The World News Media

Why doesn't the Society translate and provide the Russian Court Transcripts for us?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

"Never" heard of water witching so I looked it up. Note this nice, short article:

*** w63 7/1 p. 415 Water-witching and ESP ***
Water-witching and ESP
AFTER reading the article “Protection from Wicked Spirit Forces,” in The Watchtower of November 15, 1962, the president of The American Society of Dowsers, Inc., wrote a letter taking exception to the conclusion reached in the article; namely, that because of the link to extrasensory perception or spiritism Christians do well to abstain from water-witching or divining for water or minerals. Nonetheless, the president of The American Society of Dowsers, Inc., does give that society’s view as to how dowsing works. He writes: “The point of the article is, perhaps, well taken. We agree with the theory that dowsing is a form of ESP and that engaging in any form of ESP can lead to ‘possession’ or the involvement with ‘wicked spirit forces’ unless proper precautions are taken. . . . We prefer the positive approach of warning people interested in dowsing of the dangers.”
Even though the American dowsing society sincerely believes that dowsers can take precautions to avoid “possession” and that much good can be accomplished through forms of ESP, the thing that Christians must keep in mind is that any form of divination or spiritism is condemned by God because of its very nature. It is not holy angels that are behind this ESP but wicked angels or evil spirit creatures whose objective is to mislead mankind. Abstaining from ESP in all its forms is not only proper Scriptural precaution but it is also obedience to God.—Rev. 21:8.

• Views 21.8k
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see we have a few feminists here.  If you investigate where feminism comes from you will not be so eager to promote this way of thinking!  Any case I am female and I am very happy in the congre

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Posted Images

It is my personal belief that "dowzing" has NOTHING to do with spiritual ANYTHING

The principles of Quantum Entanglement  or some other phenomena might apply here.

There are many things in this world that are natural phenomena, that we cannot wrap our minds around ... the underlying principles of what makes your cell phone work would have gotten you burned at the stake as a witch  two hundred years ago, for even suggesting what Einstein called "Spooky action at a distance", which has to do with entangled things at a distance, but absolutely NOTHING to do with "spooks".

Of course, many people, to avoid being chastised,  go to great lengths to avoid dozing, and I am one of them.

45c8e20fd3e3fd6cf766b645e81cd58c--i-hate-work-work-hard.jpg

.... and because my sinuses have been damaged by a lifetime of nasal congestion, I have almost NO sense of smell ... so what YOU have is "extra sensory perception".

Don't tell anybody ... or in a fit of stupidity and applied ignorance, and the ability to publish globally ....  I might encourage the naive to start  gathering firewood.

My uncle used to grow corn on his farm in very rural North Carolina, for him and to sell, and for pigs, and he made cornbread for his hunting dogs.  He had a well made of vertical concrete pipe sections going down, and you got water by pulling up a bucket on a rope.  He would let corn completely dry out, and I would hand crank a device that stripped the hard corn from the corn cob, when I visited him.

There was a bin of stripped corn cobs beside the outhouse, and were used as toilet paper, which required some considerable skill to avoid a ....*coff* ... disaster.

13 hours ago, Arauna said:

but wait ........... the anointed  already have an opportunity to serve as ministerial servants or elders on a 'body of elders ' in each congregation 

“For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”  Gal 3:26-29

in each congregation and can "contribute" their wisdom and humility by 'washing the feet of the others' and not taking prominent places! 

You are aware that the GB have taken the “prominent” position over their fellow slaves, don’t you?  You do realize that their fellow “slaves” are to answer to them, and not directly to their appointed Master, Christ?  So you see, anointed ones are to “wash the feet” of the GB.  In fact, every JW “washes the feet” of not only the GB, but also the elder body through their expected obedience to them, and servitude toward the organization.  Matt 6:24; Rom 14:4

We already have a central organization

Acts 17:24

The GB is 'under' heavenly Zion (Hebr. 12:22)  - so as an extension of Zion they represent Zion on earth...

Incredible. 

Watchtower 02/7/1 pp. 9-14    Today, Zion is represented on earth by the remaining ones of “the Israel of God,” the international congregation of spirit-anointed Christians, who have the hope of ruling with Christ in heaven.

To clarify, every authentic anointed one is Zion, God’s dwelling and Temple as the Body of Christ.  John 2:19-21; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Eph 2:20-22; Col 2:11,12; Eph 2:6; Ps 132:7-9,13,14

Unless they choose to deny Christ, as has the “wicked slave” who beats down his fellow slaves using the “man of lawlessness”/false priesthood/elder body.   Matt 24:48-51

“But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.  And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.  2 Pet 2:1-3

When the elders work together properly (collectively) the spirit of Jehovah can operate freely in the elder body and direct matters

God does not bless “foreigners”/”Gentiles” who replace his anointed priesthood; “sitting” in for them, or standing over them, demanding their obedience. 2 Chron 23:6; Ezek 44:6-9

It is a “disgusting thing” – an “abomination standing in the holy place”.  Yet, the Watchtower has attempted to change scripture to support this abomination.

