The World News Media

Why doesn't the Society translate and provide the Russian Court Transcripts for us?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 21.9k
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see we have a few feminists here.  If you investigate where feminism comes from you will not be so eager to promote this way of thinking!  Any case I am female and I am very happy in the congre

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Anna, it is possible that i missed a point, or not understand quite clear, in this sentence. Would you simplified it for me, please, in some other words.

Selfish things (what selfish things?) and - who done selfish things? Disappointed people? Or people who are not disappointed and stay in WT org?  

Some are disappointed  because they have been waiting, and waiting, ....and waiting for the paradise, and now they feel they have wasted their life, because they think they could have got an excellent education, made lots of money, and had a good time, instead of devoting their life to teaching others about God's Kingdom and denying themselves the "good" things the world had to offer.  I am  sorry for not making it  clear.

So my question was, what could have made them disappointed? It was not being able to do those things I mentioned, which are selfish things. On the other hand,  ones who gave their life in pursuit of doing God's will unselfishly, have not regretted anything.....and they are still waiting, and will wait for however long it takes.

1 hour ago, Anna said:

they think they could have got an excellent education, made lots of money, and had a good time

Interesting deviation????? What do you think those who actually did this are now thinking????.... And do you think there are any who actually managed to do  this while they were (quote @Anna) "waiting, and waiting, ....and waiting for the paradise" without wasting their lives?

8 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

What do you think those who actually did this are now thinking??

I don't know....they are probably not thinking about it much since they are long gone and deep into this system of things and its reasoning.

8 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

And do you think there are any who actually managed to do  this while they were (quote @Anna) "waiting, and waiting, ....and waiting for the paradise" without wasting their lives?

I believe some did manage to juggle both and quite successfully. But not everyone is capable of that. After all, we know we cannot serve two masters.... But I was talking about those who begrudge the fact that THEY, in their eyes, made a "bad" decision and blame the Society/the truth/slave etc. for it

20 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

What do you think those who actually did this are now thinking?

Or did you mean those who had a career and did the truth as well, what are they now thinking? Well, maybe something similar to the friends who did not go and sell all their possessions and spent their life savings in anticipation of the end in 1975?

1 hour ago, Anna said:

But I was talking about those who begrudge the fact that THEY, in their eyes, made a "bad" decision and blame the Society/the truth/slave etc. for it

Waiting at the bus stop and the bus doesn't come because you misread the schedule or your copy was blurred is a downer. There is no way to spin it as a good thing. But there is no need to overdramatize it as some great tragedy, either - not unless you've decided that you don't know or care whether the bus comes or not since you've come to like it right where you are.

If the bus doesn't come when expected, that is a pain, but if you busy yourself in the general vicinity and speak to passerby the time seems to move on quickly. When it comes, the five virgins who took top jobs at Exxon and are no longer around have nothing on you.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:33 PM, Anna said:

In all my years as a Witness I have never been aware of that. I wonder why?

As Kevin Alfred Strom said,

“To determine the true rulers of any society, all you must do is ask yourself this question: Who is it that I am not permitted to criticize?”

“But we are acting against Jehovah’s purpose if we do not obey the faithful and discreet slave or if we choose to obey only what we think is important.”  ws11 7/15 pp. 17-21

In other words, no other anointed one or their brethren can discern truth, is that right? It is God’s purpose and will for us to to obey only Christ, which is obeying God; and which results in spiritual blessings.  Obeying men brings entitlement in this world -  a good name among others, a “life” that appears secure, but this isn’t how we make a good name with God or receive eternal life.  We can’t accomplish both.  We can’t serve men and their desires, and God, as we would be deceiving ourselves. Matt 6:24   Accepting “dead” words (“old” light) spoken from foolish prophets, causes one to become a hypocrite. If they have spoken “dead” words in the past using God’s name, why would God bless them at all?  It’s pretty cut and dry. Hos 9:7; 10:1,2  If one desires not to be a hypocrite and wants only to obey God and Christ,  the “prominent position” ruling over Christ’s slaves has sanctioned the elder body to disfellowship that person; because that person, acting out of love for Christ, will not keep doubts to his or herself. They will question the presumed authority and base their case on Christ's own words.   Rev 11:7; 12:11,17

You haven’t gone there, Anna. 

When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.  For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.  For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?  For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”  Mark 8:34-38

It takes a little bit of bravery to stand up to an organization that fails sorely in guiding people on a straight path spiritually; but Jesus said,

“Now when they bring you to the synagogues (“congregations”) and magistrates (the ‘origin’ of rule/leader - GB) and authorities (the power of judicial decisions – elder body), do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say.  For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”  Luke 12:11,12

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.