The World News Media

How a Christmas song would lead me to believe that our 1914 teaching must be right after all.

JW Insider

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

I saw it as satirizing the logic and reasoning that went into many of the things we were taught, making up all kinds of things and adding and subtracting them to fit.…. Sorta like the long standing and famous “Question from Readers” essay “Are cats for True Christians ?” or the equally famous David Splane “Overlapping Generations” chart … and just as good!

And of course, some things are merely coincidence, enhanced by the conclusion involving invisible wars, invisible presences, and other things completely without verifiable hard evidence.….. but then again, I completely believe in the “Rainbow Bridge”, without any Scriptural support or evidence of any kind.

222E8A8E-54F3-413B-83E8-0EC23C0A082E.jpeg

788CFAA6-9D59-49C4-BC51-B1E663A6AED4.jpeg

C9E8245D-8534-4933-9547-D60756E3DF4E.jpeg

which of course brings me back to my question on another thread about the nature of things ……

“Where is “Point A”?”

I know where I’d like to point your A…..

• Views 14.3k
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure. I have no idea who will be saved or not. Nor does it make any difference to my personal responsibility to make known the good news.

To me this is why I don't sweat it when someone says that I gave a "bad witness". I try not to, but it's going to happen and happen repeatedly. We all have patterns. I just keep trying and relax while

So here in Genesis 15 we have a verse of the Bible, which in context is about the Abrahamic Covenant and is also a very clear discussion of chronology. It points out the time, the actual number of yea

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

I saw it as satirizing the logic and reasoning that went into many of the things we were taught, making up all kinds of things and adding and subtracting them to fit.…

Me too. But then I remembered JWI said he was trying to be good. Would he really create a whole post showing himself to be "bad" I wondered...Or is he just bored...

This is funny, here we are debating the intentions of the writer instead of the contents, lol.

But you must admit, the title of the post sounds a bit tongue in cheek....

23 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Here I know I will garner Pudgy’s sincere sympathy—one dog lover to another—when I reveal my own friend took that route not three weeks ago: 

9A110D7E-4628-4174-AA6B-6471FD2478ED.jpeg

Why do they live so short? 😥

My son and I have often wondered that because we believe Jehovah directly created the dog to be man's animal companion, because dogs are so....well....human like in their emotions, the way they relate to us. Losing a dog to me is like what an atheist must feel after losing a loved one (like "they live in our memory" kind of thing). Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people who put animals on an inappropriate pedestal, but it's definitely a mournful time for us when we feel we won't see this creature again. 

In the new world there will be no sorrow, I wonder, will we feel differently about losing our pets? 

I hope they get to live a lot longer, that's for sure...

19 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

No sorrow means the “New Scrolls” that are opened will explain. 

Perhaps the New System is ALSO the Rainbow Bridge, and God never mentioned it before, because dogs get in free.

Just a guess……

Also, the Bible promises all our hearts desires will be fulfilled...

Of course these desires can only be pure. I doubt someone would get away with desiring 70 virgins. But surely wanting to see our beloved pet is a pure desire.....?

It I my understanding that the Islamic scripture that promises “70 virgins” is a mistranslation, and what it really promises are 70 white raisins.

Surprise!

….. and I strongly suspect virginity is highly over rated, and the coolest thing in Muslim fashion is a bomb vest.

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

No sorrow means the “New Scrolls” that are opened will explain. 

Perhaps the New System is ALSO the Rainbow Bridge, and God never mentioned it before, because dogs get in free.

Just a guess……

Yes….the next time the brothers are rummaging around for ‘new light’ I hope someone will gaze in this direction.

3 hours ago, Anna said:

@JW Insiderare you conducting a gullibility experiment? 

Here our mutt was so indignant upon spotting a JWI crew installing 1914 Interpretive Apparatus on our front line.  I mean, he had no right!

7DBA10D2-3382-4B7D-B051-0D2E19D26F4B.jpeg

(I think a hint (still haven’t read it) is that JWI’s running with same type of dating and formula approach that he’s dissed in the past.)

1 minute ago, WalterPrescott said:

Why are you so entrenched into thinking your opinion matters? It is the faith that others have, just like those in ancient times that understood prophecy, that should matter. 

I bet you're fun at parties! 