NKJV for Ezek 44:6-9 -  Say to rebellious Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Enough of your detestable practices, people of Israel!  In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant. 8 Instead of carrying out your duty in regard to my holy things, YOU put others in charge of my sanctuary. 9 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter my sanctuary, not even the foreigners who live among the Israelites."

Now, read the NWT:

"And you must say to Rebelliousness, to the house of Israel, "This is what the sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, "That is enough of you because of all your detestable things, O house of Israel, when you bring in the foreigners uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, in order to come to be in my sanctuary so as to profane it, even my house, when you present my bread, fat and blood, while they keep breaking my covenant on account of all your detestable things. Neither have you taken care of the obligation of my holy things, nor would you post [others] as caretakers of my obligation in my sanctuary for yourselves. This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: "No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, may come into my sanctuary, that is, any foreigner who is in the midst of the sons of Israel."

I hope you can see the devious ploy of the Watchtower to support their elder body; but by doing so, they contradicted their own intention.  Firstly, they say the priests brought foreigners into the sanctuary, then it is state they didn’t “post others as caretakers”, as if they needed to.  The NKJV version shows that the sin was “foreigners” were brought into the sanctuary and put in charge of the priestly duties. 

The “others” in God’s sanctuary today, is the “Gentile” elder body, replacing “Israel” – replacing the authentic priesthood and removing the “daily sacrifice”.    Rom 2:28,29; Dan 8:12;7:25;11:31;12:11; Matt:24,25; Rev 13:7; Matt:24,25; 1 Tim 4:1; Rev 11:1,2; 6:14,15;17:14  

they do not need an anointed one to function

Your words support the “disgusting thing” of Matt 24:15

For I will restore health to you
And heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord,
‘Because they called you an outcast saying:
“This is Zion;
No one seeks her.”’  Jer 30:20

If you do not trust Jehovah to oversee the knowledge he wants us to have now and to direct his angels in preaching work - you will find yourself outside this organization..

Then Nebuchadnezzar, in rage and fury, gave the command to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. So they brought these men before the king. 14 Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the gold image which I have set up? 15 Now if you are ready at the time you hear the sound of the horn, flute, harp, lyre, and psaltery, in symphony with all kinds of music, and you fall down and worship the image which I have made, good! But if you do not worship, you shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace. And who is the god who will deliver you from my hands?”

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. 17 If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. 18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.”

Then Nebuchadnezzar was full of fury, and the expression on his face changed toward Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. He spoke and commanded that they heat the furnace seven times more than it was usually heated. 20 And he commanded certain mighty men of valor who were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, and cast them into the burning fiery furnace. 21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their trousers, their turbans, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 22 Therefore, because the king’s command was urgent, and the furnace exceedingly hot, the flame of the fire killed those men who took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. 23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?”

They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.”

25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.”

Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, who sent His Angel and delivered His servants who trusted in Him, and they have frustrated the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they should not serve nor worship any god except their own God!   Dan chapter 3

and it is the only organization with future kings and subjects.

“Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns,[b] and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. 

So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, (Matt 24:15; 1 Cor 3:16,17) and those who dwell in heaven. It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.  Rev 13:1,4,6-8

“They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city (ZION!). And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.  The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”  Rev 20:9,10

I am defending God, Christ, our High Priest and his priesthood, (Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9) which is Zion, as scripture dictates.  What are you defending, an organization built in Satan’s world, and a delusion? 2 Thess 2:9-12

“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”  Heb 4:12

4 hours ago, Witness said:

You are aware that the GB have taken the “prominent” position over their fellow slaves, don’t you?  You do realize that their fellow “slaves” are to answer to them, and not directly to their appointed Master, Christ?  So you see, anointed ones are to “wash the feet” of the GB.  In fact, every JW “washes the feet” of not only the GB, but also the elder body through their expected obedience to them, and servitude toward the organization.

In all my years as a Witness I have never been aware of that. I wonder why?

7 hours ago, Witness said:

“For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”  Gal 3:26-29

Perhaps because this verse sisters can watch on money donate box on convention place and giving publications as sister ministerial servants in KH :))))))))))  

And as G. Jackson told before ARC,  "GB will consider that sisters be involved in investigation process about child molestation. But never be part of judicial committee."   

Hahaha, never say never! Deborah was Judge and Prophet for Israel, and ALL SONS of Israel come to her to hear verdict, judge decision she made, to  OBEY what SHE has said. All those events took place in very very patriarchal (macho) time of human history and history of Israel nation. After Christ those things (male-female distinction) must been changed in Christian congregation, but no, women are  lesser class in doctrinal view of GB or WT JWorg organized religion pyramid hierarchy. :)))))

If people would go to first verses of Genesis it is possible to see how Adam and Eve are equal before God. Only after eating apple Curse was told (God pronounced a curse) about  male tyranny over women. And Jew OT and NT male congregants obey that curse gladly. hahaaha. This curse was not God's wish for how should to be, to look, male/female relations.  GB "bible scholars" interprets Bible verses in wrong way. 

