The World News Media

Did Jehovah’s Witnesses Lie to the Montana Court About Confidentiality?

Patiently waiting for Truth

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

since when did Jesus say one cannot sell a place for whatever reason.

He told illustrations about selling all you have to buy beautiful "pearl" and not Theater. :))) 

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it” Matthew 13

• Views 9.7k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Confidentiality: "There are two views held by state courts regarding confidentiality as it pertains to clergy privilege. In two-thirds of the states, a communication is considered confidential if made

I think that is the general idea, and that we have seen the last of any pedophiles or child molesters getting away with their disgusting crime. Also, I think anyone thinking about doing anything disgu

When a person is a alcoholic or drug addict, what is the common goal of rehab? To help the person gain a relationship with God! With Hope that a higher responsibility toward God will help the per

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Anna said:

Stop paying the rent then 😀

Lol. He said Jesus had no place of his own so JWs are not doing it right by buying or renting places. .... that was his implication.... 

He must not judge if he is living in a rented space. Lol 

Some will always find something to critisize......sigh....

52 minutes ago, Arauna said:

You are so holy and judgmental of the GB be ause they are not holy enough to your high standards

According to God's Word, they have adulterated the teachings of Christ and the apostles.  To apply "sacred" to a  building is idolatry, let alone to a corporation by calling it "spirit-directed".   No doubt JWs would admit that Catholics are idolaters:

"Whether you've been in a church many times or are new to its sights, sounds, smells and bells, knowing the rich meaning and history behind our sacred spaces and symbols can help us appreciate and deepen our faith. Churches reflect the communities who built them and the times and circumstances in which they are used. No two churches are alike, but each sacred space is used to celebrate the same Mass with our fellow Catholics.   https://www.catholicextension.org/camp-catholic/sacred-spaces-symbols

Somehow the point is missed when it comes to the organization.   Since Christ, can you tell me of any incident in the scriptures that describes a building OR earthly organization as "sacred" and approved by God?  Acts 7:24,25,29-31

God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.

Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Does the GB need to repent for creating idols?  Do the Catholics?

22 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Isn’t anything sold for that reason?

Yes. Make it illegal to volunteer for anything. Those volunteer ambulance departments? Make them illegal. Tell no one to budge unless someone puts a check in their hand.

Oh, very well, you idiot. Go buy your house for full price—even over price. Write letters to the editor to voice your outrage at those who buy fixer-uppers.

And still old @TrueTomHarley twists things that he has no real answer for. Keep it up Tom, keep showing your disrespect for God. 

I didn't buy and don't own my house. It's just a place to live for now. 

And that theatre wasn't a 'fixer-upper' was it ? It was a show piece to show off to the world of mankind. Rebuilt by slave labour of congregants, because those congregants were fooled into believing that it was 'for God'. But it was for the GB to show off to the world of mankind. Obviously for the word of mankind, the devil's world, because no one with true love of God and Christ would consider it as being the right thing to do. 

Once again it could just be the American way. And the GB being mostly American and living the  American way have got caught up in this showy display of life.  Assembly Halls that I've visited here in UK do not look anything like that place. A / H here in UK are functional not showy. K/H that I've visited too are functional not showy. All of them are very neat and always tidy, but i remember helping with the vacuuming in some :) . 

38 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Yes. Make it illegal to volunteer for anything. Those volunteer ambulance departments? Make them illegal. Tell no one to budge unless someone puts a check in their hand.

Please Tom. I made normal comment. And ask anyone what would cost be for restoration. Volunteering is no illegal. Spending donation money for Religious Vanity is morally and ethically bad example. Perhaps we all like to see beautiful buildings. But, is it buy, restore and sell something, what have to be interest and occupation for Religious, Charity Organization of JW? 

2000+ members and unknown amount of $ versus 2000+  and same amount of money for preaching or helping people in need. What of this two IS CHARITY WORK???

10 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Rebuilt by slave labour of congregant

Excellent point as always. The answer is the same as that given Srecko. Make volunteer work illegal. Those volunteer fire departments? Tell them to let the houses burn. Those volunteers at the hospitals? Tell those lazy patients to get themselves out of traction and take care of their own needs. Those volunteers during every election? Free them! Tell Trump and Sanders to knock on doors and present their own case.

The purpose of life is to accumulate money. How can people do that if they are giving away their work? Free them from being manipulated. Let no  one do anything without a paycheck.

7 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I made normal comment.

I made a normal one, too. What we need is a Department of Volunteer Monitoring so that any volunteering can be run by you for your approval or not. I suggest they will all be quickly approved except that concerning JWs

22 minutes ago, Anna said:

Come on now John, I am beginning to think you are losing your understanding of the definition of worship....

New International Version Acts 17 v 23
For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship--and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

Call me John if it makes you happy. 

15 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Those volunteer fire departments? Tell them to let the houses burn. Those volunteers at the hospitals? Tell those lazy patients to get themselves out of traction and take care of their own needs

Tom, what is with you? How you can compare JW volunteer restoration work in private building, in building that is in possession of Company .... with volunteer work in helping people when houses burning or helping sick people in hospital??

3 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Tom, what is with you?

Volunteerism is volunteerism. What’s it to you where they choose to volunteer?

Besides is a life-saving work that preachers of the good news have been entrusted with. That being the case, I fitted my own vehicle with flashing lights and siren. Don’t worry—I got them cheap at the junkyard and restored them myself. 

30 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Some will always find something to critisize......sigh....

I have to agree with this. In positive and negative using of Criticism.

One of "trigger" for put critics about these or other WT works in past and now, lies in fact that WTJWorg "exalt" themself above all on Earth. They are: "only true religion, only God's organization, only people that have highest moral standards, only who be saved, .....and similar "the best"".

In light of such position and picture that WTJWorg forming for and from many decades, it is not strange when observers find some discrepancy and make the point of that.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.