Ann O'Maly

• Views 30.3k
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought it up because it's one of several places where Furuli's book provides the exact type of anecdote I am familiar with. These types of interactions were evidently memorable and important to Fur

In this world nothing is perfect because humans tend to overstep boundaries - even Moses did so. But if we are really prepared to give our life for another (spirit of christ), then reading our bi

If it was JWI, you’d still be reading it.  Because that “merely” is a pretty big merely.  What if my roof caves in tomorrow and I decide it’s God’s fault? What if I park on the Kingdom H

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Are that old-timer cars?, can you show some photos. I had Citroen DS 1973, before 35 years. Now i am sad that i sold it. I can only watching YouTube and see how expensive these cars are now.    

The DS is a nice vehicle. They look lovely. You should have kept it.......  I have 3 cars, 1 van, 1 motor scooter. I dare not show people the one i mainly drive, which is a 1961 car.  My van is small and scruffy, like me :). My wife has a 1970 Morris Minor, which lives in the car port and hardly ever sees daylight.  She has a small blue car, a modern thing, which is her daily transport. The Motor Scooter is an LML, like a Vespa, but it is automatic. Hopefully it will be sold soon as I do not like it and do not use it.... Two of the cars are very cheap to run as they are MOT exempt (don't need to be examined for road safety) and are tax exempt (don't have to pay to use them on the roads). So it only cost money for insurance and fuel.... The thing with vehicles is this. If you treat a vehicle well and look after it, it will work well and not cause you any trouble. BUT, no matter how nicely you treat people you cannot be sure they will not cause you trouble. I much prefer vehicles :) .... 

13 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

questioning authority, um, I think it is @Arauna 

Yes I do question ALL authority …. so I definitely do not worship the GB as you have often accused me.  I have thought all aspects through carefully.

I am not a natural rebel. I leave that to hotheads like … the OCD crowd. I think things through before I rebel. 

mentioned before, you are a physical man not a spiritual man

Judgment mmmm…..going to deep as you cannot read hearts.

followed Arauna

How silly!  What universe are you living in? 

29 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Yes I do question ALL authority …. so I definitely do not worship the GB

What reasons you have to doing so?

As JW member you have strong Bible reasons for not doing this at all. To not put in question "secular authorities" because they are on their position because God put them there. And also, GB is on their position from 1919 because God put them there too, according to WT publications.

All articles in WT publications speaking against "rebellious attitude". I am surprised to hear that from you or from any other JW member. You can't have both. Defending your standpoint and defending WTJWorg + GB + Helpers in the same time. WT Organization expect from JW members to not put any doubt and to question guidance and leadership of HQ Top Managment.

9 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

To not put in question "secular authorities" because they are on their position because God

Questioning their motives is not being rebellious. I obey carefully, especially if they want me to do something against Jehovahs law. Peter himself said we must obey God rather than men.  So I think you do not understand this issue properly.  Will you go to war if the government tells you to? Will you support LGBTQ  and abortion if the government requires it? 

I am not here to teach you.... .... I suggest you read up a little more about it.

8 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Questioning their motives is not being rebellious.

This is something what you need to reevaluate again. Or to allow to other people doing the same. 

Judging is about dealing with motives of person. Because there, in motives, stands almost all answers why people doing or not doing something. Our deeds or "fruits" from our tree are visible but motives are not so clearly visible or understandable to observer. I am observer of GB deeds, or your's or my own deeds. Deeds are visible with literal eys. Motives are deeper and not so obvious at first look.

mentioned before, you are a physical man not a spiritual man

Quote @Arauna  Judgment mmmm…..going to deep as you cannot read hearts.

@Arauna  I'm only giving back on what I receive from Tom and for you.  

Tow writes I wonder if the yo-yo has taken to plastering a ‘Question Authority’ bumper sticker on his Yugo. Probably not, because there is only one authority that he cares about—unless he has modified it to: “Question GB Authority.” This will cause all his neighbors to think he is nuts, but perhaps they already think it.

You write :  Some people do not even cooperate with others because they feel it encroaches on their autonomy...… those usually have a problem with all types of authority.  Hmmmm.

So, I see those comments as not being at all spiritual. And I repeat that i have never seen a spiritual comment from Tom. But no real harm done and no bad feelings felt for either of you. And yes my dislike is for the GB and for things i see as not being honest or not showing mercy or justice within the CCJW organisation. Jesus said we should love our enemies, but that is easier said than practiced. 