@Arauna I am a feminist but I still loved what you said in your post. It shows that you are keenly aware of what sisters think, what they go through, and how they should think in order to build up the congregation under their circumstances. You really should consider submitting a version of this to the brothers at Bethel. Your husband apparently knows your value and your values. I'm sure he would help facilitate this if it's not something you feel comfortable with.

I know a sister who wrote a couple articles for the Awake! while her husband worked in the Service Department, and another sister (now ex-sister, unfortunately) who was very well respected by Brother Lloyd Barry and both Brothers Karl and Don Adams and put together a huge portion of the Proclaimers book. At least one sister I know is currently involved in research, perhaps there are more.

11 hours ago, Witness said:

You are aware that the GB have taken the “prominent” position over their fellow slaves, don’t you?

If you claim to be part of that Zion - how come your 'fruits' are accusations all the time and a bringing down of those doing the preaching work.  Satan is called the "accuser before God all the time "- .  Did Satan have anything good to offer the world?  No the end of it is destruction and hopelessness.  If you understand the scriptures so well - how is the structure to function to accommodate you!!  Do not bother to answer me if  you do not give me a thorough practical structure!   Must we  bring all those who call themselves anointed together (men and women as you say)  and only listen to them?  How will they feed the sheep and do the printing, make the videos and do all the other jobs needed?  And how will we keep out those who profess to be anointed and are not?   It reminds me of the Russians - when the KGB did all the right moves but their hearts were far from Jehovah!   Yes - there can be individuals in the GB who maybe are of the same sort - but TRUST Jehovah to sort it out!  

BUT in your words above you put out a blanket statement that ALL of them are like this! You make them out to be like a bunch of dictators.......but I suspect they only became like this to you when it became their duty to protect unwanted influences in the congregation!

This is a red flag...... You accuse them for hitting on you, a fellow slave, BUT you are doing that to them - and in a very PUBLIC way.  I think you are smarting because the "position" was not afforded you for your exceptional "insight".   But I think it is time for you to do more introspection because from your postings I see a person who is very hurt because they were NOT afforded the attention of one who is anointed.  Did Paul not say that special "knowledge and prophecy" will be done away with?  LOVE is the sign of a true disciple - anointed or not.   I chatted with a smart but sweet anointed sister in South Africa and she said to me....... Arauna, when in doubt -- show love (and I do show self-sacrificing love) when in doubt - because this always brings the best results! It is Jehovah's way.  And things tend to sort themselves out.

You quote all kinds of scriptures - it does not impress me - if it does not bring a logical conclusion.  As I said before - I expect Jehovah to be love and logic..... there is nothing in the bible that does not have a good reason for it.

The principles Jehovah gives us to live by is already a blueprint for the new world.  If we cannot pummel our bodies now to fit in with society (our spiritual society on this side of Armageddon) how are you going to develop the qualities and social skills to live righteously now and in the new world .?........and judge fairly now and in future?  Your compassion is at a NULL because you use the Bible quotations not for edifying purpose of others but to "accuse" all the time and claim your special status - so how will you judge when you are going to be up there? Do you honestly think you have the "social" maturity to judge others? 

It is like the new social movements in the world at present - all they see is power - and it must disappear! Totally destructive - satans spirit.   I do not see power - unless you break the law.  When one breaks law - then you are under the law - otherwise you are free all the time and do not even think of the law.  Self-control is very important to gain Jehovah's approval.  If you cannot contain yourself to completely judge others when they do not agree with you or have no humility to stop when you are asked to - then you DO NOT have the fruitage of the spirit - self-control.

I always have had to watch my personality (having trained for many years as a opera singer with a strong presence and big voice) ,  I have learnt to be very friendly BUT not domineering at all.  Yet I can come across sometimes as too powerful.  SO  I had to literally pummel my body to make it useful to Jehovah.  Fortunately, I have found my niche in the Arabic community because they respect a person who can present themselves in convincing way.  (Thanks to Jehovah).  I use this example to show that we all are a work in progress and one can easily step on toes if you do not watch yourself all the time........ but hopefully Jehovah helps me to maintain a humble spirit to adapt when I am asked to change something about my personality.....

We are all a work in progress but it seems that you are stuck on your anointing; and this is the end -all of everything to you!  It has become your GOD because it is ruling your every thought and being.  You seem to return to this every time and then you accuse!   It is not too late!  You do not want to be the 5 virgins who did not have their lamps shining!   and have to ask for fellow virgins to give some oil!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.