The World News Media

Governing Body tells Russian Congregations to stop using the New World Translation

Jack Ryan

• Views 8.9k
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Google translate: The Christian Assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses April 1, 2017 TO ALL MEETINGS Theme: Using the Synodal Translation of the Bible in New Conditions Dear brothers

I have just come home from a delayed, video Special Meeting, that was from the Australasian Branch, Bethel in Sydney, it was very upbuilding and faith strengthening. The Special Talk was given by Brot

Wow! Smart move on their part. Will it sway the court at this late stage? For all the latest news regarding Russia and Jehovah's Witnesses see this category: https://www.theworldnewsmedia.or

Posted Images

Wow! Smart move on their part. Will it sway the court at this late stage?

For all the latest news regarding Russia and Jehovah's Witnesses see this category:

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/forum/633-russia/

For those that don't know our terminology:

And one of these years I will get around to posting the missing chapters in these projects...

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/forum/38-the-holy-bible/

I have just come home from a delayed, video Special Meeting, that was from the Australasian Branch, Bethel in Sydney, it was very upbuilding and faith strengthening. The Special Talk was given by Brother Patrick LaFranca, an assistant to the GB. Towards the end of his talk, which happened to be "All Things are Possible with God"........he spoke of our brothers in Russia, a number of key points that I noted were:

1. This should come as no surprise to us, (John 15:19) If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. He then used (1 Peter 4:12-14)  Beloved ones, do not be surprised about the fiery trials that you are experiencing, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 On the contrary, go on rejoicing over the extent to which you are sharers in the sufferings of the Christ, so that you may rejoice and be overjoyed also during the revelation of his glory. 14 If you are being reproached for the name of Christ, you are happy, because the spirit of glory, yes, the spirit of God, is resting upon you.

2. Our Brothers in Russia are joyful and are enduring and they will keep on preaching the Good News of God's Kingdom, irrespective of the outcome. (1 Thessalonians 2:2) 2 For although we had first suffered and been insolently treated in Phi·lipʹpi, as you know, we mustered up boldness by means of our God to tell you the good news of God in the face of much opposition. 

3. There are positive reports in the media, including many in the Russian media, and the world is taking notice of the unity of Jehovah's Witnesses..........the Brother pointed out that this is a miracle..........that the world could not do it.......BUT, as the title of the talk said "All things are possible with God" (Revelation 14:6, 7) . . .And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. 7 He was saying in a loud voice: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of judgment by him has arrived, so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and the springs of water.”

I think that Brother LaFranca's words are a true source of encouragement for all of us.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.