The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

The Librarian

You need to sit down, clear your minds, and CAREFULLY consider the next statement, which is ALWAYS true, whether one of Jehovah's Witnesses ... or in the world at large:

edmundburke377528.jpg

... People who do not believe in any god have sacrificed their lives for JUSTICE, as best they could manage it, knowing that when they died, they would be gone ... FOREVER.

NEVER criticize men who have that kind of sense of honor, and self-directed obligation !

The reason YOU live in peace, is that such men have "stood on the wall", and "fought in the mud", and endured unspeakable horror, ... so that you can sleep warm in your beds at night.

In the ways that we can ... how can we do any less?

• Views 12.5k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting tidbit I came across today. Did you know that this guy, "Vladimir Lukin" who was for many years the Ombusdman for the Russian Federation and has spoken out many times on behalf o

There was a report (does anyone have it?) that our brothers in Russia have withdrawn all appeals and have instead requested the largest possible courtroom for the April 5th hearing, the 'overflow' cou

When you are writing to the Russians about their proposal to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses, there may be a temptation to speak of legal and constitutional issues, for their recent conduct flies in the face

Posted Images

4 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You need to sit down, clear your minds, and CAREFULLY consider the next statement, which is ALWAYS true, whether one of Jehovah's Witnesses ... or in the world at large:

edmundburke377528.jpg

... People who do not believe in any god have sacrificed their lives for JUSTICE, as best they could manage it, knowing that when they died, they would be gone ... FOREVER.

NEVER criticize men who have that kind of sense of honor, and self-directed obligation !

The reason YOU live in peace, is that such men have "stood on the wall", and "fought in the mud", and endured unspeakable horror, ... so that you can sleep warm in your beds at night.

In the ways that we can ... how can we do any less?

And your point JTR?

"Yeah, no matter what they say, when those hooks are in their mouth they will do things they never imagined"

.......and what is more Anna..........they have NO CHOICE in the matter............sort of like the proverbial fish with the hook in its mouth and the barb solidly embedded in the roof of its mouth.......you may have to cut the fishes head off to retrieve the hook......just what will happen to the kings of the earth.......they will certainly have their heads "lopped off," as it were, in the not too distant future......methinks

On 26.3.2017 at 03:56, TrueTomHarley said:

As our brothers in Russia brace for their greatest trial, Mark Sanderson speaks to them on JW Broadcasting in Russian! Who knew?

I  posted  that....  so,  many  now  know  it  separate  here  too !  :)

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

As much as I admire JTR, I feel I must call him on this one.

At times in the ministry I will come across a Marine family, as is obvious by flags, stickers, stars, and slogans. I ask them their story. Perhaps they may look at me suspiciously. "I'm serious," I tell them, "I'm not trying to pick a fight; I'm not in the mood. It's obvious if you've fought for your country that you have a story to tell. Let's hear it."

Everyone has a story to tell but nobody wants to hear it. We are in the people business. If anyone deserves a listening ear, it is someone who has sacrificed for what they believe in. Essentially, that is among the reasons we ask them to give us a listening ear. We are not just on the internet trying to steal someone else's disciples; we are out there sacrificing, and that in and of itself suggests someone ought to give us a listening ear. Same with them.

The circumstances have to be right. I can't do it, or at least must scale back, if the car group is waiting. But I will hear them out as much as I am able to. It is disarming, for even their friends will not do it. 

I say one word for every ten of theirs. Perhaps I will observe toward the end how - isn't it strange how if I were a Marine myself, I would feel the same way about my country as they. Yet if I were a Marine in any other country, I would feel the same way about that country. Isn't it strange for the world to be carved up that way? Sometimes they find nothing strange about that at all, but sometimes they do.

Our happiness comes from our worship and service to God. It has little to do with the rule of the king we live under. Ask him what his ground rules are for maintaining public order, and then follow them. That is the pattern our brothers set around the world and they do not all wear long faces because they are not in the USA.

I would even argue with: "the reason YOU live in peace..." Do we? It's not Syria here, to be sure, but neither is is Shagnri-La.

I am here, and I like it here. But if I was there, I would like it there, especially if I was born there.

