The World News Media

Why doesn't the Society translate and provide the Russian Court Transcripts for us?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 21.8k
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see we have a few feminists here.  If you investigate where feminism comes from you will not be so eager to promote this way of thinking!  Any case I am female and I am very happy in the congre

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Sorry   I don't care to argue with apostates who use the same type of questioning that Satan used. The "Ministry of Justice is now being influenced by Dvorkin and other anti-cultist apostates and the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gone Fishing said:

So how do you class the gripers on the forum?

I'm not sure about this forum, because there is a variety on here, but generally, from my experience, those who gripe the most are ones who have been thrown out, and as a consequence have lost their relationships with relatives. If they could get their relatives back, I don't think they would gripe so much, or maybe not at all....imo

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

One sister said she liked it. It humanized him. But then she remembered how he's treated our brothers.

See the swagger he was attempting? A man, who is a real man, doesn't have to try.......

3 hours ago, Witness said:

It takes a little bit of bravery to stand up to an organization that fails sorely in guiding people on a straight path spiritually

That's just it you see., I don't think the org. has failed in guiding people on a straight path spiritually...

By the way I couldn't find that quote in the WT you cited. I'm sure its there somewhere. I personally don't like the term "obedience" with respect to humans, but rather cooperation.

12 hours ago, Witness said:

if we do not obey the faithful and discreet slave

9 hours ago, Anna said:

By the way I couldn't find that quote in the WT you cited. I'm sure its there somewhere. I personally don't like the term "obedience" with respect to humans, but rather cooperation.

• https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402011525
  • We can enter into Jehovah’s rest if we obey him and work with his organization. 17 But we are acting against Jehovah’s purpose if we do not obey the faithful and discreet slave or if we choose to obey only what we think is important.

It has become harder to search on text from the Simplified Watchtower in WOL.jw.org.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:34 AM, JW Insider said:

@Witness Thanks for responding. Too much to respond to right now, but I never had the impression that many who claim to be of the anointed have concerns about doctrinal differences anyway. There are often quirky persons among them, but in my experience, they seem to be quite loyal to the GB, and among the GB themselves, they seem quite loyal to the existing doctrines.

Wasn't GB member Martin Poetzinger a person who had gone through Nazi persecution? He never spoke much when I was at Bethel, even though he was on the Governing Body, so I never heard him tell his own experiences, but I understand he spent a total of 8 or 9 years in concentration camps.

Did this GB member suffer from persecution at the hands of his own people, as Jesus did?  John 15:20; Matt 5:11,12; Luke 12:52,53  Did he suffer for his testimony of Christ or because he was part of the Watchtower organization? Rev  11:7; 12:17   Obviously, those in the Watchtower at that time period were thrown to a different “wolf” in Satan’s world.  Don’t you find it rather ironic that the organization, which compares itself to the early Israelite nation, promises safety in the organization when no real safety exists?  Yet, with the nation of Israel, whenever God’s people followed his laws closely, they were protected from marauders, and God provided all of their needs.  Isa 48:18

It is a lie to convince people that on the one hand, they are compared to God’s early nation, and they are taught that salvation is only through the organization; yet, on the other hand, they must fight for their worldly rights and suffer for it.  Since they suffer, which is the truth?   Is the organization similar to God’s nation of Israel, or are its leaders flying by the seat of their pants? 

Just as Jesus was persecuted by his own people, the type of persecution the anointed and brethren suffer when speaking out against lies, is from their own people, which thoroughly fulfills Matt 24 and so many other scriptures. 

Refinement has nothing to do with sacrificing one’s previous life goals to become a GB member, which position provides all one’s needs. Refinement is directed at cleansing the heart from all forms of hypocrisy, false prophesy and “new light”, which is another term for “lie”. Rom 8:16,17; Col 1:24; 6:5; 8:36; Mal 3:1-3; 1 Cor 3:13; Rev 3:19

The Bible has always followed the history God’s nation.  Surely, you must wonder why the Watchtower has turned the end time fulfillment  away from God’s people, to Satan’s world.  Why the change?  Satan is bent on killing the “remaining ones of the woman’s seed”.  Would a god of deception; an angel of light; do so in full recognizable view of the victim? Or would he point out a scapegoat as the cause?   There is no “war” against the “saints” in Satan’s world, but war happens when the “saints”, as well as their brethren, defend God’s word and reject lies in the organization.  Rev 13:6,7,15; 12:17

Any JW who may say there are no lies taught over the years of the organization, has fallen completely for Satan’s delusion.  2 Thess 2:9-12

On 10/28/2017 at 3:36 AM, Arauna said:

Must we  bring all those who call themselves anointed together (men and women as you say)  and only listen to them?

