The World News Media

Millions Now Living Will Never Die! by J.F. Rutherford ??????????? A few questions.

@JW Insider Thank you for this fantastic comment above. Very constructive and very informative. 

I like this bit :-

The issues that come into play are about how many non-Christians were expected to be saved through Armageddon. Russell had given his opinion that only a very few would be "slaughtered" and that the vast majority of mankind living would accept the government that came to the fore after Armageddon (and Rutherford had not yet adjusted this view). In fact, as late as 1928, Rutherford could claim that he had not changed "a jot or tittle" from Russell's "Studies in the Scriptures."

Russell must have thought that Armageddon would not be as destructive as some magazines had shown, and that the ones slaughterd would have been on an individual basis, to allow the majority to survive. I am actually of that opinion myself. I like the scripture where Jesus says 

Hello guest!

And Jesus said to him, "Do not forbid it; for whoever is not against us is for us." (Luke 9 : 50)

To me this has a deeper meaning.

14 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Under Knorr/Franz, the expectation changed from what appears to be at least 5% to 10% surviving, down to about 0.1% surviving. (99.9% of the world population to be slaughtered, as FWF put it.)

I think this is a very sad change of thought, and I don't believe it to be true.

14 hours ago, JW Insider said:

That number apparently came from the fact that the number of Witnesses compared to the rest of the population was also about 0.1%. Today, if you include all Memorial attendees, the number begins to approach 0.3%. So maybe only 99.7%?

I think this also is sad. And once again i do not believe it to be true to what will actually happen.

We know that 'the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one', but it doesn't mean that all people  in that 'world' are deliberately wicked. 

From a Christian loving viewpoint it seems that Russell, and even Rutherford at first, had a very merciful and loving heart. But as the JW Org has 'progessed' it seems to have become a very hardened heart throughout. 

Would you be kind enough to tell me the 'official standpoint' / teaching / doctrine of the Watchtower/GB/Org, as to who will survive Armageddon and what Armageddon will consit of.  Or where would i find the answer ? 

Thank you once again for your time and patience on this topic. 

• Views 4.3k
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question. As you know, page 20 of the Kingdom Rules book shows an illustration of the Bible Students preaching, with the caption "In 1914, the Bible Students began to discern the sign of Christ’s invisible presence" And then page 50, par 5 it says "As we saw in Chapter 2 of this book, the Bible Students spent decades pointing out that the year 1914 would be significant in fulfilling Bible prophecy.  However, at that time they believed that Christ’s presence had begun in 1874, that

The historical context is interesting because it confirms today’s perception of the past historical context. And that is: They expected Armageddon and the establishment of an earthly Paradise during their lifetime.  After the failure of hope, they started a dogma with heavenly life for the chosen earthlings (variations on this theme exist in JW literature) Today’s WTJWorg context has refuted all of this as outdated and misconceptions. JW Hope has new models of belief and beliefs, today.

JFR was probably not even including those who were already Bible Students (proto-JWs) to be numbered in those millions. ALL of the Bible Students were included in the 144,000 going to heaven, but in those days the persons we now identify as "the great crowd of other sheep" were also anointed and going to heaven. In fact, all Christians were going to heaven according Bible Student teaching of that time. This meant all Christians who were not Bible Students were anointed and also going to heaven.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Patiently is confused about Rando (who is not NoisySrecko/BillyTheKid) . . .

And BroRando is confused about Patiently who is not "Witness" or "Pearl."

To be honest, from my viewpoint, this is all tongue in cheek. It helps me to laugh at some of the accusations that are flung at me by certain ones...... I do however find that I am 'condemned to death' by those I've mentioned. It seems to be a patern. 

3 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Would you be kind enough to tell me the 'official standpoint' / teaching / doctrine of the Watchtower/GB/Org, as to who will survive Armageddon and what Armageddon will consit of.  Or where would i find the answer ? 

Sure. The official standpoint is found on jw.org under these headings, below. No one repeats the idea of 99.9% anymore. There is no new number to replace it, except for several [welcome] admissions that we just don't know, and it's not up to us, since we are not the judge:

Hello guest!

Did Jesus say there are many roads leading to salvation?