"Perhaps I will observe toward the end how - isn't it strange how if I were a Marine myself, I would feel the same way about my country as they. Yet if I were a Marine in any other country, I would feel the same way about that country. Isn't it strange for the world to be carved up that way? Sometimes they find nothing strange about that at all, but sometimes they do."

Tom, in Australia on April 25th they celebrate the "glorification of war," it is called ANZAC Day, (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps - but, involves the 3 armed services, with marches of servicemen and ex-servicemen through cities and towns, services at war memorials and churches, etc............around that day some people get a little "uppity" with "us pacifists," I do not have a problem with that..........I usually tell them that I had served in the Royal Australian Navy for over 13 years, before I saw the error of my ways..........I find that most times we can then have a friendly chat about the words recorded for us at James 4:1-3, if they let me go to the scriptures.........it may go to the point of discussing where both they and I served in various war zones, sometimes medals are mentioned, my reply is usually........."I had 3, Vietnam, Malaysia and the Indonesian confrontation, (something like that-I think), I gave them to my kids to play with and I have not seen them since 1970" .............it is also good to ask them whether or not the war(s) that they fought in actually achieved anything - except a lot of death, destruction and misery -...........the answer in the main is "not much," but, occasionally you get the real patriot, who will "stand up on his soap box" and start "singing the National Anthem." so to speak.

We so look forward to the time when all this will be a thing of the past, and see the words outside the United Nations HQ in New York quoted from Isaiah 2:4 come to their literal fulfillment under God's Kingdom.

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

People who do not believe in any god have sacrificed their lives

Fact is that humans have given their lives for all manner of causes, real and imagined, religious and secular, admired and condemned by others. 

It is an extraordinary feature of humans that, throughout history, some are prepared to place principle above immediate personal survival. This has been exploited by religious and political schemers throughout that same history.

Jehovah made man this way, and recognised it in tolerating Satan's cynical and false assertion that “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life" (Job 2:4). In fact, and to the contrary, a man will give his life for everything that he holds dear.

In his attempt to prove otherwise, Satan has caused many lives to be sacrificed, not the least those described at Ps.116:15: "Costly [Lit. Precious] in the eyes of Jehovah Is the death of his loyal ones.".

It is true that the relative, though sadly often only temporary, peace many of us presently enjoy has been hard won by the sacrifice of brave men and women, who regardless of their ignorance of the real issue, have served to prove the Devil's lie. It is reassuring to contemplate that their lives have not been wasted. In the coming Messianic kingdom, even those countless "Unknown Soldiers" will be back to tell their stories, and to embrace at last "the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ" 2Cor. 4:4. This is something far better than plaques and statues, memorial days and moments of mass silence. Or the embittered tears of fatherless, motherless, brotherless, sisterless families.

Then they will learn about the greatest and most efficacious sacrifice ever made, the Ransom Sacrifice of Jehovahs greatest warrior, His Son, Jesus Christ. And that event all who love Jehovah in the world today will be commemorating on Tuesday 11 April 2017 after sundown. And we can now do this shoulder to shoulder with our brothers and sisters in Russia, knowing that Jehovah has given them this brief respite. And we can pray that Jehovah will fortify them for the uncertainty of the coming days as they too prove the lie to Satan's claim that “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life".

On 4/7/2017 at 8:40 PM, Anna said:

UNITED STATES HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL MUSEUM EXPRESSES DEEP CONCERN OVER TREATMENT OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES IN RUSSIA

https://www.ushmm.org/information/press/press-releases/museum-statement-on-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia

There are ways to use this fact to better effect than the stack of letters themselves.

4 hours ago, Eoin Joyce said:

Fact is that humans have given their lives for all manner of causes, real and imagined, religious and secular, admired and condemned by others. 

During the Vietnam War period, Cassius Clay (Mohammed Ali) famously declared he would not go. "No Vietcong never called me nigger," [his words, not mine] he said. Exactly! If the kings of the earth couldn't get along, how did that become his problem?

People have fought and sometimes died for all manner of causes. it is not only Jehovah's Witnesses who refuse to let the good guys and the bad guys to be defined by the king.

