The World News Media

Furuli's new e-book: "My Beloved Religion - And The Governing Body"

Ann O'Maly

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

So Witness has disciples on here does she ?. Um, is that New Light !

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Please, let me ask you, does giving a like and an up-vote to someone’s comment turn that someone into a follower?

Oh dear, then we must have this unending circle of followers following followers, based on upvotes and likes. 

• Views 30.3k
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought it up because it's one of several places where Furuli's book provides the exact type of anecdote I am familiar with. These types of interactions were evidently memorable and important to Fur

In this world nothing is perfect because humans tend to overstep boundaries - even Moses did so. But if we are really prepared to give our life for another (spirit of christ), then reading our bi

If it was JWI, you’d still be reading it.  Because that “merely” is a pretty big merely.  What if my roof caves in tomorrow and I decide it’s God’s fault? What if I park on the Kingdom H

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

ll your contributions indicate to me that you wanted more power because you see yourself as a privileged anointed that needed a position to teach.  You are bitter because you were denied this and accuse others of usurping what you feel belongs to you and was taken away. 

"Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions.

Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings."

I am convinced this is what you suffer from.  Your continual targeted references toward me of my supposed hate, my theorized OCD, as well as the apparent regret of not being recognized as a teacher while in the organization, of not achieving the label as a “leader”, all stem from your own negative feelings, unfulfilled desires, and emotions.  These are what you deal with, not me.

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

Look at your Revelation explanations?  I just shake my head in disbelief...….. maybe you will come up with something more bizarre.... I don't know..... but at this point I think I will not answer you again... so go ahead with your silly accusations.

"Fleeing to God’s organization and its exalted pure worship also means fleeing from the false religious systems of this world, severing all connections with them."  w82 11/15 pp. 5-7 

A religion can be considered “false” when it teaches lies.  Check “Beliefs Clarified”. 

Still, as a people, “the chosen ones” and their loyal companions will physically survive the end of apostate Christendom by taking refuge in Jehovah and his mountainlike (rocklike) organization.  w11 1/15 pp. 3-7

"Do not fear, nor be afraid;
Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
You are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is 
no other Rock;
I know not one.’ ”  Isa 44:8

“For who is God, besides the Lord? And who is a rock, besides our God? 2 Sam 22:32

"The second angel sounded, and something like a great burning mountain was thrown into the sea. One third of the sea became blood"   Rev 8:8  (Matt 21:21)

"Go into the rocks, hide in the ground
    from the fearful presence of the Lord
    and the splendor of his majesty!
11 The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled
    and human pride brought low;  (1 Cor 10:12; 3:18)

the Lord alone will be exalted in that day.
 9 So people will be brought low
    and everyone humbled—
    do not forgive them." (Luke 14:11)
17 The arrogance of man will be brought low
    and human pride humbled;                        

the Lord alone will be exalted in that day
18 and the idols will totally disappear.
(Rev 13:8)
19 People will flee to caves in the rocks
    and to holes in the ground
(Rev 13:4,3)
    from the fearful presence of the Lord
    and the splendor of his majesty,
    when he rises to shake the earth.

“For I will give the command,
    and I will shake the people of
Israel
    among all the nations
as grain is shaken in a sieve,
    and not a pebble will reach the ground.”  Amos 9:9

Haggai 2:6,7; Ps 18:7; Isa 13:13; Heb 12:26; Ezek 38:19; Rev 11:13; 16:18; Joel 3:16

Stop trusting in mere humans,
    who have but a breath in their nostrils.
    Why hold them in esteem?"   Isa 2:10,11,9,17-19,22

Revelation and Daniel’s depiction of the fourth Beast (Rev 13:1) and the harlot/false prophet who “rides”/directs it (Rev 13:11) come against God’s “Israel”, and those with them, through deceitful tactics. (Rev 16:13,14)  JWs have full faith that a "rock" other than only God, will lead them into the Kingdom.  

The establishment of the WT organization is in complete rebellion against God.  And it will come down with the completion of the authentic Holy Zion - the Temple of "living stones".

So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.

