will emerge... Forward March!

quote from link:

The dead are totally unconscious and do not have a soul that survives death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14, 23, 24) Jesus will bring those asleep in death back to life again on earth.

qoute from another link https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bible-teach/where-are-the-dead/  

Such religious teachings all share one basic idea—that some part of us survives the death of the physical body. According to almost every religion, past and present, we somehow live on forever with the ability to see, hear, and think. Yet, how can that be? Our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of our brain. At death, the brain stops working. Our memories, feelings, and senses do not continue to function independently in some mysterious way. They do not survive the destruction of our brain.

Jesus Christ spoke about the condition of the dead. He did so with regard to Lazarus, a man whom he knew well and who had died. Jesus told his disciples: “Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep.” The disciples thought that Jesus meant that Lazarus was resting in sleep, recovering from an illness. They were wrong. Jesus explained: “Lazarus has died.” (Read John 11:11-14.) Notice that Jesus compared death to sleep. Lazarus was neither in heaven nor in a burning hell. He was not meeting angels or ancestors. Lazarus was not being reborn as another human. He was at rest in death, as though in a deep sleep without dreams. Other scriptures also compare death to sleep. For example, when the disciple Stephen was stoned to death, the Bible says that he “fell asleep.” (Acts 7:60) Similarly, the apostle Paul wrote about some in his day who had “fallen asleep in death.”—1 Corinthians 15:6.

Again, how do those who have died live?.... because imaginary Lazarus exercise faith in God and his promises given to Abraham about Jesus, but still died, after all. Stephen and many Christians in 1st century exercise faith in Jesus but they all "fallen asleep in death", as article state.  

"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." (Acts 24:15)

The "wicked" are never resurrected, therefore, they die a permanent death.  Starting with Adam and Eve...

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

The Bible explains who have the opportunity for salvation.

It would appear the question of salvation has not been properly answered by JW’s here. There is a major difference between salvation and believing on your own religion. Is your religion preaching the true gospel?

*** w08 11/1 p. 28 Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe That They Are the Only Ones Who Will Be Saved? ***

Our Readers Ask

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe That They Are the Only Ones Who Will Be Saved?

*** w82 11/15 p. 20 Who Are God’s Ministers Today? ***

God’s Ministers Today

*** w71 6/1 p. 330 Are You Waiting for “The Call”? ***

AN OPEN DOOR TO SERVICE

*** w66 5/15 p. 299 Save Both Yourself and Those Who Listen to You ***

Save Both Yourself and Those Who Listen to You

*** w59 9/1 p. 525 Walking in the Name of Jehovah ***

Walking in the Name of Jehovah

*** w13 5/1 p. 2 Table of Contents ***

READ MORE ONLINE | www.jw.org

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES—Do You Feel That You Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe They Are the True Religion? | FAQ (jw.org)

The ones seeking God through Christ have that hope. Would it matter if that person is alive or dead?

Scenarios:

1.  An unrepentant pedophile that dies in a car crash?

2. A repentant pedophile that dies in a car crash but hasn't heard about the gospel?

3. A repentant pedophile is killed by a vigilante? Who?

4. A repentant pedophile is killed by a vigilante who got the information from the internet? Who?

5. An unrepentant person that dies of natural cause?

6. A Christian that preaches the gospel but mislead people with the teachings?

7. An unrepentant Christian that now promotes anarchy?

8. A person who has never heard about God? Etc...

I am an old dog, and a bit far sighted, for a two dimensional cartoon dog, so my entertainment is somewhat limited to 2D choices, and I have to chase pictures of rabbits, when I do chase rabbits, so the cartoon strip DOGBERT appeals to me, as it shows how frail the reasoning abilities of humans are, especially in the determination of facts.

dt211010.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.