The World News Media

What concept/concepts is behind the term "inspired"?

Srecko Sostar

On 7/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, Witness said:

Which the anointed are now doing in the organization.  

But it would seem some people are doing it worse to the point they interject their feelings and teachings into the church of the Christ, granted our last discussion, an alien teaching that never originated with the early apostolic church and therefore should be refuted without question: 

Therefore my response still stands as such: It is also problematic of claiming to be of the chosen ones when those who do claim adhere to the teachings of men.

We also must not forget the fact some claims commit God to be the villain, for he has sent, to quote, Satan the Devil to the Egyptians. This interpretation corrupts context when we know Satan is God's adversary, and when one draws context, it can easily be seen that willful acceptance of said error shows those with discernment a so called chosen one who adheres to teachings of men, are false.

• Views 8.1k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not lying. Mistaken. Mistaken for almost the same reason that any of us --either currently, or in the past-- have believed the GB are a small group of men. When I believed it, I was not lying. It was

Wow! Is there something holding you back from saying what's really on your mind? My father and grandfather attended KM school in Pittsburgh back in the early 70's about a year apart from each oth

It's quite clear from your words that they are INTENDED to apply only to your agenda. If all four legged animals are horses ... then a cow must, by your logic, be a vegetable. Your Billy-thi

Posted Images

On 6/30/2019 at 11:32 AM, JOHN BUTLER said:

So does a person have to use the name Jehovah to witness about Almighty God ? What if a person uses the name Yahweh ?  

Yahweh, Jehovah, Yeovah, Ieovah, Yahuh, Jahweh, etc. They all point back to YHWH. Aside from that, despite the modern pronunciation being Yahweh or Jehovah, thanks to the research done by means of 1,000 manuscript and what Nehemiah had discovered, we see the recognition of Yehovah. Now this could pose a problem for those who said Jehovah is an error because a transliteration of Yehovah points to Jehovah, likewise, of Yisrael to Israel, Yacob to Jacob.

That being said, God understands all who call him, granted some prefer any of the forms of YHWH mentioned already, likewise to his Son, Jesus, when people refer to him as Joshua, Yeshua, etc.

@TrueTomHarley Yes. The majority today, to quote a Bible team on YouTube, stated the modern saying of God's name is Yahweh or Jehovah, however, Jehovah is used more, in addition to that you have Yehovah, in which Mr. Gordon had spoken about heavily to the general public and even Jewish rabbis regarding his research.

But yeah, the Most High understands us, for me I am use to saying Yahweh (Yah) in English, in my native tongue on my father's side we say Yewova whereas the Y sounds like a J. As for Jesus, it is second nature for me to say the English way, sometimes I merely say Yeshua, despite this, people know who I am talking about.

5 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Therefore my response still stands as such: It is also problematic of claiming to be of the chosen ones when those who do claim adhere to the teachings of men.

In the WT, anointed ones are being disfellowshipped for rejecting false teachings, which happen to come from men. John 16:2; Rev 13:15 They are disfellowshipped because they uphold Christ as their Head, and not men.   Pearl is a woman, and an anointed one, who was disfellowshipped for speaking truth. If I recognize that truth, what does that have to do with my validation as an anointed one when speaking and teaching what I've learned from Pearl?     In the anointed Body of Christ, arranged by GOD, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal 3:28  All one in Christ, in teachings - in what the Holy Spirit provides.  

Since your opinion is so similar to those who favor ruling over the anointed Body of Christ, I say -

"Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand" Rom 14:4

You have never been a member of the WT organization, from what I recall.  As the expression goes,  if you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk.  Until you've experienced what it is to wake up to a lie and then realize you must leave it to follow in Christ's footsteps, your opinion on the anointed ones and their situation in the WT, holds no value with me whatsoever. 

However, I thank you for linking to that conversation.  Perhaps others, will see truth.  

edited

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Thanks for that, SM. I did know it. I just said what I did to answer someone who it seems to me is deliberately obtuse.

The truth is TTH you take some people more seriously than others, but only for your own convenience. 

So SM says it is ok to use  " Yahweh, Jehovah, Yeovah, Ieovah, Yahuh, Jahweh, etc. They all point back to YHWH. " and you do not disagree. Whereas if I said it, you would make a mountain out of it. 

I know you are only here to get ammo for your books but you could at least be consistent with how you reply to people.  

Do you find everyone that disagrees with you 'deliberately obtuse', or is it only me ?  

@Witness You're welcome.

That being said, they will also see how you interjected teachings of men concerning Jesus' church, and your attempt to use a prophetess as a church leader, let alone claiming a slander of misogyny when said slander was directed to someone who takes his culture seriously, let alone agreeing with someone who is cool with sex change. let alone going about something you do not understand and pushing a falsehood, a strong one, as a truth.

