The World News Media

JUST HOW BIG OF A DEBACLE, WAS THE PROPHESY OF 1975?

• Views 7.7k
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first ever meme to call my own. I figured if I could make one here, I can make one anywhere!

I agree. But where did they get the date from? Those who were serving with a date in mind didn't just pull the date out of thin air did they?

You are told that God’s Spirit is with this organization. (Rev 13:15)  Yet, history proves that with each false prophesy and failed teaching by your leaders, God’s Spirit is not resting in the organization. (Prov 12:22) The God of Truth would not lie, and neither would Jesus Christ, who is Truth. (John 1:14,17;14:6)  If you say God is with you, all JWs are liars themselves. (Prov 13:5) In your mind and hearts, you have blurred the boundary line, between truth and lies.  It should be distinct wit

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Emma Rose said:

We'd wait and see.

I would hope that we will have learned our lesson, and remember Jesus's words.. "concerning the day and hour nobody knows..."  So setting any kind of date, by anyone, would hopefully be seen as plainly wrong.

There were probably many prior to 1975 that had a similar attitude, but they were looked down on as lacking faith. And they were told that "now was not the time to be  toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning the day and hour nobody knows..." * It was those who sold their houses to quickly pioneer before the end came who were praised.

The brother in the convention video a few years ago certainly was not only toying with the words of Jesus, but he was actually reminding himself of those words! And he didn't change his schedule and follow those who sold houses and quit their jobs. Watch it starting at the 13:07 mark.

Hello guest!

Hindsight is 20/20 of course, as evidenced in the video. 

* paragraph 35

Hello guest!

1 hour ago, Emma Rose said:

You've forgotten the scriptures already...sigh

Tell me where in God's Word, it says setting dates for Armageddon is acceptable.  Tell me where in God's Word, men's doctrine trumps the doctrine of Jesus Christ.  Where do the scriptures say, it's okay to "lead my people astray" with delusions from the minds of men.  Jer 23:32

Tell me where it is acceptable by God and Christ to call a teaching, "truth" when time proves it to be a lie.

"False prophets appeared in the past among the people, and in the same way false teachers will appear among you. They will bring in destructive, untrue doctrines, and will deny the Master who redeemed them, and so they will bring upon themselves sudden destruction. 2 Even so, many will follow their immoral ways; and because of what they do, others will speak evil of the Way of truth. 3 In their greed these false teachers will make a profit out of telling you made-up stories. For a long time now their Judge has been ready, and their Destroyer has been wide awake!" 2 Pet 2:1-3

1 hour ago, biddy2331@gmail.com said:

"Witness" and others like him/her

It appears you are new to this forum. Witness is a female. A self professed anointed that doesn't believe in self condemnation when speaking ill of others, division, and strife. This person believes individual actions aren't noticed by God.

16 hours ago, derek1956 said:

Oh by the way I`m very happy it didn1t come because I was not in the truth in 1975

So by your reasoning, it's like if Armageddon came on December 1st 1975. Now imagine we can see into the future like Jehovah can:  A Witness would have knocked on your door Saturday morning December 2nd and planted a seed which would have grown and seen you get baptised a few months later. Well oops.....sorry Derek, obviously too late! By that time you will have been pushing up daisies for several months already.

Does that kind of reasoning make sense to you?

Wow! When I listened to talks back in the day like 1966-1967, I was clear on the intent of the speakers. There was no lesson to be learned by those of us that kept a clear understanding. Perhaps that's a problem with skeptical witnesses in modern times or those that believe they grasp time chronology without really getting it, but to ex-witnesses that make a claim, where in "scripture" do we find time chronology, must not understand the entire book of "Revelation" or does not acknowledge that book at all.

59 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

A self professed anointed

"Self-professed", what an ignorant thing to say.  Do God's anointed servants need the approval of men before they profess that they are anointed?   Gal 1:10   I suppose in the organization, that is how it is.  I know of anointed ones who were discouraged by the elder body to partake of the emblems.  I know of one who quit partaking because of elder pressure against them.  (Rev 13:5-7)  I really don't care what anyone wants to believe about myself. It matters most, what Jesus Christ sees as my servitude toward him and God.   I do care that JWs put the Truth of Christ, before the counterfeit "truth" of a wicked slave/Harlot, and the organization it directs.  (Matt 24:48-51; Rev 13:11-17; 16:13-16)

• Similar Content

• Guest Nicole
    • By Witness
      “Nourishing Spiritual Food”? 
      I cannot advocate the website listed at the end of this short video, as I haven’t gone there.  Also I do not see verification that the money from the sale of houses, properties and goods was given to the Watchtower at that time period.  But I will not dismiss the large possibility.  What is important about this video, is hearing how 1975 was truly proclaimed from the source; quite contrary to how the 2017 convention presented it: 
      “…you see, back then, some were looking to a certain date as signifying the end of this old system of things. A few, even went so far as selling their homes and quitting their jobs. (km 5/1974)"
      “But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.” 
       You may say in your heart, “How shall we know the word which Yahweh has not spoken?”  When a prophet speaks in Yahweh’s name, if the thing doesn’t follow, nor happen, that is the thing which Yahweh has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You shall not be afraid of him.              Deut 18:20-22
      “This is what the LORD of Hosts says: "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They are making you worthless. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the LORD's mouth.”  Jer 23:16
      “Behold, I am against the prophets, says Yahweh, who use their tongues, and say, He says. 32 Behold, I am against those who prophesy lying dreams, says Yahweh, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their vain boasting: yet I didn’t send them, nor commanded them; neither do they profit this people at all, says Yahweh.”  Jer 23:31-32
      If we claim to read God's Word and live by it, then God's Word should help us distinguish truth from lies.  Matt 3:10

• By The Librarian
      by District Overseer Charles Sinutko (Sheboygan – 1967)

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Haga clic
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. para descargar el archivo 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Despertad_1975-10-22.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Minister of the Jehovah's Witnesses aid in the baptism of some of the 524 converts to the faith in a pool set up at Belmont Park Race Track. The baptism is a high-light of the four-day Witnesses Divine Sovereignty assembly, which ends tomorrow. August 08, 1975. (Photo by Nury Hernandez/New York Post Archives / (c) NYP Holdings, Inc. via Getty Images)
    • By Jesus.defender
      1888 "In this chapter we present the Bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that the date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men. And be it observed, that if this is shown to be a fact firmly established by the Scriptures, it will prove; Firstly, that at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, saying, Thy Kingdom come, will obtain full, universal control, and that it will then be set up, or firmly established, in the earth, on the ruins of present institutions." (The Time Is At Hand, 1888, p. 76, 77)

1968 "'Adam Created At Close Of 'Sixth Day' Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides with the Sabbath-like thousand-year reign of Christ....It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.' (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 499)

• By Jesus.defender
      If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards? ("They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness who writes entries on Jehovah's Witnesses for the Encyclopedia Americana.)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.