Hello guest!

The Bible explains who have the opportunity for salvation.

Hello guest!

Learn how tolerance identifies true Christians.

Each of those short articles points to several longer articles that go into the topics a bit further.

This comment is totally off topic but it sort of made me laugh when I read it. It does not stumble me in any way because I know the dead do not have a 'soul' that floats off anywhere, but :-

Hello guest!

This is not referring to disembodied souls of those who have died. The dead are totally unconscious and do not have a soul that survives death.

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls
    Hello guest!
 of those executed
    Hello guest!
 for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand.
    Hello guest!
 And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ
    Hello guest!
 for 1,000 years.

I know it's not a contradiction but it made me smile. 

On 10/9/2021 at 7:34 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

In 1920, WTJWorg wrote and spoke nonsense. Why would anyone today have to believe they don’t do that anymore?

Those who are spiritually dying the second death don't believe then and like minded ones today still don't believe. Disfellowshiping a diseased one is a loving thing to do to keep the healthy and faithful free from disease spreading to the congregation.  However one should note, a person who is dying the second death is never redeemed, rather they have been 

Hello guest!

Just like in Jesus days on the earth when he stated to Believers, "Everyone who is Living and exercises faith in me Will Never Die At All." (

Hello guest!
)

Today, there are many dying the second death as King Abaddon orders his angels to bundle up those who are stumbling others.  And that is a very good thing. 😁  Soon the Great Crowd will emerge... Forward March!

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Hello guest!

quote from link:

The dead are totally unconscious and do not have a soul that survives death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14, 23, 24) Jesus will bring those asleep in death back to life again on earth.

qoute from another link 

Hello guest!

Such religious teachings all share one basic idea—that some part of us survives the death of the physical body. According to almost every religion, past and present, we somehow live on forever with the ability to see, hear, and think. Yet, how can that be? Our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of our brain. At death, the brain stops working. Our memories, feelings, and senses do not continue to function independently in some mysterious way. They do not survive the destruction of our brain.

Jesus Christ spoke about the condition of the dead. He did so with regard to Lazarus, a man whom he knew well and who had died. Jesus told his disciples: “Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep.” The disciples thought that Jesus meant that Lazarus was resting in sleep, recovering from an illness. They were wrong. Jesus explained: “Lazarus has died.” (Read John 11:11-14.) Notice that Jesus compared death to sleep. Lazarus was neither in heaven nor in a burning hell. He was not meeting angels or ancestors. Lazarus was not being reborn as another human. He was at rest in death, as though in a deep sleep without dreams. Other scriptures also compare death to sleep. For example, when the disciple Stephen was stoned to death, the Bible says that he “fell asleep.” (Acts 7:60) Similarly, the apostle Paul wrote about some in his day who had “fallen asleep in death.”—1 Corinthians 15:6.

Again, how do those who have died live?.... because imaginary Lazarus exercise faith in God and his promises given to Abraham about Jesus, but still died, after all. Stephen and many Christians in 1st century exercise faith in Jesus but they all "fallen asleep in death", as article state.  

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png">

@JW Insider   Images like this do not seem to make much sense to me. 

Hello guest!

Judgment Day will be a period of a thousand years during which humans will have the opportunity to regain what Adam and Eve lost. 

If JUDGEMENT DAY is 1,000 years long, and the judge is Jesus Christ, then what exactly is happening here ?

This image happening would have to mean that ALL those people have ALREADY BEEN JUDGED. 

I'm getting the feeling that Armageddon and Judgement Day are two seperate things. 

This picture looks like Armageddon. But I would have thought that Armageddon was only the destruction of the 'wicked' people. Hence the 'wicked' would already have been judged prior to the Judgement Day. 

This image looks to be killing indiscriminatly. So when would this take place ?  Would this be at the end of the 1,000 years, the destruction of all those that would not serve God through Christ ? 

It seriously does not make sense to me. 

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:
  On 10/9/2021 at 7:34 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

In 1920, WTJWorg wrote and spoke nonsense. Why would anyone today have to believe they don’t do that anymore?