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• It appears to me that this is a key aspect of the 2030 initiative ideology. While the Rothschilds were indeed influential individuals who were able to sway governments, much like present-day billionaires, the true impetus for change stems from the omnipotent forces (Satan) shaping our world. In this case, there is a false God of this world. However, what drives action within a political framework? Power! What is unfolding before our eyes in today's world? The relentless struggle for power. The overwhelming tide of people rising. We cannot underestimate the direct and sinister influence of Satan in all of this. However, it is up to individuals to decide how they choose to worship God. Satanism, as a form of religion, cannot be regarded as a true religion. Consequently, just as ancient practices of child sacrifice had a place in God's world, such sacrifices would never be accepted by the True God of our universe. Despite the promising 2030 initiative for those involved, it is unfortunately disintegrating due to the actions of certain individuals in positions of authority. A recent incident serves as a glaring example, involving a conflict between peaceful Muslims and a Jewish representative that unfolded just this week. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/11/us-delegation-saudi-arabia-kippah?ref=upstract.com Saudi Arabia was among the countries that agreed to the initiative signed by approximately 179 nations in or around 1994. However, this initiative is now being undermined by the devil himself, who is sowing discord among the delegates due to the ongoing Jewish-Hamas (Palestine) conflict. Fostering antisemitism. What kind of sacrifice does Satan accept with the death of babies and children in places like Gaza, Ukraine, and other conflicts around the world, whether in the past or present, that God wouldn't? Whatever personal experiences we may have had with well-known individuals, true Christians understand that current events were foretold long ago, and nothing can prevent them from unfolding. What we are witnessing is the result of Satan's wrath upon humanity, as was predicted. A true religion will not involve itself in the politics of this world, as it is aware of the many detrimental factors associated with such engagement. It understands the true intentions of Satan for this world and wisely chooses to stay unaffected by them.
    • This idea that Satan can put Jews in power implies that God doesn't want Jews in power. But that would also imply that God only wants "Christians" including Hitler, Biden, Pol Pot, Chiang Kai-Shek, etc. 
    • @Mic Drop, I don't buy it. I watched the movie. It has all the hallmarks of the anti-semitic tropes that began to rise precipitously on social media during the last few years - pre-current-Gaza-war. And it has similarities to the same anti-semitic tropes that began to rise in Europe in the 900's to 1100's. It was back in the 500s AD/CE that many Khazars failed to take or keep land they fought for around what's now Ukraine and southern Russia. Khazars with a view to regaining power were still being driven out into the 900's. And therefore they migrated to what's now called Eastern Europe. It's also true that many of their groups converted to Judaism after settling in Eastern Europe. It's possibly also true that they could be hired as mercenaries even after their own designs on empire had dwindled.  But I think the film takes advantage of the fact that so few historical records have ever been considered reliable by the West when it comes to these regions. So it's easy to fill the vacuum with some very old antisemitic claims, fables, rumors, etc..  The mention of Eisenhower in the movie was kind of a giveaway, too. It's like, Oh NO! The United States had a Jew in power once. How on earth could THAT have happened? Could it be . . . SATAN??" Trying to tie a connection back to Babylonian Child Sacrifice Black Magick, Secret Satanism, and Baal worship has long been a trope for those who need to think that no Jews like the Rothschilds and Eisenhowers (????) etc would not have been able to get into power in otherwise "Christian" nations without help from Satan.    Does child sacrifice actually work to gain power?? Does drinking blood? Does pedophilia??? (also mentioned in the movie) Yes, it's an evil world and many people have evil ideologies based on greed and lust and ego. But how exactly does child sacrifice or pedophilia or drinking blood produce a more powerful nation or cabal of some kind? To me that's a giveaway that the authors know that the appeal will be to people who don't really care about actual historical evidence. Also, the author(s) of the video proved that they have not done much homework, but are just trying to fill that supposed knowledge gap by grasping at old paranoid and prejudicial premises. (BTW, my mother and grandmother, in 1941 and 1942, sat next to Dwight Eisenhower's mother at an assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Eisenhower family had been involved in a couple of "Christian" religions and a couple of them associated with IBSA and JWs for many years.)
  • Members

No members to show

• Recent Status Updates

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Apolos2000

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.