You are sounding a lot like Korah.

Mal 2:7; Mat 5:14; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Deut 10:8; 17:9; 33:10; Lev 10:8,11; 1 John 2:20,27; Phil 2:15; Rev 1:20; 11:3,4; Zech 4:11,14

You believe I am haughty, and yet, you don’t know me at all.  But I have learned about you, since you seem to enjoy expressing yourself.   My intention is for you to learn about God's appointed priesthood.

Let me put it simply, Arauna.  The elder body will not bring about the Kingdom of God.  It is the anointed priesthood and their faithfulness to Christ – their refinement from all sin and blasphemy that will bring the completion of the Temple of God, once there are sealed. Zech 4:5,7

May I ask, why would the appointed ones of God be so disgraced by your words?  Why are those appointed by men given higher honor than God’s authentic priesthood? During the time of the end, the “saints” – not the elder body – are “trampled” by – the elder body who have replaced them! 2 Thess 2:1-12; Matt 24:15; Ezek 44:6-9; 2 Chron 13:9

And no, it won’t happen that the anointed ones, spiritual “Israel”, will be given any position to guide the sheep in the organization, because Satan is making sure that their power is brought to nothing, as your words so vividly support. Dan 12:7    (Rom 2:29; 1 Cor 3:16; 1 Pet 2:5,9)

Jer 48:27 - For was not Israel a derision to you?
Was he found among thieves?
For whenever you speak of him,
You shake your head in scorn.

For any who see this disgusting thing standing in God’s Temple, they are to FLEE.  Matt 24:15,17; Luke 17:26-37

12 hours ago, Anna said:

15 Spiritual food from the faithful and discreet slave class is disseminated to local congregations by appointed elders. The Bible admonishes us: “Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over your souls as those who will render an account; that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to you.” (Heb. 13:17) Does this mean that congregation elders are infallible? Of course not! God sees their imperfections more clearly than any human can. Still, he expects us to be submissive. Cooperating with the elders, even though they are imperfect, gives evidence that we accept Jehovah’s authority. - w08 6/15 p. 21-22

Things that would be damaging us is/are accepting anything that this imperfect humans told members they have to do. 

Biblical logic is this:

One Bible verse (Heb. 13:17) told people how they need to obey other human who are leading, governing over other group of people. It is a little weird that Paul talking about "elders" (in fact human who have same imperfections as "flock") as those who "keeping watch over your souls" . How one human can watch soul of another human at all? Adult person can watch over kids and children. But  after person had come to some "maturity" he/she is responsible to own "soul" not John or Mark. You personally will give "answer" for yourself. And no one else will be responsible for your fall or rise.  

Second Bible verse (Rom. 13:1) said: "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. Here we have command that "elders and flock" are under "worldly authority". Did/Does JWorg obey all what secular authority put on JW members? We all know that it is not the case. WT JW org found "biblical reasons" why not to obey, to be submissive to secular authority. For the same way of logic it would be normal for JW flock to refuse to obey (to put himself in submissive position) some or many or every instruction that come from GB, elders or WT Company.

Third Bible verse. (Eccl. 8:9) "All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm. " Even WT teaching that it is not JHVH will, it is not natural, that men rule over another men. And how He is not created men for such purpose. But WT Company still have hierarchy as any other worldly Company (or church).

21 hours ago, Anna said:

...they have been waiting, and waiting...

So my question was, what could have made them disappointed?  