Those who are spiritually dying the second death don't believe then and like minded ones today still don't believe. Disfellowshiping a diseased one is a loving thing to do to keep the healthy and faithful free from disease spreading to the congregation.  However one should note, a person who is dying the second death is never redeemed, rather they have been 

Hello guest!

Just like in Jesus days on the earth when he stated to Believers, "Everyone who is Living and exercises faith in me Will Never Die At All." (

Hello guest!
)

Today, there are many dying the second death as King Abaddon orders his angels to bundle up those who are stumbling others.  And that is a very good thing. 😁  Soon the Great Crowd will emerge... Forward March!

quote from link:

The dead are totally unconscious and do not have a soul that survives death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14, 23, 24) Jesus will bring those asleep in death back to life again on earth.

qoute from another link 

Hello guest!

Such religious teachings all share one basic idea—that some part of us survives the death of the physical body. According to almost every religion, past and present, we somehow live on forever with the ability to see, hear, and think. Yet, how can that be? Our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of our brain. At death, the brain stops working. Our memories, feelings, and senses do not continue to function independently in some mysterious way. They do not survive the destruction of our brain.

Jesus Christ spoke about the condition of the dead. He did so with regard to Lazarus, a man whom he knew well and who had died. Jesus told his disciples: “Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep.” The disciples thought that Jesus meant that Lazarus was resting in sleep, recovering from an illness. They were wrong. Jesus explained: “Lazarus has died.” (Read John 11:11-14.) Notice that Jesus compared death to sleep. Lazarus was neither in heaven nor in a burning hell. He was not meeting angels or ancestors. Lazarus was not being reborn as another human. He was at rest in death, as though in a deep sleep without dreams. Other scriptures also compare death to sleep. For example, when the disciple Stephen was stoned to death, the Bible says that he “fell asleep.” (Acts 7:60) Similarly, the apostle Paul wrote about some in his day who had “fallen asleep in death.”—1 Corinthians 15:6.

Again, how do those who have died live?.... because imaginary Lazarus exercise faith in God and his promises given to Abraham about Jesus, but still died, after all. Stephen and many Christians in 1st century exercise faith in Jesus but they all "fallen asleep in death", as article state.  

"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." (

Hello guest!
)

The "wicked" are never resurrected, therefore, they die a permanent death.  Starting with Adam and Eve...

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:
    Hello guest!

The Bible explains who have the opportunity for salvation.

It would appear the question of salvation has not been properly answered by JW’s here. There is a major difference between salvation and believing on your own religion. Is your religion preaching the true gospel?

*** w08 11/1 p. 28 Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe That They Are the Only Ones Who Will Be Saved? ***

Our Readers Ask

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe That They Are the Only Ones Who Will Be Saved?

*** w82 11/15 p. 20 Who Are God’s Ministers Today? ***

God’s Ministers Today

*** w71 6/1 p. 330 Are You Waiting for “The Call”? ***

AN OPEN DOOR TO SERVICE

*** w66 5/15 p. 299 Save Both Yourself and Those Who Listen to You ***

Save Both Yourself and Those Who Listen to You

*** w59 9/1 p. 525 Walking in the Name of Jehovah ***

Walking in the Name of Jehovah

*** w13 5/1 p. 2 Table of Contents ***

READ MORE ONLINE | www.jw.org

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES—Do You Feel That You Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

Hello guest!

The ones seeking God through Christ have that hope. Would it matter if that person is alive or dead?

Scenarios:

1.  An unrepentant pedophile that dies in a car crash?

2. A repentant pedophile that dies in a car crash but hasn't heard about the gospel?

3. A repentant pedophile is killed by a vigilante? Who?

4. A repentant pedophile is killed by a vigilante who got the information from the internet? Who?

5. An unrepentant person that dies of natural cause?

6. A Christian that preaches the gospel but mislead people with the teachings?

7. An unrepentant Christian that now promotes anarchy?

8. A person who has never heard about God? Etc...

I am an old dog, and a bit far sighted, for a two dimensional cartoon dog, so my entertainment is somewhat limited to 2D choices, and I have to chase pictures of rabbits, when I do chase rabbits, so the cartoon strip DOGBERT appeals to me, as it shows how frail the reasoning abilities of humans are, especially in the determination of facts.

Hello guest!