I linked this conversation elsewhere too, especially CSE, and the majority pointed out, as I have, that you are not among the chosen, even one another whom I do who has heard his call, SoG, makes the same response concerning you.

As I had told you before, you scrap your knee caps, one too many times, and I can clearly see even if the discussion was not about JWs at all, you cannot hold your own concerning the Bible, in fact, the only thing that holds you is JWs, and that discussion we see without your help from JW sources, you do not hold fast that well, even going as far with the ageism response.

Check thyself before ye wreck'th thyself because such a path concerning you is clearly not one leading you to the Kingdom of God, mainly if you speak against what he has in place and resort to referring one of his holy spirit filled followers as one speaking of mere opinion.

Truly they will see, no they have seen the truth of the matter, concerning the Church of the Christ.

I always walk my walk and talk my talk because as a Christian, as a truther and what my culture represents, I do not use slander as a truth in which you have done so many times, more so, worse of the worse, I do not twist or mix Scripture, which you continue to do, when I and others have called you out of this.

7 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

So SM says it is ok to use  " Yahweh, Jehovah, Yeovah, Ieovah, Yahuh, Jahweh, etc. They all point back to YHWH. " and you do not disagree. Whereas if I said it, you would make a mountain out of it. 

That is because what I stated was pulled from a credible source. Mainly if you understand Translation and Transliteration. In your case, you lack understanding in Translation granted the whole situation with a fisherman's garment some months back.

Anyways, the source in question is Mr. Nehemiah Gordon and the Bible Team

Also Yahuh is Arabic form of YHWH

3 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

and your attempt to use a prophetess as a church leader, let alone claiming a slander of misogyny when said slander was directed to someone who takes his culture seriously, let alone agreeing with someone who is cool with sex change.

You're over the top.  Sex change?  Really?  

On 7/6/2019 at 1:21 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

I know you are only here to get ammo for your books but you could at least be consistent with how you reply to people.  

Come now, John, what do you expect? Of course I am here to get ammo.

You have logged hundreds of comments here during the past year. I can’t recall that you have budged even the tiniest degree on the tiniest point.

When someone answers one of your complaints, you shake it off like a dog shakes off water, and lodge the complaint again. When someone attempts to “meet you halfway,” you take their end and beat them over the head with it. So, do you think that I am here to converse with you?

I don’t even think that it is proper to do so. After your congregation elders were totally unable to reason with you on your strident points, you cut all ties with the Christian congregation. And now you think that you will come online and do what you could not do with then in person? Not with me, you’re not. I trust those guys.

Furthermore, I don’t think that I am the only one who keeps endless conversations going for the sake of gaining feedback from arguments. 

With me, it is a variation of “Run it up the flagpost, and see who salutes it.” It is “Run it up the flagpost and see if John succeeds in shooting any holes in it.” I know very well that the air will be acrid with gunpowder. But that is not the same thing as hitting it. Once in a while you do graze it a little and then I rethink matters and reconsider presentation.

29 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Come now, John, what do you expect? Of course I am here to get ammo.

You have logged hundreds of comments here during the past year. I can’t recall that you have budged even the tiniest degree on the tiniest point.

When someone answers one of your complaints, you shake it off like a dog shakes off water, and lodge the complaint again. When someone attempts to “meet you halfway,” you take their end and beat them over the head with it. So, do you think that I am here to converse with you?

I don’t even think that it is proper to do so. After your congregation elders were totally unable to reason with you on your strident points, you cut all ties with the Christian congregation. And now you think that you will come online and do what you could not do with then in person? Not with me, you’re not. I trust those guys.

Furthermore, I don’t think that I am the only one who keeps endless conversations going for the sake of gaining feedback from arguments. 

With me, it is a variation of “Run it up the flagpost, and see who salutes it.” It is “Run it up the flagpost and see if John succeeds in shooting any holes in it.” I know very well that the air will be acrid with gunpowder. But that is not the same thing as hitting it. Once in a while you do graze it a little and then I rethink matters and reconsider presentation.

That's a lot of words just to say that what you write is a load of cr-p and that you are not genuine, but thanks for proving my point. 

I never bother reading any of your 'books' as they are probs as 'genuine' as your comments on here, which is not at all. 

Of course you can't remember me ever saying to some one 'Thanks for that I hadn't looked at it in that way'.  Or to Anna, 'I would need more information on that point'. And you won't remember me ever giving upvotes to anyone at all of course.

You are a typical JW, you want to paint me as the villian, tell the world John is an apostate with grudge. So be it Tom, write your books, get your fame, earn your money, be a selfish writer that only writes half truth and lies. Keep pretending that all ex JW's are nasty people with a grudge. It suits your agenda, and gives you ammo.  But how it could give you a clean conscience before God I do not know

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.