Is waiting problem? What Bible say:

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick,    but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." (Proverbs 13:12)

Who, what can bring hope, comfort instead disappointment: 

"For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ."(2. Cor 1:5)

BUT as  explained here "sufferings of Christ", NOT in sufferings according to GB interpretations of  what are, what can be, what have to be this sufferings. Would people be disappointed for reasons of Christ teachings or for reasons of human interpretations on Christ teachings?? You or me can take that luxus (done from our comfortable room)  and judge motives and reasons for someone's disappointed and perhaps so called "spiritual fall". But is it fall or just awakening from dream and deceived mind we builded through years in JWorg?

Answers for your question are not, can not be  just "simplified edition" (WT magazine simplified edition, hehehe) as we can conclude in first look. We can make "general conclusion" but it would be unjustifiable and without deep insight on human and influence of this or that  thing that was make them compliant, easily influenced from organized religion hierarchy (clergy, priests, elders, GB) My comments are just starting to open the door for answers.    

16 hours ago, Witness said:

fallen completely for Satan’s delusion

'By their fruits you shall know them.'  All I see is defensive talk on defending yourself and accusing others of being 'deluded'.  Your version of the "truth" is more important to you and in effect you have become your own god - defending yourself and incapable of working in harmony with others. 

I have seen no thankfulness at all in your comments. The most important things you learnt from those very people whom you now despise are:  Jehovah's name, the mortality of the soul, Jesus is not God, and many more teachings - with which - by the way - you would not understand the 'ransom' properly to be able to receive any mercy from Jehovah in the first place - if you did not understand these basic teachings of the bible properly. Where did you learn them? 

At present, the pupil thinks he knows more than the teacher and has come to despise him.....seen that a lot in my life.  You find yourself outside the organization - not because you were a positive attribute to it but an unrepentant distractor and accuser..... and you are hardened in that spirit.   Your suffering is what you brought on yourself - it is not others who are doing this to you - yourself.  Acknowledge this fact and you may get some healing.  It is like the drunk who refuses to acknowledge they have a problem! Drunk with your own wine!

Knowing many scriptures does not qualify one for remaining an anointed but an extremely humble spirit and a spirit of "serving" others not a spirit of knowing it all...   The famous quote from 1Corinthians 8 :  Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.  If anyone thinks he knows something, he does not yet know it as he should know it.....

And as I said before - one can find oneself to be one of the five virgins with no oil to keep the lamps burning. That illustration was given by Jesus as a warning to the anointed!

Added point:  About your impractical ranting regarding the 'priesthood' that needs to be acknowledged now. .....  During the thousand years is the time when the priesthood will be working with Jesus to get the earth restored and our sins removed..... not now. They will then rule and officiate as priests...... Their job (which comes with a new name) comes only in the new heavens. 

When all the priests are in heaven (married to the bridegroom) ? who is going to organize things on earth?  Aren't these "elders" who are NOT  anointed (and according to you are selfishly taking the place of the priests at present) receiving training -  learning to shepherd in a loving way?  Arent they going to care for us during Armageddon when the sealing has been completed and these anointed have received their calling..?  Or is it all about the anointed for you and not the great crowd? 

In my experience with the Bible - Jehovah is most practical and logic and foresees any questions that may be raised in future.  Can you answer this question?  Why are there going to be 144,000 to rule in heaven?  Why did God not use Jesus only?

8 hours ago, Arauna said:

you would not understand the 'ransom' properly to be able to receive any mercy from Jehovah in the first place - if you did not understand these basic teachings of the bible properly

Just to heat up a little about; sin, ransom, dead.

"What Does the Bible Really Teach?", chapter five about Ransom, JWorg library quotes;

"It is a gift from God to mankind... Clearly, then, when Adam disobeyed God and was condemned to death, he paid a very high price. His sin cost him his perfect human life with all its blessings. (Genesis 3:17-19) Sadly, Adam lost this precious life not only for himself but also for his future offspring. God’s Word says: “Through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12). ...The idea of a ransom basically involves two things. First, a ransom is the price paid to ...Second, a ransom is the price that covers, or pays, the cost of something....By sacrificing, or giving up, his perfect life in flawless obedience to God, Jesus paid the price for Adam’s sin. Jesus thus brought hope to Adam’s offspring.—Romans 5:19; 1 Corinthians 15:21, 22......

