The World News Media

24 YEAR OLD BETHELITE WOMAN RECENTLY DISFELLOWSHIPPED FOR APOSTASY COMMITS SUICIDE!

Jack Ryan

On 11/22/2017 at 11:21 PM, Arauna said:

To think that Witnesses are above this debased state is silly.  It is our education in Jehovah's ways that have dignified us somewhat. This is why we are warned to wage constant war against our own inclinations by Paul and other bible writers, who wrote under inspiration. We are all unbalanced, debased and in a sorry state - to think otherwise is to bamboozle yourself.  So we all have something mentally unbalanced somewhere - just depends on the degree. Sin and all the other things going on in this system is crouching at our door - all the time.  Just depends if we let it in.

However, when we lift ourselves out of this condition and try very hard to obey Jehovah with all effort, then we can get his approval and a measure of his spirit - if we humble ourselves to ask for it.

50% of the Bible is related to this theme, probably more. The prophets positively beat us over the head with it. Unless one applies spiritual values in one's life, his or her worship is meaningless and disapproved.

Yet here online is found extensive discussion of issues that constitutes less than one percent of the Bible. Would that it more closely correlated with the Bible's allocation of themes. I think it tells something of many participants that it does not.

Okay, I get it - angels are desirous of peering into future things and are frustrated that they cannot. But even so...

Particularly is it so of opponents who are demanding Witnesses 'study the Bible' more, when Witnesses collectively are the most well-read biblically in the world. Do such opponents actually apply the faith in their life? Are they known as persons of love, empathy, and Christian activity? Or are they primarily known as persons who argue that they have a better way?

This is an anonymous forum and one does not really know anyone. Maybe they all are the epitome of Christ-like qualities - they certainly all seem to treat that as a no-brainer. But I am dubious nonetheless.

• Views 22.2k
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true. It's hard to imagine what kind of "spirituality" can live alongside certain kinds of sin and certain kinds of personalities. Most people go into the various Bethel branches, at about age

Unfortunately, that wasn't just true back in the '80's. I have seen the same thing and so have others - and it's not just true of NY Bethel. The trick for those of us who have lived through and seen t

It is one thing to speak frankly and honestly (rather than live in "pretend world") while also contributing to the spiritual welfare of our brothers and sisters. Some of our brothers and sisters in fa

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

They only quoted Rev. 7:1-3 and those verses told nothing about "mental and emotional imbalanced or past religious beliefs". Please Tom read more careful WT articles, and then you would not asking me to provide scriptures about GB IDEA, that is or that is not part of Holy Scripture. 

For crying out loud, Srecko - there is such a thing as common sense. Did you forget what that stuff is?

It is a faith where everlasting life on a paradise earth is recognized as God's purpose for mankind. Yet the overall world that Christians operate within is that 'everyone is going to heaven when they die ' The overall world - inside or outside the congregation - produces abundant emotional stress. It is therefore not a shocker to suggest that  "mental and emotional imbalanced or past religious beliefs" may be a factor for some - particularly so should someone give evidence of imbalance in their everyday lives - which you would know nothing about since you ran for the hills ages ago. 

What business is it of yours? Get on with your life - for I assume that you have one - and stop harping on the tiniest thing here. You don't need a scripture to justify it every time you blow your nose.

Answer this question - who are the subjects of the Kingdom going to be if everyone is going to heaven?  How do the rulers and the subjects fit in with Jehovah's purpose? What is the new heaven and the new earth spoken of so many times in the new testament?

And what are the fruits that people will produce? What example did Jesus set?  Was it not the preaching of the kingdom (future government to restore Jehovah's original purpose for the earth? (Ephesian 1:9 making known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Himself, 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Christ, which are in heaven and on earth.)

Are we not supposed to preach out of compassion for all people so they can improve their life now and in future?  Do not bluff anyone - true anointed show a zeal for the kingdom and do as much as they can to preach......because they are obedient to Jesus and loyal to that government.

This is an important question to understand the logic of Jehovah's purpose:- Why was it in Jehovah's purpose to appoint 144000 co-rulers after mankind sinned?  Have you thought about that?  Really, really thought about it?

I would like your opinions.... and the answer is very logical..... 

1 hour ago, Nana Fofana said:

Kindest Broder Tomsk

WOW! If the cat ever gets my tongue, I know where to turn.

Yes, of course one must preserve civility on one's forum. Everyone understands that.

On the other hand, we are dealing with persons that I positively do not like, because they loathe what to me is most virtuous. I don't like it even more if he poses as one who would help.

Matters of God are the most important matters the tongue can speak of. People come to blows over politics and even sports teams. It should be enough that I do not hot-wire my laptop so as to electrocute him via the internet. All here cut him some slack, feeling he is valiantly attempting to communicate in a language not his. I am willing to do the same. There is the chance, however, that English is his first language and that he is using his full power of communication undiluted.

The day I am required to conduct rational patient discussions with such ones is the day I am out of here. The scriptures tell me one is not supposed to do that.

Thanks for the video.  How do you classify people as lower classes? By their degrees?  Just look at some of the film makers and world leaders with high qualifications who have been accused of abnormal sexual activities in recent weeks. The methods used in the so-called studies were totally unscientific to say the least.  I would love to see a study where they DO NOT KNOW who is a witness and who not - this will be fair and just and rule out any predetermined bias.

To keep up with a busy life and do what witnesses do, I would think that one needs to function on a pretty high level of competence to maintain such a tight schedule.... and they stay reasonable even though they are put under pressure for their faith every day.  They face injustice and bias.

Unfortunately when psychiatrists start to give patients medication for bipolar (without the person really being bi-polar) the nature of the medicine is such that it puts great imbalance in the chemical balance of the person and they are stuck in a cycle of taking this medicine for life!  I do not trust psychiatrists - they give out dangerous pills like sweets. In really severe cases where a definite need is established, I would not criticize, but we all know it is like an industrial complex - pills are prescribed because it keeps the coffers of the pharmaceutical companies full.

A fair comparative study of the world and witnesses right now, will bring an even larger gap in numbers since most of the world is using all kinds of serious drugs and this includes Russia, middle east and most western countries. The use and proliferation of drugs has absolutely sky-rocketed! together with immorality and crime.

Study the criminality and mental health of the population and you will see that most of these terrorist killers are now classified as mentally ill to get lesser prison sentences.  We all know it is the crazy fundamentalist ideology driving this. But one does not see them publishing studies on it - one is not even allowed to say anything publically - then you are called names and these terrorists  have been responsible for more than 30,000 attacks world wide since 9/11. (This excludes far-left and far-right ideological groups)

Most witnesses (with or without) a mental illness are totally harmless to other people.  It is rare that they would kill another person.  While sexual misconduct has been tolerated in the world in the past - and did not receive the attention it should have amongst the elite - it is now (at last) being spoken of and we can see the prevalence of it.  The powerful can 'cover' their tracks and get away with it and some can be classified as sociopaths or some other nasty label. 

The few deviant witnesses who have perpetrated sexual crimes have received an inordinate amount of attention in the press in the past.  While other serious sexual criminals have been getting away with it.  I am now thinking of the sexual crime rings (pedophilia) which has been covered up for years in Scotland, Ireland and UK - to just name 3 countries.

Just this week they busted a crime ring (Russia and Italy) where videos were made with children being ill-treated so bad and then "snuffed".   And there is a big underworld business for this!  So don't talk of 'mental illness' amongst witnesses because most of them would not stoop to this level of debasement.  One needs to be seriously mentally ill to be curious to  snuff out children and watch sadistic videos with children - I do not see any studies on this!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.