What are you, mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’”

Then the word of the Lord came to me: “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple; his hands will also complete it. Then you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you."  Zech 4:6-9

“ When the people saw that Moses was so long in coming down from the mountain, they gathered around Aaron and said, “Come, make us gods **WHO WILL GO BEFORE US.**” Exod 32:1a 

“So Moses went back to the Lord and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold.” Exod 32:31 

Just recently on a jw video, Gajus Glockentin, a GB helper, said:

“LIES CREATES DOUBTS AND UNDERMINES OUR COMPLETE TRUST IN THE GOVERNING BODY.  THIS MAKES US VULNERABLE”

Vulnerable to what? To learning the truth about the idol JWs follow?  That trusting the GB is following blind men into a pit? Matt 15:14 Obviously, this is damage control resulting from the release of Furuli's book.

He continues:

“Jehovah will use his **organization** to **LEAD US** through the great tribulation. THERE IS JUST NO OTHER WAY TO SUCCEED

This is a lie, and it definitely should create doubts in the JW mind.  It is no different than the rebels under Moses creating a golden calf to LEAD them, "GO BEFORE" them,  through the wilderness.    

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matt 11:28-30

“Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”  Matt 17:20

5 minutes ago, Witness said:

Just recently on a jw video, Gajus Glockentin, a GB helper, said:

“LIES CREATES DOUBTS AND UNDERMINES OUR COMPLETE TRUST IN THE GOVERNING BODY.  THIS MAKES US VULNERABLE”

5 minutes ago, Witness said:

He continues:

“Jehovah will use his **organization** to **LEAD US** through the great tribulation. THERE IS JUST NO OTHER WAY TO SUCCEED

It must be that WTJWorg leaders are in great pain for some time. This and some statements before which calls members to full trust in GB is desperate act. Manifestly, members leave "The Club". 

59 minutes ago, Witness said:

I couldn't help but think of the irony here.  What makes a JW vulnerable?  Having complete trust in the GB.  One would be vulnerable to the the results of their misguidance, which they admit, can happen.  

44 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

It must be that WTJWorg leaders are in great pain for some time. This and some statements before which calls members to full trust in GB is desperate act. Manifestly, members leave "The Club". 

Yes.  On so many fronts, they are dealing with opposition and outcry against their leadership.  Mr. Glockentin gave three ways that "Lies create doubts and destroy trust"

"Outright lies" - each false prediction and false doctrine in the organization fits this category

"Cunning reasoning" - 'if Jehovah and Jesus trust the slave, shouldn't you?' 

Here's another -

The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err indoctrinal matters or in organizational direction. In fact, the Watch Tower Publications Index includes the heading “Beliefs Clarified,” which lists adjustments in our Scriptural understanding since 1870. Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. So how can we answer Jesus’ question: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?”  Wt 17/2 p. 26,27   

"Easy solutions with empty promises" -  his own quote:

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Of course, he was referring to the media's "fake news" and the "misinformation" from apostates.  

He stated, that the "greatest lie in the near future" is that of "peace and security".  It is "fake news and many, most people will believe it".  Well, if you're are a part of the only "way to succeed", wouldn't you have inner "peace and security" knowing that you will be led safely through the great tribulation?  

1 Thess 5:3

16 minutes ago, Witness said:

The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err indoctrinal matters or in organizational direction. In fact, the Watch Tower Publications Index includes the heading “Beliefs Clarified,” which lists adjustments in our Scriptural understanding since 1870. Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. So how can we answer Jesus’ question: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?”  Wt 17/2 p. 26,27 

1 hour ago, Witness said:

He continues:

Imperfect spiritual food + err instructions from GB (leadership) aka organization = success in great tribulation .... :))

On 7/6/2020 at 12:59 AM, Anna said:

What I find concerning though is when the same people who see the illogicality of it will then say something to the effect that they will just obey regardless. That's a bit scary. 

i just listened to the video that Witness spoke about:

12 hours ago, Witness said:

Gajus Glockentin, a GB helper,

I fear I might have been wrong about the intended un-scary use of the Covid19 scenario. In the video Brother Glockentin says:

"The good guidance from Jehovah's Organization during this pandemic is just another proof that Jehovah is with the Governing Body."