WHAT THE RANSOM CAN MEAN FOR YOU

14, 15. To receive “the forgiveness of our sins,” what must we do?

1)The forgiveness of sins

2)A clean conscience before God. 

3)The hope of everlasting life on a paradise earth.

:) NOW LET GET SOME ISSUE to comment  :) 

Rom. 6:23 NWT say; "For the wages sin pays is death,..." and JW org explained this verse that when human died he/she are free of every sin he/she made while was living.    (compare with this translation; "For the wages of sin is death, NIV) not the same :) 

By this WT explanation Jesus ransom came to be unnecessary because particular person pay for sins, that had made, by own death. But as it said in "Teaching book", Jesus paid the price for Adam’s sin. By this then we come to point that our present sins would not be covered by Jesus sacrifice, because Jesus paid price only for Adam's sin and not for sins we made after acknowledge and accepting Jesus, because as some JW members had said in connection to Bible verse in Heb. 10.. How would be paid price for sin if person have not died?

For example, JW members survived Armageddon and as sinful imperfect humans start to living in Paradise. But they are still imperfect and doing sin. Who covered their sins?? We still have Romans 6:23-  "For the wages sin pays is death".  Heb 10:26, 27 said, "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,  but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God." BUT again if we died even in that state of "deliberately sinning" as imperfect humans, than our dead will/would cover all sins we done, because after you die you are free of all your sins - Rom 6:23 again. And by that you can wait in grave for for second, third, fourth chance :)))))))

But here is something else what we can find in Bible, so please meditate about and try to explain what sins will be, would be covered by death of this people and under what circumstances, and when and for whom get, take benefits from the deaths of this people ??????? -Proverbs 11:8; 21:18 and Isaiah 42:1-3    

P.S. Additional verses: Isaiah 43:3; Ex. 30:12; Num. 3:46-51; Ps. 49:7; Romans 3:24 

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

'By their fruits you shall know them.'  All I see is defensive talk on defending yourself and accusing others of being 'deluded'.  Your version of the "truth" is more important to you and in effect you have become your own god - defending yourself and incapable of working in harmony with others. 

My version of “truth” is pure, direct from Christ since only he is my Head, not a wicked slave.  Truth is unchanging, Arauna.  If one calls a doctrine truth and it changes within a few years, that doctrine can no longer be called “truth”, isn’t this so?  What is the foundation of the Wt., if not continually changing “truth”?  God’s Word is truth, Jesus Christ is truth and he has the capability to instill truth into those he chooses, if they live by it.  I believe “truth” is most important to God and Jesus, as well as how it is dispensed.   James 1:5; 2 Cor 4:6; John 14:6; John 18:37; 15:16

I have seen no thankfulness at all in your comments. The most important things you learnt from those very people whom you now despise are:  Jehovah's name, the mortality of the soul, Jesus is not God, and many more teachings - with which - by the way - you would not understand the 'ransom' properly to be able to receive any mercy from Jehovah in the first place - if you did not understand these basic teachings of the bible properly. Where did you learn them? 

Thankfulness?  For being misled by Satan’s most successful ruse?  Who would Satan target with a carrot if not those who threaten his own power, which are the anointed ones?  What I have come to appreciate with awe is the fulfillment of Luke 22:31; 2 Cor 11:3,14,15; Matt 7:15; 24:24,25; Rev 13:7,8; Col 2:8; 1 Tim 4:1; Rev 16:13,14

At present, the pupil thinks he knows more than the teacher and has come to despise him.....seen that a lot in my life. 

Are you speaking of the organization as the “teacher” or Christ, the only Head of the anointed Body of Christ, who told us to worship in spirit and in truth – not on any physical “mountain”, which includes a “mountainlike organization”?  John 4:21-24

Your suffering is what you brought on yourself - it is not others who are doing this to you - yourself.

I wonder if the Pharisees told that to Jesus.  Matt 5:10-12 

Acknowledge this fact and you may get some healing

Heb 5:8; 1 Thess 2:14; 1 Pet 2:21-25

It is like the drunk who refuses to acknowledge they have a problem! Drunk with your own wine!