Nonetheless, I begin to worry that the anal librarian will note with alarm that we are playing havoc with the Dewey Decimal System, eating of the off-topic fruit tree. She may separate this into a thread of its own, title it something like TrueTom vs the Patriots, and then take it down in alarm if that one actually begins pasting them. Better to return to the Russian trial, but - why, it is in recess!  Surely we can speak of other things waiting for it to reconvene.

The entire context of my posting was in reference to the three previous allusions that President Trumps current missile barrage of Syria was illegitimate, and that he was somehow a fool ( Duck comment ).

Everything that lives has the NATURAL right of self-defense, if they choose to exercise it .. and IF they can manage it.

They ALSO have the NATURAL right to protect the innocent from slaughter, if they choose to exercise it .. and IF they can manage it.

...and True TomHarley ... your 15 postings on the apostate web site AVOID-JW.ORG are as petulant and disjointed there as they are here.

22 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

...and True TomHarley ... your 15 postings on the apostate web site AVOID-JW.ORG are as petulant and disjointed there as they are here.

Is that your site?

But you are incorrect. I have not made 15 postings - yet. The ones I have made are altogether different in tone. There, I am not impolite, for I in someone else's home. It is tentative that I remain there. I am not there to argue. If I am abused unreasonably there (for I am not one to take things personally, even when they are intended that way) I will leave. I have a whole circuit of actual people who like me. Less stressful to hang out with them, which I will do, in any event.

I don't know the lay of the land there, though the title certainly gives a clue. but there will be many there who have been out of the loop for a long time and will hate Jehovah's Witnesses for the wrong reason. Let me fill you in on the right reason, so that you will not look like an ass, I may tell them. Not all people are jerks who love to spout on without facts. Some people like to stay abreast on things, even matters concerning which they write about. It can be a win-win. But if I find that there are nothing but jerks there, I am gone in a twinkling.

While I am willing, for personal reasons, to disregard Theocratic direction on this subject, I am not willing to pretend it does not exist. I am being a bad boy. I am not trying to set an example for others to do the same. It may be unwise what I am doing. But every so often David says to Saul: "Look, I took out the bear. I kicked serious butt with that lion. I'm pretty sure I can take out that loudmouth jerk taunting the battle lines of the living God, if you will not flag me for abuse." When David says that, it is not presumptuous or immodest. This is particularly true if David is far older and the adversities of life have stuffed his head in the toilet a few times. Upon extracting it, he does not say: "I guess I showed that toilet a thing or two, didn't I?"

I will discontinue if things turn nasty there, but if they do, i will not have been the cause of it. There, as everywhere except the downed thread - say, was it you who complained about it? I mean, it clearly wasn't someone who has it in for apostates - I am nothing but joy and love. I could get called on this new course by my own people. If that happens, I will acquiesce, for we are not independent loose cannons. We are working under the leadership of one commander. It so happens that we have been so well trained that we can read his mind and venture to undertake missions without his prior consent, though I admit that borders upon presumptuousness. But if we find we are wrong and the commander says to stand down, I will do so instantly. 

For the longest time in the States, a Witness could be excused from jury duty simply by asking. But eventually everyone was ducking out, Witness or non-Witness, and the legal people said 'enough.' No excuses for anyone! Some of our people panicked, for they did not want themselves to be set up as judges over others in secular matters. Perceiving that a situaltion was getting out of hand, Davey-the-Kid volunteered for jury duty. He sat through the pre-trial negotiations. He approached the bench and told the judge: "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is my life; I would not be able to separate things learned there for the sake of things here. So far I do not see any conflict, but I want to make you aware of it. I do not want to be the bar thrust into the spokes of justice down the road."

That is not unparallel to my motive in this tentative role at ihatetheirguts.com. Perhaps I am a good one for it. I know our people inside and out, though I am not an insider, which almost makes it better. I have the advantage of being able to express myself better than many. This is not because I am smarter than they. It is because they have a life, and do not spend an absurd amount of time writing every day.

And I will not preface whatever I write there with:  You need to sit down, clear your minds, and CAREFULLY consider the next statement, which is ALWAYS true, whether one of Jehovah's Witnesses ... or in the world at large:

I am a person. Not everything I say is always true. Not always should people carefully consider what I have to say. Sometimes they should blow it off.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.