The World News Media

Furuli's new e-book: "My Beloved Religion - And The Governing Body"

Ann O'Maly

8 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Psalm 141:5 . . .“Should the righteous one strike me, it would be an act of loyal love; Should he reprove me, it would be like oil on my head, Which my head would never refuse. My prayer will continue even during their calamities.” 

Such an amazingly great scripture. It can take years to fully get our hearts and our head around it.

• Views 30.3k
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought it up because it's one of several places where Furuli's book provides the exact type of anecdote I am familiar with. These types of interactions were evidently memorable and important to Fur

In this world nothing is perfect because humans tend to overstep boundaries - even Moses did so. But if we are really prepared to give our life for another (spirit of christ), then reading our bi

If it was JWI, you’d still be reading it.  Because that “merely” is a pretty big merely.  What if my roof caves in tomorrow and I decide it’s God’s fault? What if I park on the Kingdom H

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

He came to have the same problem that Rolf is going to have—having “false friends” sucking him dry for info, kissing his feet with praise, ecstatic at the ‘dirt’ they think he is spilling, then turning around and saying he is delusional for not abandoning every last vestige of Witness belief—just like you do with JWI. At the same time, his genuine friends distance themselves. At least Rolf will find some companionship within the airy world of ‘scholarship’—no such luck for JTR.

Perhaps JTR was surrounded with "false friends" for much longer time before he joined this forum and had conversation with ex-JW's here. If you noticed i respected JTR choice of his decisions. It is in him only to "take side" or to balancing in intellectual and emotional turmoil. 

As you said, "his genuine friends distance themselves" and "his own kids deserted him". Also, JTR acted as "spiritual terrorist" (your description) on this forum. 

This "terrorist" issue remind me on @4Jah2me and @Arauna conversation about GB and them as "spiritual dictators".

How different they are. JTR and GB.

@TrueTomHarley  I actually feel very sad about your massive comment in which you try to blame me for JTR's problems.  Sad for you Tom. Because you must be feeling a great deal of hurt to write such things. 

Quote " You did everything you could to separate him from his God. Remember, he was on my side of the Great Issue, not yours."

He didn't need to take your side or mine. He is a strong enough man to make his own decisions.  And your accusation against me is not that of a true Christian. Plus the fact that: The CCJW is NOT God. 

Quote " Rolf makes perfectly clear that he regards his faith as true." 

I also regard my faith as true. My faith is in Almighty God through Jesus Christ. My faith is not in the GB of CCJW. 

Quote " You can’t go about life being hypercritical. You have to be ready to move on. You can’t go digging through the diamonds to find the dirt. You have to be ready to forgive."

The GB have diamonds ? No. The dirt is on the top for those that actually see it. CSA isn't buried anymore. What was done in the dark is now brought out into the open. CSA is not hypercritical. 

The GB are being shown up for what they really are, and not just by 'idiots' like me. 

Mr Rook seemed to have his own reasons for disliking the Organisation. He made that quite clear.

And as for his family it seems they don't agree with your ways. Were they ready to move on or to forgive ? It seems not. JWs in practice. Hypocrisy. 

And by your tone, it seems that you hold a grudge against me. No forgiveness there then, only blame.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:33 PM, 4Jah2me said:

Do any of then meet the mark of serving God through Christ properly ?

Depends how critical and judgmental you are of the people. (A cultural fault, I found amongst many of the British).  If a group of people have all the core teachings absolutely correct, then you should be happy to serve with them because one serves jehovah - not people.  But if you only focus on the imperfect  people - then no community of believers will ever be good enough for your self-righteous soul. You will miss out on the many blessings you could have had.  

On 6/4/2020 at 5:00 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

I’m not sure where all this Zondervan stuff started, but I wish that somewhere Rolf could have pointed out the conflict-of-interest in putting Big Business in charge of distributing the Word of God. 

Well put.

11 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

The GB have diamonds ? No. The dirt is on the top for those that actually see it. CSA

There you go again... back to the old behaviour. Just can't help yourself heh?

We were talking about JT . I agree with Tom.  He found himself being loved by you hate- mongerers way too much and realized he has to do a personal re-evaluation.  

I sincerely hope he is doing well.  .......

13 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Perhaps JTR was surrounded with "false friends" for much longer time before he joined this forum

False assumption.  I knew a man who had a similar personality than JT. 

He was a difficult man to understand and had a problem to fit in with other JWs because of his personality.   It was due to growing up in an orphanage all his life.

His wife's faithfulness helped the children to remain faithful. (They came in the truth together). He had left the truth for several years because he was witty like JT but with a quirky element of black acidity in it.  Most people fled because  they could not handle it - not because they did not care.

Age did not soften his personality...... but he was in truth a good man.  He provided well for his family and would eagerly help strangers.  He would laugh easy but always had a look about him as though he was a suspicious predatory cat which  did not trust his surroundings.  Whatever happened to him as a child formed a lasting disability - which was unseen to the eye.   

He therefore needed much more love from us all ..... but most of us had our own baggage and issues- not enough love to give someone like him some peace and heal the damage. Only jehovah can do this.

This person came back into the congregation before he died. He had never broken any biblical laws except that he was a hard man to understand.