Those “drunk” with wine are those who drink out of the Harlot’s cup; the Harlot/false prophet who has forsaken Christ to serve another. “She” is the one misleading the “kings”/anointed ones of the earth with her lies.  Rev 17:-1-6,17

Knowing many scriptures does not qualify one for remaining an anointed but an extremely humble spirit and a spirit of "serving" others not a spirit of knowing it all...   The famous quote from 1Corinthians 8 :  Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.  If anyone thinks he knows something, he does not yet know it as he should know it.....

Is your version of humility one who keeps his mouth shut and obeys men over God?  2 Cor 10:4-6; Acts 5:29  Yes, love builds up, yet the GB has chosen to forsake the love for their fellow servants by demanding their obedience; as if they are the judge and not Christ.  I wish you could see this.  Rom 6:16;14:4; James 4:12; Matt 24:48-51

And as I said before - one can find oneself to be one of the five virgins with no oil to keep the lamps burning. That illustration was given by Jesus as a warning to the anointed!

The foolish virgins “buy” oil – spiritual “food” -  from another source, and not from Christ. Matt 25:9,10 That source is from the “wicked slave”, who admits it is not inspired.  Why would any anointed one or their companions “buy” and then “sell” to others, uninspired “food”?  Rev 13:16,17   Holy Spirit comes directly from Christ, not through another “mediator”. The anointed are oppressed and ruled over, besides having the threat of a spiritual “death” hanging over them. If they let these obstacles stop them from ‘meeting’ the Bridegroom, they are the foolish virgins.  Rev 13:7,15 

Added point:  About your impractical ranting regarding the 'priesthood' that needs to be acknowledged now. .....  

Paul acknowledged the priesthood; in fact he taught about it. Should that knowledge now be discarded? Since this priesthood is built on Christ’s Body, refusing to acknowledge it is the same as refusing to acknowledge Christ, since the members of the Body are one in Christ and God’s true Temple.  1 Cor 12:20; Eph 2:20-22; 4:11-16

“For it stands in Scripture:

See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and honored cornerstone,
and the one who believes in him
will never be put to shame.

So honor will come to you who believe; but for the unbelieving,

The stone that the builders rejected—
this one has become the cornerstone,

and

A stone to stumble over,
and a rock to trip over.” 1 Pet 2:6-8

During the thousand years is the time when the priesthood will be working with Jesus to get the earth restored and our sins removed..... not now. They will then rule and officiate as priests...... Their job (which comes with a new name) comes only in the new heavens. 

“This is the declaration of the LORD to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool." 2 The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion. Rule over your surrounding enemies.”  Ps 110:1,2

The symbolic “thousand years” began when Christ ascended into heaven. Eph 1:20-23; Matt 10:34

And it is now over.  Satan has formulated his ruse to attack the anointed ones – using a “false prophet” and an assumed “spirit-directed” by God -- “image” .  Rev 20:7-9; Rev 13:2-4,7,9,15-17

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/topic/32169-anointed-ones-and-jworg/?tab=comments#comment-70086

When all the priests are in heaven (married to the bridegroom) ? who is going to organize things on earth?  Aren't these "elders" who are NOT  anointed (and according to you are selfishly taking the place of the priests at present) receiving training -  learning to shepherd in a loving way?

It will be the appointed priesthood.  They will reign on the earth (Rev 5:9,10) as God’s Bride and part of God’s Temple, where his spirit dwells within their hearts, and which will come down out of heaven.  1 Cor 3:16,17; 1 John 4:13  They are the “new creation”, both heavenly and human just as Christ appeared to the disciples after he was resurrected. John 1:51; Acts 1:3; Rev 21:2; 3        

Or is it all about the anointed for you and not the great crowd? 

Truly, the Watchtower has so successfully misled the sheep with lies.  I posted this earlier under“  “Controversial” 

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/topic/48089-watchtower-and-the-great-crowd-doctrine/

Remember, the anointed ones are the "firstfruits" of God's children under the New Covenant /"mother"/promise. Gal 4:26 Once it is a reality in the union of Jesus, the "Father" (Isa 9:6) and the Bride of Christ, the rest of Abraham's seed/children of God will be "born".  1 Cor 15:23; Rev 22:17

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.