I'm sure the GB themselves would be much more careful about their wording so that it doesn't come across as manipulative. He surely means well, but probably doesn't realize what we would think of any other organization for trying to create "proof" out of such types of reasoning. If there is more of this, then I might even have to rethink the intentional use of trial balloons.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

In the video Brother Glockentin says:

"The good guidance from Jehovah's Organization during this pandemic is just another proof that Jehovah is with the Governing Body."

As you may already hear or read about Covid 19 in Croatia, Croatia is, according to news,  among few countries that had best results in protection population from pandemic in "first wave".  In cca 4 months (from last period of February to July 7) here is 3272 infected, 2141 cured and 113 deaths.

The ruling parliamentary party, which won elections again on Sunday, boasts that the situation is good with regard to this contagion because they have managed well in times of crisis and made the right decisions. 

So, which, what God was with HDZ (party in power)? Did HDZ received JHVH help and does this is proof how JHVH helped this party to won elections again and to be His Servant ("secular authority") in Croatia? :))

I wonder how many people on here really believe that they are in the right organization.... they seem to be just tagging along.... for incase.... I do not think the comment above strengthened the brother and I happen to agree with him ... because I have tasted the goodness of Jehovah while associating with his people in this time. I had association with his people on line and all my spiritual food still delivered on time. We even do field service together online. OH, yee who make scholarly dogma and critical thinking your god...….a compulsion to show the opposite to be true ... just to make a critical point. Here is my silly "unscholarly" argument: My government, republic of Georgie, also had very little Covid deaths - we are now partially opened and can travel overseas to EU etc... but we may have to go into quarantine when getting back... so no-one is leaving except government officials. The GB gave instructions to quarantine self when many governments were still allowing their people to travel and move around. They did not only have concern for our lives but were discreet - not like other churches here in Georgia that said it is their right to have the bread and wine and all congregants will share the same glass as it is their tradition. They literally believe that God will protect them just like many Muslims did.... so in my thinking …. GB did a good job. Some of our Russian sisters here left in time for home before the borders closed...…their places of work closed shortly after in any case and they would have been stuck. Many of detractors here will of course find reasons to call GB all kinds of wicked names... but yes, give GB credit where it is due. It seems they are cautious...… .

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

I wonder how many people on here really believe that they are in the right organization.... they seem to be just tagging along.... for incase.... I do not think the comment above strengthened the brother and I happen to agree with him ... because I have tasted the goodness of Jehovah while associating with his people in this time. I had association with his people on line and all my spiritual food still delivered on time. We even do field service together online. OH, yee who make scholarly dogma and critical thinking your god...….a compulsion to show the opposite to be true ... just to make a critical point. Here is my silly "unscholarly" argument: My government, republic of Georgie, also had very little Covid deaths - we are now partially opened and can travel overseas to EU etc... but we may have to go into quarantine when getting back... so no-one is leaving except government officials. The GB gave instructions to quarantine self when many governments were still allowing their people to travel and move around. They did not only have concern for our lives but were discreet - not like other churches here in Georgia that said it is their right to have the bread and wine and all congregants will share the same glass as it is their tradition. They literally believe that God will protect them just like many Muslims did.... so in my thinking …. GB did a good job. Some of our Russian sisters here left in time for home before the borders closed...…their places of work closed shortly after in any case and they would have been stuck. Many of detractors here will of course find reasons to call GB all kinds of wicked names... but yes, give GB credit where it is due. It seems they are cautious...… .

@Arauna   No one is saying that the GB cannot get anything right, BUT what is being said is IT IS NOT PROOF OF GOD'S HELP. 

So for a GB helper or anyone to say it PROVES that God is with the GB, is just stupidity and will be seen by many as such.

The GB and it's Org agrees with God's word in the Bible on some things, so they get some things right, but it still does not PROVE that God is with them. 

@Srecko Sostar comment was sarcasm i think :) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.