The World News Media

Are Wrongly Disfellowshipped People Automatically Reinstated?

Jesus.defender

• Views 5.4k
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is, that Grey Reformer is too lacking in general knowledge of what has been going on around him (or her) to reform anything. Before you can fix a problem ... you have to know there IS

That depends on what you mean, new light. 1914 stands as it always has. Therefore, no one that I can think of has been disfellowshipped for an error in their of opinion they might have. There are form

Yes, but Ray Franz left behind two very detailed biographies of his experiences and observations .... which at least one is available on Amazon.com, or, with a little searching, you might be able to g

Posted Images

On 6/23/2018 at 3:04 AM, Jesus.defender said:

Since the Organization has received "new light" regarding the 1914 generation, and completely changed their view on this, does this mean that all the former Jehovah's witnesses who were disfellowshipped years ago for the same view the organization is now teaching will automatically be accepted into fellowship again?

Of course. It is not automatic, though. Such ones have gone on to other things. What are you going to do, search the globe for them?

If they have not gotten too carried away with their own brilliance, they can apply for reinstatement, and providing that that is the sole hangup, yes, they will be reinstated.

This is not rocket science. It happens all the time. The Witness organization is very open about it. Many times they have adjusted a viewpoint to coinside with what somebody else years ago said. Alas, often that 'somebody else' is long gone. I think it was on a recent monthly broadcast. John says they went out from among us 'because they were not of our sort.' Part of being 'of our sort' is acquiescing to the theocratic direction that they signed on for. 

Look, if you want to belong to some outfit where everyone can have an epiphany and then become livid at everyone else for not falling into line, be my guest. I'll stay where there is a measure of sanity.

Anyone wrongfully excommunicated and or expelled from a religious faith are accepted back into the fold and church ties are restored, the same can be said about position and or activities done by the person in question, this goes for the Islamic counterpart, as well as the Judaism counterpart.

However, anyone who follow the wrong way to excommunicate, which is those cut off are Damned, as some would say, even if wrongfully expelled, they cannot re-enter the fold, you'll have to jump some hoops to get out of that deep hole because not easy if you are of a denomination that follows the incorrect way to excommunicate.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:
  On 6/23/2018 at 9:04 AM, Jesus.defender said:

Since the Organization has received "new light" regarding the 1914 generation, and completely changed their view on this, does this mean that all the former Jehovah's witnesses who were disfellowshipped years ago for the same view the organization is now teaching will automatically be accepted into fellowship again?

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

What are you going to do, search the globe for them?

YES! If elders have interest to Imitate Jesus they will do exactly this, to search for the lost sheep - Mat.18:12-14:   “What do you think? If a man has 100 sheep and one of them strays,+ will he not leave the 99 on the mountains and set out on a search for the one that is straying?+ 13  And if he finds it, I certainly tell you, he rejoices more over it than over the 99 that have not strayed. 14  Likewise, it is not a desirable thing to my* Father who is in heaven for even one of these little ones to perish.

36 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

13  And if he finds it, I certainly tell you, he rejoices more over it than over the 99 that have not strayed. 14  Likewise, it is not a desirable thing to my* Father who is in heaven for even one of these little ones to perish.

We don't actually kill them.

We just make those treated with cruelty, in some cases, commit suicide.

..... plausible deniability.

10 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

He didn’t stray. He busted down the fence and bolted.

If you were a  real sheep, that's a VERY good idea.

When you get invited to dinner ... YOU are on the menu.

With THE WAY that we are doing disfellowshipping today ... we ARE ... eating our own.

(Baaaaaa!)

I often wonder, if one family of the 5 million Jews that left Egypt, and got stuck in the sands of the Sinai Peninsula for 40 years, had decided to head North, instead of wandering around in circles for 40 years ... if they would have been better off ... or worse off.

From the Biblical accounts, the Jews were generally a bunch of nasty, cruel, hard-headed people.

Since God’s authority and punishment of the Israelites are being questioned, why not ask him directly? Just donÂ’t wait for a bolt of lightning to hit you. Judgment will come later when your question gets answered. Just donÂ’t cry about it, when it does. Especially, when people know through baptism, but didnÂ’t keep their promise. Instead, they allowed former witnesses and world society influence their decision to rebel. Romans 3:22-31 Duck, Duck, Goose.

The laws of probability are not whether you compare apples to kangaroos, much rather than see the kangaroo take possession of the apple and eat it.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:49 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If you were a  real sheep, that's a VERY good idea.

When you get invited to dinner ... YOU are on the menu.

With THE WAY that we are doing disfellowshipping today ... we ARE ... eating our own.

(Baaaaaa!)

Such ones are called sheep (figuratively) and or of the same flock, of the same Shepherd, who is the one who represents God and those under him via instruction and the like.

As for excommunication, I wouldn't call it eating our own, mainly if you use what was entrusted the right way vs. the wrong way, and according to the article I posted several times before, 2 out of the 3 ways are incorrect while one is correct, with the focus being on Christendom and or the Church, for excommunication is a Church Disciplinary Action in of itself.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:55 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I often wonder, if one family of the 5 million Jews that left Egypt, and got stuck in the sands of the Sinai Peninsula for 40 years, had decided to head North, instead of wandering around in circles for 40 years ... if they would have been better off ... or worse off.

From the Biblical accounts, the Jews were generally a bunch of nasty, cruel, hard-headed people.

Not all of them, some try to do there best, but on the other side of the spectrum, they are down right nasty to the core, after all, Earthly Jerusalem sought to kill the Christ, even going as far as to turn people against him and so forth, and such ones allow themselves to be blinded by the Devil, and so forth. The Jews were not too friendly with their counterparts either, for instance The Samaritans. As for others, clearly misguided and or astray, hence the term, lost sheep, for even if we are talking about a literal sheep also, who ends up getting lost, it would not even know where it is going, etc.

But yes, a flock of sheep to watch over is not easy, mainly if you are just one man, and possibly having a dog that is of "Sam Sheepdog" type level to help you a bit.

@TrueTomHarley @Srecko Sostar The Sheep will always be found as long as the Shepherd seeks the one sheep, as spoken of in the parable in the passage, and be brought back to the fold. So in a way, if the sheep does go away, some effort will most definitely be made.

I also like to point out the cross-references for this verse too, which is in more detail from Luke's account (The Gospel of Luke)

• Luke 15:3-7 - [3] So he told them this parable: [4] “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? [5] And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. [6] And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ [7] Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

As well as from Peter,

• 1 Peter 2:25 - For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.