The World News Media

How are we to understand the GB/Slave interpreting scripture, as the sole chanel, and at the same time accept that they can err?

Anna

38 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Just keep in mind, men have gone through that to! Therefore, don’t be one sided about rape as “only” a sexual exploit.

You make it appear that you have rather disgusting set of worldly values. I don't know if that was intentional though.

38 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Of those who report their rapes, around 4–5% also describe experiencing orgasm. But the true numbers are likely much higher. In a 2004 review paper, a clinician reports, "I (have) met quite a lot of victims (males) who had the full sexual response during sexual abuse…I (have) met several female victims of incest and rape who had lubrication and orgasm."

This also gives the appearance that you filter your thoughts through set of disgusting worldly values. Although the scribd link is down, you can find this article here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15261004

Here is the quoted abstract:

• The review examines whether unsolicited or non-consensual sexual stimulation of either females or males can lead to unwanted sexual arousal or even to orgasm. The conclusion is that such scenarios can occur and that the induction of arousal and orgasm does not indicate that the subjects consented to the stimulation. A perpetrator's defence simply built upon the fact that evidence of genital arousal or orgasm proves consent has no intrinsic validity and should be disregarded.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on your past "longing" to live in places like Sodom and Gomorrah.

On 5/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, BillyTheKid46 said:

I would love a place that anyone can pick and choose, be good or bad at will. The last place that was that way was called Sodom and Gomorra.

• Views 16.7k
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most Witnesses obviously want to live peaceful Christian lives and conduct ourselves in a way that pleases Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. None of us really want the job of being responsible to take a s

Hi Anna! Sorry for the delay in response. I am a little bit confused what you mean about complete obedience being in the minds of only some Witnesses. The Governing Body spells it out in their literat

Who is more loyal? This is a real conversation I had with a brother. He insisted I should follow some instructions in our congregation. I agreed but I also mentioned this arrangement was silly. T

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

disgusting people like you think of rape as a sex only crime, it's not about sex, it's about the POWER a person has over another. That goes for Male, female, and youth.

What you are saying in this portion is mostly true.

43 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Probably because disgusting people like you think of rape as a sex only crime, it's not about sex, it's about the POWER a person has over another. That goes for Male, female, and youth. It's extremely embarrassing how little you know about worldly subjects. I guess it should be expected since you know even less about the Watchtower, and how it tries to keep a balanced view when witnesses have to deal with worldly problems themselves. 😉

Therefore, don't try to analyze something you are no good at, it just makes it that more pathetic! 😏

Remember though this is EARTHWIDE  in JW Org. CHILD SEX ABUSE, RAPE, PHYSICAL ABUSE, EMOTIONAL ABUSE. Earthwide in JW Org. 

It isn't just a worldly subject. IT IS IN YOUR ORG. 

13 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Represents an awful lot of work. Thanks.

I believe this was compiled by an ex-JW whose name I cannot remember. (I mean the first part that Noble posted, the bit about flip flops on rape etc.). He prided himself on only using WT publications to discredit the org.

1 minute ago, Anna said:

I believe this was compiled by an ex-JW whose name I cannot remember. He prided himself on only using WT publications to discredit the org.

At first I thought it was N.B., but I agree that this seems to be part of a much larger collection of anti-JW material. But you are right, it appears to be all JW material that is used in the 01.Read First; 02.Generation; and 03.LightBrighter files. I haven't seen the other files yet. The arguments may take things to an excessive conclusion, based on added marginal notes, but all this is still a REAL part of the history of the organization that should be understood correctly. We do take pride in the history of our organization, and an honest person would never leave out this information, even if our explanation for it is more generous than we might expect from ex-JWs.

For some, ignorance is bliss, or at least preferable to knowing these things. But a fully honest Witness will want to know what really happened and what others might think of these issues, and prepare for any possible question that might come up based on these issues. (1 Pet 3:15)

Some of these references are fairly recent, so it must be someone who was an active ex-JW recently. Perhaps N.B. knows, or it could be discovered through a search of the large JW discussion group. I make it a point not to visit there because there is too much real hatred of JWs, elders, GB. There is some of that here, but manageable in the sense that you can keep track of the few names who offer very little more than just repetitious hatred of everything related to the organization. It's easier to pick and choose over here, and know what to expect from each participant.

I'm interested in who this was, however, if anyone else already knows or wishes to search it out. Otherwise, I'll try to figure it out. (As of tomorrow, I'm out for over a week, again.)

18 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

The arguments may take things to an excessive conclusion, based on added marginal notes, but all this is still a REAL part of the history of the organization that should be understood correctly. We do take pride in the history of our organization, and an honest person would never leave out this information, even if our explanation for it is more generous than we might expect from ex-JWs. 

For some, ignorance is bliss, or at least preferable to knowing these things. But a fully honest Witness will want to know what really happened and what others might think of these issues, and prepare for any possible question that might come up based on these issues. (1 Pet 3:15)

I agree. The thing is, many would rather not know. At least that's how it appears to me. On the other hand, I wonder what actual good does it do to know? I mean of what practical benefit? (looking at it from the point of view of those who do not want to know, or would rather not know). The only thing I can think of is it equips you better to defend your faith and as you say prepare you for any possible question that might come up based on these issues. This is perhaps the only reason that I started reading these things, so if my son read something, and had questions, I would already know what he was talking about.

2 minutes ago, Anna said:

I wonder what actual good does it do to know? I mean of what practical benefit?

The purpose of demanding TRUTH ... is to get TRUTH .... not someone else's delusional fantasys that are engineered to make a slave of you, and separate you from your money.

The PRACTICAL benefit of knowing TRUTH, years ago, is that I did not have to go to Vietnam, and kill people to support a political agenda, as THE classical example.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.