On 7/2/2020 at 2:26 PM, 4Jah2me said:

You write :  Some people do not even cooperate with others because they feel it encroaches on their autonomy

if that hurt then I know that my reprove hit the mark.  (You called me out  for cooperation/obedience, remember?).

I only started calling out your -hate-OCD after seeing your repetitive behavior here on the forum as constant, repetitive and unreasonable hate.  That is all.  I do not reprove you every time you say some hateful or illogical things.... just on occasion, hoping to make you realize what you are doing. But is seems you are past any self-control. So I leave it at that.  I do not want this to become a forum of name calling even though I have given the hate-mongers a label.  The label was to make you think of your actions - that is all.  I am not like those guys who put a label on someone and then send them to the gas chambers...…  I care about all people while there is still time to do so. I have even commended you on occasion when you said something I could agree with. 

I already carry a label: an obedient Jehovah's Witness....  Soon people who hate our label will round us up and put us in modern-day concentration camps, re-education camps or start to liquidate us..... so we know what is waiting for us and proud to carry the label. We are prepared to pay the price.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:27 AM, JW Insider said:

Now that I have kind of figured it out,

What does Rolf the Renegade think about counting time? Does he think it a good idea?

(Did he count his time writing his book, with the exception of the knifing sections? Or are those sections inseparable? )

@César Chávez Billy the Kid and whatever other titles you use. 

Quote "Learn to separate your arguments between church and state. I believe your age demands it."

My reply is quite simple to you.... Learn to separate God from the CCJW. Because right now God and Christ are not working through the CCJW / Watchtower, that has been proven. 

God and Christ do not tell lies or cause suffering. The CCJW do both. 

I quote you "Young Timothy said it best, reprove those that oppose them" 

I believe the words were PAUL'S  written to TIMOTHY. 

And i believe spiritual matters are of far greater importance than physical ones. You, and others, seem to think otherwise. 

@Arauna your accusations do not hurt. I expect accusations from 'opposers of the truth'. The truth hurts as you say. 

I just called you and Tom out for what you both are. Followers of the GB and the Org that are blind to truth. 

I quote you "I already carry a label: an obedient Jehovah's Witness."

Whereas I would sooner be obedient  to God through Christ. 

Quote " I only started calling out your -hate-OCD after seeing your repetitive behavior here on the forum as constant, "

Please remember that Jesus had repetitive behavior of 'calling out' the Pharisees. 

•  

On 6/25/2020 at 6:36 PM, JW Insider said:

This will sound a bit cynical, but I assumed that the GB have been on a constant lookout for a really good practical example to make that old quote from the 11.15.2013 Watchtower seem less "scary" to outsiders. They latched onto this one and hoped it would make sense to enough people, and then they searched high and low for a Witness or two who had been "living in a cave."

How about this one: ‘Go my people into your interior rooms until the denunciation passes over’ being fulfilled right now?

What with everyone partying hearty, waving the flag for Trump, or parading to scale back the police—wait to see how many drop of the pandemic before venturing forth? It may blow over in time, but you can easily get the sense that if may just escalate, ‘each one his hand at his brother’s throat’ for wearing or not wearing a mask, for wanting or not wanting to send the police packing, for the rich getting richer yet, and the poor falling off the table entirely—and pulling down the tablecloth as they go.

And that one is mine: not the GB. And, no, I am not planning a book entitled, “Rolf with me is Okay: The GB has lost their Way. I know the scriptures better than They.“

I get from you the sense that the GB sends up little trial balloons here and there to gauge the response. You think the line of ‘being obedient even if a given direction seems to make little sense from a human point of view’ one of them? I will concede that with some, it has become what for want of a better phrase I will take one from the skeptics: ‘a woo line.’

Still, it might not be that way at all. The scriptures are full of such situations. One that immediately comes to mind is that of sending the singers out front of the army and telling them they need not be prepared to do anything but stand and watch. How much sense does that make? I think they must be dumbstruck at how far certain lines of theirs go, while others fall flat on their face immediately—like the aforementioned instructions on not saving seats, or even not venturing outside the recommended hotel list during conventions. I am told that some cities have had to be abandoned as venues when exceptions to that direction proved so numerous that hotels began to not cooperate with the rooming department.

I think the GB just doesn’t want to find itself in the shoes of Lot—who’s sons-in-law thought he was joking. They want to do the biblically supported role of herding sheep. They don’t want to be overbearing, but at the same time they don’t want to be so loose and vague that they find themselves herding cats.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.