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

Depends how critical and judgmental you are of the people. (A cultural fault, I found amongst many of the British).  If a group of people have all the core teachings absolutely correct, then you should be happy to serve with them because one serves jehovah - not people.  But if you only focus on the imperfect  people - then no community of believers will ever be good enough for your self-righteous soul. You will miss out on the many blessings you could have had.  

@Arauna  you sound so bitter for a supposed Christian that is supposedly serving God 

@Srecko Sostar  asked which 'church' he should belong to, and I answered him. 

You talk about having teachings correct, but the GB constantly change their 'teachings'. And on another topic you many note that i call the GB out for their deceit when they say that Jesus calls them the F&DS. 

So I think it is your GB that are 'self-righteous' in a truer sense. Putting themselves first, making a name for themselves. 

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

personality

Personality is very strong "thing", and was shaped with many known and unknown elements we are not aware, sometimes, or not at all aware of them to the end of life.

Maybe we could say about that thing like this. For example, someone who is hasty in words, after learning the “truth” of JW’s and Bible, become successful in softening this nature or it became somehow invisible to others. But that does not necessarily mean how a person changes his personality and deleted bad attribute, but he / she is just able to control more certain behavior. Another reason for this look on matter is Bible fact how imperfection inherited from first people is here. And it is not gone because you are JW or whatever else. 

This can be topic for conversation. Even people in Bible who was "inspired" to do some God's act was "inspired" for particular moment and deed. They are not people who "changed their personality" given by nature and build up by  family, society, events, learning and experience. 

WTJWorg said how reading Bible, hard work to change bad aspirations/tendencies, good society and help of HS will bring you "new personality". But still, WTJWorg say another fact, we are still imperfect and err (i will add: purposely or not purposely) till the end of 1000 years Kingdom. 

Question still stay: What you manage to change, what you changed in fact, in meanwhile??

Nature is written in the blood and flesh much stronger than we think.

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

you sound so bitter for a supposed Christian that is supposedly serving God 

Sorry if I come across that way. I am the least bitter person you can ever meet. Sweet, friendly and open... no bitterness.   Almost childlike but with a keen eye for observation. Nothing misses my eye when it comes to observation....because I care about people. 

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

GB constantly change their 'teachings'. And on

The fundamental teachings have been the same with minor adjustments...... so this is not a true statement.  You look only to the few changes and not the entire Body - which is the same.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

attribute, but he / she is just able to control more certain behavior.

Agree. In the beginning they control these emotions but a  relapse can come. After many years it is easier.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

fact how imperfection inherited from first people

Some peoples weaknesses are more pronounced where others can be hidden by good manners....... but all of us are very flawed....we all need Jehovahs mercy very much and should give more mercy to each other.

But sometimes we deal with our own baggage and do not know how to deal with other peoples baggage.... this is just reality. But we should widen out and try..... 

15 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Sorry if I come across that way. I am the least bitter person you can ever meet

I can instantly see this. It is true of me, as well. Bitterness has no place at....excuse me—

Hey, you rotten kids! Get off of my lawn!!!!”

(Sorry—couldn’t resist) Of course you are not bitter. It’s quite plain. Nor am I. Not at all. Frankly, if you still hang on to bitterness at our age you will soon be dead from it.

I posted in Twitter just now, and it doesn’t perfectly fit, but it almost does. 4Jah is right—I like to hear myself talk, or more to the point, I need someplace to go for a writing workshop. Why not here?

For a long time I’ve practiced, if I follow one viewpoint on Twitter, I also go out and follow its polar opposite. In that way I’ve come to see that such polarization is everywhere, not just politics, not just my field of religion, not just social issues, but everywhere....1/3‬

It is very rare for people to switch from one camp to another. The notion that we are rational beings is largely a facade. In the context of religion, I say ‘the heart chooses its beliefs and then entrusts the head to devise a justification...2/3‬

‪Who can say what makes the heart? But our individual experience no doubt are a huge factor, if not the dominant one....3/3‬

By this measure, Jehovah’s Witnesses (not those born into it) are a most unusual people. They have changed on fundamental outlook—something almost nobody does. And what their ‘apostates’ who have gone back to the things left behind? Aren’t they unusual, too? Nah—they just got cold feet as to the changes they made and retreated back to the seeming normalcy of Demas.

Maybe that’s why (within limits) I can hang out here without taking offense at anyone, even should things be specifically directed at me. We are all but actors in a play. It is the play that is the topic to follow. The actors are not all that important. You don’t have to know much about the actors to follow the play—it can even be a distraction if you do.

@TrueTomHarley YOUR COMMENT ABOVE IS CLICK BATE OF COURSE. But it just makes you look very childish in a bad way. 

I'm glad it keeps you happy though. :) 

@Srecko Sostar   As for personality. Everyone has a split personality or a dual one. Especially JWs because they are told to change, it does not happen naturally.

However when a person does get a Christian conscience then they begin to look more deeply at scripture and at the church / organisation they belong to. Hence many leave the CCJW because they can observe so much hypocrisy and immorality in it. The ones that stay are the ones either too lazy to look deeply, or, the ones that are too frightened to lose family and so called friends. 

But TTH pretends they leave because they cannot cope with it. He also pretends that they all go off into the 'world'. I suppose it might be the only way Tom can handle the fact that so many people leave the CCJW voluntarily. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.